Code of Conduct

Thread: Kenzo Power

Default Kenzo Power

Now that it has been out awhile, what are your thoughts? Is this a warm weather or cold weather scent? Do you wear it often? Any compliments?

Default Re: Kenzo Power

I've worn it for about almost 2 weeks straight and it gave me no compliments, first for me.
    It's a good scent, very different but I've never really loved it and traded it away for Gucci PH II. I'd say it could be both a warm and cold weather scent. Cold more along the lines of fall and warm like spring.

For me, it's an anytime scent. Although I don't wear it that often I like it.

Sur la Plage

I am not a fan of it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't own it yet but plan on getting it soon. I have the sample and love it! Personally I think it's good for all year round. As for compliments, my friends Ashley and Heather couldn't stop smelling it. I'm gonna try it out at college and see how it goes over. I'm known as "that guy that knows a lot about cologne".

Blog Entries

Almost all season, but I can't see myself wearing this in the summer. The floral notes are too much in anything hotter than 70-75 degree weather.

I find it very relaxing and peaceful, great for summer days / nights, or a day when you know it will be stressful in the office. However I've found it smells quite similar to Armani's Code pour femme, albeit much more 'green.' And due to the popularity of that, it might explain the lack of compliments / recognition from the general public.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I found it uncomfortably floral at first but grew to love it. It's not a dense frag, so I find it great for all weather.

This is one that grew on me. I would say that it's versatile and can work in all weather if applied in moderation.

I'm weird with my Kenzo Power. It's an all-seasons scent, for sure. But I'll only wear it when it's raining. For whatever reason, it's just perfect on a rainy day. It's a 5 star scent in my book though.
    I refuse to sink.

Good stuff. My bottle will be here in the next couple of days and I can't wait to put it in to my rotation.

It's good but not great. I tend to think of it as Dior Homme light. Works well in the summer months.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Well I won KatiePukrik's Sweetheart contest on Youtube and am getting a free bottle so I can't complain. I'm sure it is quite a good scent for free!

Is it true Kenzo Power is discontinued???????

all season, but works better in warm weather. it is quite unique, with good staying power and projection, also very unisex in my eyes, i like it a lot

Warm weather imo and for some reason it smells a bit too feminine for me to pull off. Smells good though.

Very, very good projection and lasting power. But, yes, it is unisex. Nevertheless I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvus View Post
    Is it true Kenzo Power is discontinued???????
    Yes, for example in Russia it is discontinued.

Trying to find it round here is mission impossible
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

According to KenzoUSA this fragrance is discontinued. It is no longer available on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    According to KenzoUSA this fragrance is discontinued. It is no longer available on their website.
    But appears on http://www.kenzoparfums.com sites.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Thank you guys!
    I hope it's not discontinued. These kind of exotic fragrances are at gunpoints of discontinuation or reformulations. Kenzo Power, Dior Homme, M7 and many more.
    Sometimes I think these gems should be propriety of niche houses!

For what it's worth, Kenzo Power and Kenzo Power Cologne (the latter I'm trying to get my hands on as it gets good reviews by base noters) are not available on the Kenzo U.S. website. This suggests it is discontinued.

Haven't worn it for compliments thus not complimented either, aside from that, a good contemporary scent, quite versatile for any weather, yet I'd recommend it for slightly colder temperatures and predominantly for evening wear.