Code of Conduct

Default Article: Final three fragrances announced in Basenotes / CPL Aromas Fragrance Project

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I am without words! THANK YOU!
    Mike, it is an honour and a privilege that you will dedicate your time and efforts to making this concept work. I am BESIDE MYSELF right now.

Congrats to Ruggles and Quarry too - I am in the most remarkable of company. Many thanks also to those who commented on my brief... I am seriously gobsmacked!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 10th February 2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: edited out some of my exclamation marks (believe it or not).

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Congrats! It sounds like these will turn into some really amazing scents.

How exciting. Three wonderful briefs, three talented perfumers and an incredibly revved up and supportive community. This is too much fun.

Congratulations to the winners. I'm sure the fragrances will be very interesting.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dear Beverley, I’m excited beyond reason. Hope you have lots of fun virtually sticking your head in purses.

Grant, thank you for giving us — oh, heck — ME(!) a milestone opportunity to be part of the creative process. Seriously, a high point in my existence.

Congratulations Dimi and the other ones. Knew you'd make it, haha.. the creative mind

Default Re: Article: Final three fragrances announced in Basenotes / CPL Aromas Fragrance Project

Dimitri, Quarry and Ruggles....congratulations!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Wow, holding back the tears of joy! I feel quite honored having my brief turned into a reality by David Ruskin. I am also honored to be in the esteemed company of Quarry and Dimitri.
    I can't wait for the sniffing to begin.
    Thank you Grant for giving us this incredible opportunity.
    YAY!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the winning briefs and their authors! All remarkable!
    I was wondering if Basenotes considers to establish a kind of institution with this fragrance project? A fragrance project every 2 to 5 years? What do you think? Woudln't that be creative fun?

Congratulations, Dimitri, Quarry and Ruggles!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Final three fragrances announced in Basenotes / CPL Aromas Fragrance Project

Congratulations to Dimitri, Quarry and Ruggles for your outstanding submissions!

And thanks to everyone for your submissions. It was a pleasure to read them. You are all winners in my view!
    Last edited by kbe; 10th February 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Congratulations Dimitri, Ruggles and Quarry! They all sound great and I can't wait to buy each one!

Basenotes Plus

Many congratulations Dimitri, Ruggles, and Quarry. Worthy winners indeed.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 10th February 2010 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I am without words! THANK YOU!
    Mike, it is an honour and a privilege that you will dedicate your time and efforts to making this concept work. I am BESIDE MYSELF right now.

Congrats to Ruggles and Quarry too - I am in the most remarkable of company. Many thanks also to those who commented on my brief... I am seriously gobsmacked!
    You've been working with natural botanicals like myself, you know how difficult a note absinthe, or wormwood, is to work with, so in the hands of an expert nose (there's an interesting mental picture) I think we're going to have something seriously interesting on our hands.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Congratulations Winners! This Was Fun & I Wouldn't Mind Doing It Again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarry, Dimitri & Ruggles ~ Thank you for providing such heartfelt inspiration for these three scents. Your concepts represent the passion, creativity and appreciation of fine fragrance that basenoters are well known for! We celebrate you!

Basenotes Institution

Hurray ! Fab! Well done and congratulations to Dimitri, Ruggles and Quarry !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Congrats to the winners. Everthing was so fascinating and I loved ever brief I read.

Way to go, guys. Your briefs certainly deserve smelling. Let me rephrase that.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

WOW! How FANTASTIC! Congratulations to all the winners - Dimitri, Ruggles and Quarry. But I need to say a special SO FABULOUS to Dimitri - I know how very much this would mean to you. So excellent!

Congratulations to each of you!!
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Huge congratulations and very best wishes to the winners. This is such a great move by Basenotes and a wonderful privilege for those who submitted the winning briefs.

Mosses, leathers, musky woods, revisiting and updating old fragrance styles... all totally up my straße! I think the winners were very well chosen. Is there still time to sign up to the Sampling Programme?!

Naturally, I'm gutted that my brief wasn't selected - and almost more disappointed for some of the other Basenoters that really entered into to the spirit of the project with such enthusiasm and creativity - but didn't make it. My best wishes to them too.

Andrew Dell
    x
    Last edited by silverdog; 10th February 2010 at 10:38 PM.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Congratulations to the winners, Dimitri, Ruggles, and Quarry! I'm so very excited for you.

Congratulations to everyone that entered. I was blown away by the talent and the wonderful briefs. There were some very orginal ideas presented and I'm sure the decision was a tough one.

Congratulations to all of us at Basenotes! We are going to be exposed to some awesome new frags soon!

Basenotes Plus

Fantastic!

Congratulations!

I really have enjoyed following this entire process. But, my goodness, how difficult to choose just three. (In my mind, I had conjured each and every one into fabulous scents.) I very much appreciate everyone who spent the time & effort to submit their briefs.

Can't wait to try these, they sound absolutely wonderful.

shadesofbleu has really spoken my mind! I'm very happy for the winners, and so proud that all of BN had such high quality submissions. The three chosen fragrances sound absolutely fabulous--I can't wait to try the samples!

Bravo, congrats, and hurrah for Quarry, Dimi and Ruggles!!!!!

The briefs were fantastic, the winners well-deserved, and I am confident the fragrances will be glorious!!!!

What a marvelous undertaking...
    Last edited by ComDiva; 11th February 2010 at 01:55 AM.

Congrats to Quarry, Dimitri, and Ruggles, as well as to all the other brief writers submitted. It was so fun reading them all!

Congratulations to the winners: Dimitri, Quarry and Ruggles!

Congratulations to Dimitri, Quarry, and Ruggles! I'm thrilled for you! And let me add my thanks to all who submitted their wonderfully creative briefs. What a day for Basenotes! Hooray!!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gy83up.jpg
    Last edited by Haunani; 11th February 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Awesome! Those are definitely great choices. All very original and creative. Congratulations, all!

I'm excited to see what Quarry's scent will be like, as I mentioned originally. And Dimitri's has a lot of room for play. I look forward to seeing how that concept is done. Absinthe is definitely a winner with me! And I'm pleased that Ruggle's leather won, because I'm very short on leather fragrances but swimming in colognes, with several new ones coming out soon, so it's a better fit to my wardrobe than his floral cologne would have been, despite the fact that I loved that one so much.

Very cool. Let the development and sniffing begin!

Mahvahllous choices! Huge congrats to the very creative souls whose briefs deservedly made it.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Congratulations, Dimitri, Quarry, and Ruggles! What a wonderful experience for you three. I'm so excited to be witnessing all this!

Blog Entries

Add my congratulations. I look forward to all three. Some I can compare to things I have smelled. And it will be good to smell an absinthe 'fume so I don't have to drink the drink.

Basenotes Institution

Congrat's to the winners. How exciting!

very cool project - hopefully something good will coem out of it - scienceuticals

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Congrats, you guys!
    I'm pretty pumped myself! For orris, leather, suede, absinthe and rum notes are among my most favorite! Iirc 'green', 'oriental' and 'chypre' were mentioned too! Yippee!!

Adding congratulations to the three winners!
    Will be awaiting the outcomes with interest.

They all sound so amazing x well done guys xx

I'm so late to this party, but thrilled upon reading the briefs...all sound bequiling, inviting and beautiful!
    Congratulations Dmitri, Ruggles and Quarry!