Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 February

Francesco Smalto Smalto tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

The New Haarlem has been divine all day, still wafting strong. But, I want something different for sleep. All this ELdO talk has me craving the one & only scent from their line I own, Rossy de Palma edp.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Yes Diva has emerged from the depths of her snowy prison...smh

It feels so good to get out of that apt. I am wearing CH by Carolina Herrera. My co-workers were so glad to sniff me lol. Some of them have been trapped here since Monday. There's nothing worse than the emergency community showers when we have bad weather lol. Poor thangs. They are so glad to be going home today.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Kyoto (Series 3: Incense) by Comme des Garcons...

I am starting to realize that it's the myrrh in this, that adds a wonderful soapy-root-beer element to the fragrance, that I love. I usually detest myrrh, but in a few scents (another being Opium by YSL) it's just wonderful.
    Interesting. Mike, I love Kyoto, too, but never thought about the myrrh. Thanks for this observation – I'll pay attention to this next time I wear it.

Eau de New York by Bond No.9
    Gary

Diva, that sounds awful! My DH works at the local hospital. We had a pretty bad snow and ice storm here in Oregon last winter and some of his coworkers needed to use the communal showers. Not him, though, he braved the elements and came home to me!

My congrats, too, to you three winners! I just think it's so great that my completely average lil self gets to be privy to the development of three brand new fumes, and for no other reason than I just happened to stumble upon this fabulous website last Christmas. What a fantastic place, this BN! I hope I get a chance to smell them.

This could have been a remarkably cr*ppy day. When you're so stressed and tired that you start, like, bawling in the shower it is not a good sign of what is to come. I've been really digging Theorema again, but I didn't want to relate it to a possibly remarkably cr*ppy day. So I wore my favorite, which is amazingly impervious to such days. And it didn't turn out so bad, after all.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 12th February 2010 at 02:33 AM.

I feel like I want to say something but I don't know what, so I'll just hug. HUG!

SotD was Institute Tres Bien Cologne a la Russe and SotN is Guerlain L'Heure Bleue extrait.

Congrats Baldufita ! Sounds like the company (organization?) has made an incredible discovery in (finding) you ! I hope it works out well
    Congrats also to Quarry, Ruggles, and Dimitri - so EXCITING!

Well, after a morning in the dentist's chair (how is it possible .. a CAVITY? ME?)...I got back to my office and dabbed on a good bit of Bandit EDP. Tried not to drool from the Novacaine that took over the right side of my mouth.

Now, need a relaxing shower, after which I will plop down into a big fluffy chair in a cloud of Bal a Versailles...perhaps...or maybe I'll organize my sample collection.

Hugs to all ... look forward to Aloha Friday ...
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 12th February 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Wore Montale Oriental Flowers today to go with my monstrous headache. Neither have faded thus far. Quarry, Dimitri, and Ruggles I already PMd y'all but just let me also say in public -- Congrats, Congrats, Congrats to each of you on your winning briefs!

Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

it was a remarkably busy morning at work and spent another afternoon in the Dentist chair. Ome more appointment in two weeks and I'm done!
    Hermes Eau de Merveilles again today.

Late entry today.
    Just a general hug, since I am just getting to the computer and have not read any of today's events.
    Today I wore Mon Precieux Nectar
    Evenstar