Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 11 February

Good morning!

Another day in Etat Libre d'Orange Vierges et Toreros for me. The more I wear this one, the more I like it. This time around I noticed that I love especially the vetiver note and the soft, gentle drydown.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by tigrushka; 11th February 2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: wrong month
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Dependent

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 January

Morning, Ladies!

BOND NO. 9
    Gramercy Park

Basenotes Institution

Mroning everyone - I was in Shalimar but now it's Joy extrait. Have a very good new day and hugs to all basenoters in need of one.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 11 January

Hello all, have a Fantastic Thursday

For me today, a masterpiece created by Monsieur Vincent Robert and Monsieur François Coty in 1924 and so actual

KNIZE TEN

Head Notes
    petit grain, orange, lemon, rosemary and bergamot
    Heart Notes
    cedar, patchouli, sandalwood, rose, iris, carnation, cinnamon and clove,
    Base Notes
    leather, ambergris, musk and oakmoss.
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 11th February 2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Morning all, I'm wearing one of my 'Holy Grail' scents this morning, the wonderful Carnal Flower.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Morning all,

I'm in Christiane Celle's Calypso Thé for the second day in a row. Very pleasant every day scent.

Have a good day everyone!

Cor, time travel!

I've decided spring will come quicker if I wear spring-y scents. Diptyque Philosykos it is.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Frederic Malle Noir Epices. Have a great day everyone!

Top notes are orange, rose and geranium.
    Middle notes are nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and cloves.
    Base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and cedar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The greenness of this little gem is making me long for SPRING!!

Thanks everyone for the warmest and kindest vibes I got yesterday.
    Haunani, I hope Chubby's attitude about "cats" has change, so he can enjoy playing with your and Comdiva's cat up there.

And 30 Roses, hope the situation is getting better? Being at home might speed up his recovery.

Bond No.9 Wall Street for me today.

Insolence! This Maurice Roucel expression is like a spritz of youth! I feel vigorous and lively ~ not to mention downright pretty! Still reeling off the fragrance project news yesterday, Dimitri, Quarry and Ruggles YOU ROCK!

Geeze! Each one of you smells better than the last this ayem! Gramercy Park! Knize Ten! Carnal Flower! Insolence!!

Not to be outdone, am heading for weekly Mah Jongg in VINTAGE...

...(that's Eau Arpege) snagged from Brielle.

THEY. DO. NOT. MAKE. THEM. LIKE. THIS. A-N-Y-MORE. I don't know what it is but there is a depth and richness to these vintages (same is true of my Joy - *waves to MysticKnot*) not present in the recent issues.

This was one of my Mother's faves - and 75 years later still conjures up her bedroom in the evening light with the kidney-shaped dressing table and its ivory backed hand mirror - the shimmering bottles and jars...and this SMELL....)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 11th February 2010 at 12:27 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Patou this morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good morning! SL Daim Blond today.

Wait, wait, it is February, isn't it? Please say that it is. Winter is moving along sooooo slooooowly this year. I had a momentary temporal and seasonal meltdown.

Buried in snow and wearing....

Samsara

Take care, everyone!
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 11th February 2010 at 01:08 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Oh everybody smells wonderful indeed!!!
    I'm in Jicky edp today..it's such a perfect scent:genderfree, good in winter, in summer, for work, for an evening out..someday I'll go for the extrait..

Hello everyone!

The sun's out again, the sky is bright blue and I'm feeling glorious in a cloud of L'Instant de Guerlain - so heavenly.

Y'all have a great day!

Yum, yum, yum Kewart!

I'm in Balmain de Balmain today. Don't wear it often, but when I do, I really enjoy it
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Tommi, I SO know what you mean...SIGH.
    Your memories match mine !

Tigs- you smell wonderful.
    I'm eager to sniff anything regarding Tilda Swinton [ re: yesterday's post !], I admire her so.

You all smell divine
    Evangeline- I adore L'Instant.
    Great in the winter- I imagine , esp. in Wisconsin ;-)

Hugs to RHM, Sof, 3xasif, 30 Roses, all our dear Snifferellas.
    May your sorrows decrease !

Parfum d' Empire's Eau Suave: roses, vineyard peach, raspberry, apricot, pepper, coriander, saffron, Bourbon vanilla and white musk.
    Don't let the notes fool you-
    This one is hardly a syrupy , fruity rose-musk.
    It's tangy, spicy, even arid in the drydown;easily a unisex scent, and elegant as all getout.
    It can give le Labo a good run for its money- without the Ambroxan or Iso-E Super ;-)
    [ I amp up the rose w/ Weleda's Wild Rose Body Oil underneath ]

Woodiness is implied, without the obvious use of synthetics- probably the result of the dry spiciness of coriander and saffron.
    Pepper tends to 'dry' any fragrance, when added to the mix, as well.

I remember choosing this for Angela, on NST, when we met in NYC.
    She hadn't found any roses she liked; at Aedes, we sniffed this, and she came back for it the next day ;-)
    I love when that happens ! Makes my day ;-)

Kisses to you scented seraphim.
    Love you like cheese.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 11th February 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    Tommi, I SO know what you mean...SIGH.
    Your memories match mine !

Tigs- you smell wonderful.
    I'm eager to sniff anything regarding Tilda Swinton [ re: yesterday's post !], I admire her so.

You all smell divine
    Evangeline- I adore L'Instant.
    Great in the winter- I imagine , esp. in Wisconsin ;-)

Hugs to RHM, Sof, 3xasif, 30 Roses, all our dear Snifferellas.
    May your sorrows decrease !

Parfum d' Empire's Eau Suave: roses, vineyard peach, raspberry, apricot, pepper, coriander, saffron, Bourbon vanilla and white musk.
    Don't let the notes fool you-
    This one is hardly a syrupy , fruity rose-musk.
    It's tangy, spicy, even arid in the drydown;easily a unisex scent, and elegant as all getout.
    It can give le Labo a good run for its money- without the Ambroxan or Iso-E Super ;-)
    [ I amp up the rose w/ Weleda's Wild Rose Body Oil underneath ]

Woodiness is implied, without the obvious use of synthetics- probably the result of the dry spiciness of coriander and saffron.
    Pepper tends to 'dry' any fragrance, when added to the mix, as well.

I remember choosing this for Angela, on NST, when we met in NYC.
    She hadn't found any roses she liked; at Aedes, we sniffed this, and she came back for it the next day ;-)
    I love when that happens ! Makes my day ;-)

Kisses to you scented seraphim.
    Love you like cheese.
    Chaya, I just LOVE this one!! I sampled it a couple of weeks ago..and somehow it strongly reminded me of AG Heure Exquise..but with more power..may have to resample...

Basenotes Plus

Everyone does smell good, and that Arpege! OMG!! Taolady, I remember it well. I'm so happy you are enjoying it. Brielle is wonderful.
    Anywho...on to SOTD, wore JOY body cream last night with Santalum, to cut the florals. Today I'll wear, Maurice Roucel's New Haarlem from Bond. It's one of my favorites of his and since I met him...well...it's special. Primary notes are: bergamot, cedarwood, coffee, vanilla, patchouli & lavender. Personally, I think there's a touch of some other floral but it's not enough for me to say "Oh this is_____!". It just makes the scent more rounded.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Congrats to Quarry, Dimitri and Ruggles for having their briefs chosen in the Basenotes Fragrance Project. Bravo to all of you!!

I'm wearing something that feels as cool as winter on me.

Eau d’Italie Sienne l’Hiver

When you look back on the career of all artists you look for that inflection point; the time where they went from being adept to being audacious and imaginative. For me that moment for Bertrand Duchaufour was 2006’s Sienne l’Hiver for Eau d’Italie. This was the fragrance where it felt like he had pulled the best themes of some of his earlier fragrances to create a more magnificent whole. When I wear Sienne l’Hiver I am reminded of previous Duchaufour compositions like Comme des Garcons Series 1, Leaves: Calamus or L’Artisan Piment Brulant, or even L’Artisan Mechant Loup. There are hints form all three of those fragrances within the olfactory tapestry that is Sienne l’Hiver.

Sienne l’Hiver translates as Siena in Winter and it is meant to evoke the Tuscan medieval city. M. Duchaufour does an amazing job of creating the smells of a city on the cusp of fall and winter. From the last vestiges of the greenery through the woodsmoke on the breeze this makes an Italian winter milieu come alive through fragrance.

The top of Sienne l’Hiver begins with a mix of violet and geranium to make an astringent green beginning that has the dual ability of blowing a cool breeze across the opening of this fragrance. On that cool breeze the smell of wood smoke and roasted chestnuts reaches your nose. This is a complex accord as the hearty nuttiness of the chestnuts mixes well with the smoky woodiness and that creates a completely unique accord. The chill returns with that chilliest of florals as an icy iris signals the shift to the base and the return of the winter wind. Along the way there are hints of an olive accord but I find it plays peek-a-boo with my nose and never fully seems to stick and in some ways that makes it more interesting because it is like a note that keeps getting whipped away by the cold winter breeze only to return when the wind has died down.

Sienne l’Hiver has excellent longevity but very little sillage as it is a very close wearing scent. Sienne l’Hiver is a fragrance that is really meant only for the wearer to appreciate.

M. Duchaufour would quickly follow up Sienne l’Hiver with a number of amazing fragrances in the next few years. I love Sienne l’Hiver because it is at this moment where M. Duchaufour reaches escape velocity and becomes one of the best noses out there on a consistent basis.

Have a Tremendous Thursday everyone.

Anne Pliska EDP for a freezing cold and sunny day here in London.

I am wearing Vanilia today, but now at work I am yearning for amber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    Wait, wait, it is February, isn't it? Please say that it is.
    It is indeed. Sorry, I was a bit blurry this morning, will fix it in a minute.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 February

Acqua Di Parma Profumo

The spirit of Italy.

Just nipping back in to say WOW!!!

I just went for a quick run around the shops at lunch, and found myself drawn to a bottle of Dolce Vita. Haven't smelt this in 15 years; always pooh-poohed its sweetness. Now, I heard this stuff was discontinued, so I thought I'd pay it a final visit. It's gorgeous! Yes, it's sweet, and just a little too sweet for me to be honest, but it has a glorious skanky note at the base of it which is just delightful! Am wondering now if this is old, somewhat 'over-ripe' stock ... I see no mention of, say, cumin on the notes pyramid on its page.

Nice!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Congrats to Quarry, Dimitri and Ruggles for having their briefs chosen in the Basenotes Fragrance Project. Bravo to all of you!!
    Yes - absolutely!! Congratulations and enjoy! This is huge, and y'all deserve to have quite a fuss made about it, so I sure hope you're celebrating your success in the real world!

Wow, Kumquat. Just want to step through that window!

I'm scooting off to work. SotD is the end of my Gris Clair sample. I really really really like this one!

Euphoria

Wow, Kumquat, I want to be in that picture. Maybe I should try some Profumo!!!!!! Now!!!!!

Blog Entries

Cool! I'm glad you like it. I hope you can try the perfume as well. I do hope to inspire you when I run across some of these photos. I'm so glad you enjoy them.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A sunny morning here, and I've already shoveled the snow-- wearing L'A Fleur d'Oranger. Post-shower now I'm in Muguet des Bois! Not even 11 am and already a 2-scent day.

Thank you to all who have expressed concern about my dad-- he is scheduled to go home today. Having survived this far he is much more likely to recover further. His return home will alleviate the strain on my mom as well. Because we don't have to travel to Florida urgently, we can instead plan a more leisurely visit during the summer.

We have my SIL's mom's wake to go to this afternoon and then we can relax a bit.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Grafton (1983)
    by Truefitt & Hill

Top Notes: Citrus, Lemon, Galbanum.
    Middle Notes: Tarragon, Lavender.
    Base Notes: Incense.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the congrats, cats. Of course, Quarry rocks. I'm truly stoked. And to be sandwiched between Dimi and Ruggles ain't a bad place to be under any circumstances.

For no logical reason I spritzed with Mentafolia just now before heading out the door for a day of errands.

Behave yourselves now!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Kyoto (Series 3: Incense) by Comme des Garcons

I am starting to realize that it's the myrrh in this, that adds a wonderful soapy-root-beer element to the fragrance, that I love. I usually detest myrrh, but in a few scents (another being Opium by YSL) it's just wonderful.

Obsession

Today, again, it's the Amouage Lyric Woman that Kumquat sold to me. Kumquat - your bottle found a home where it will be well-loved. For better or worse I've been wearing it to work a lot lately.

Kumquat, that is one gorgeous photo. It's like a John Ford shot. Absolutely mesmerizing.

Wearing Chanel No 19. Sleet is falling; we're supposed to get sneaux tonight.

Coco EDP (Chanel)

Basenotes Plus

Congrats to Quarry, Dimitri and Ruggles, well done!
    30 Roses, very glad to know your dad is scheduled to go home today. Continued good wishes for his well-being. I'm sorry about your SIL's mother.

Bois d'Armenie. I love this fragrance, so soothing and contemplative -- and it got me an enthusiastic "You smell delicious!", too!

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

The lovely Chanel No. 5 today.

Sweet and delicious: Ava Luxe's Crème Brûlée for me today...

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Acqua Di Parma Profumo

The spirit of Italy.
    What a great picture, fabulous perfume!

Lyric Woman for this morning. Went to bed in OJ Ta'if. Also had a wearing of Mazzolari Vetyver yesterday. (My second fabulous sample from Kumquat!).

Bravissimo to Quarry, Dimitri and Ruggles!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

AM: Twill Rose
    PM: Dia by Amouage

SotD: PG 18 Cadjmere
    SotE: Amouage Homage

Hello everybody I just had time to read yesterday's sotd thread properly. i'm sorry to hear about your dog Jasper! Hope you feel better soon!

Inees, you're a brave girl, to meet up w/ old loves !

Well, Chaya,it took me quite some time to get over this one,and my last trip to S.A was mainly to prove to him that I could go without being dependent on him:P ( he didn't want me coming over) Now all is changed at least..But it's been almost ten years... Today has been one of those crazy busy days where I dunno what to do first. In those cases I often end up doing none of the things I should do... Well, been to class today. We had an interesting lesson about Culture and awareness. I need to do about a page writing of an essay,but would rather hang out with the Capetownians! Sotd is Shalimar...second day in a row. Very rare for me! SotE is AL Moss de Chene,that arrived in the mail today.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 11th February 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Eva Pasco

Greetings!

Today I dabbed Terranova Gardenia perfume oil.

May imperfections evolve into viable alternatives today...

Etat Libre d'Orange Divin' Enfant in the memory of fashion enfant terrible Alexander McQueen. R.I.P.

I went perfume-free yesterday for a change. I enjoyed all the other smells around me, though. Divatologist did a post about that once, going perfume free and noticing all the environmental fragrances around her. I did the same thing.

Today I'm wearing a post-shower body lotion & spray by Ann Taylor in Peach Honey & Sheer Musk, which I rediscovered in the bathroom cabinet. I smell like peach tea & fuzzy white musk. It's very pleasant and as much fragrance as I'm in the mood for at the moment.

SotE is Ava Luxe's Bois de Figue... It's like smelling directly the core of a fig tree... Very pleasant...

Scary job interview today, coupled with a horrible morning. Am wearing the beautiful Kama by Farmacia Annunziata :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Oh, I forgot to mention it was my first day of work after four years!!! Yay, me!!! It's a volunteering job, but what the heck! I still brought work home and finished it... And this was on my first day... Oh, dear...

Congratulations Quarry, Dimitri and Ruggles!

This was a very busy week for me... I had no time to read properly all your posts...

Kumquat, I love this picture!!

I am wearing Chêne, today.
    I choose woody scents often, maybe because of the cold weather.

Hugs!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Serge Lutens MKK today.

Big congrats go out to Quarry, Dimitri, and Ruggles!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Shalimar.

Poor lovethescents !
    HUGS.

Kudos, you winners , you- Dimi, Ruggles, Quarry-lou ;-)

Inees- are you IN LOVE w/ your Mousse de Chine ?
    I think it's just brilliant- be sure to nuzzle yourself;-)

I switched to ultra-luxe Venezia for a workout-
    Then M de Molinard.

Homemade chili smells divine.

Good night, y'all....

Hugs to all those who need them. And congrats to Quarry, Dimitri & Ruggles for their winning briefs!

I have a cold, so I was going to go scent-free, but I decided to spray some Kingdom in memory of Alexander McQueen (poor man).
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Halston Z-14

Dry chypre goodness.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Congrats to Baldufita on the job!

Hugs to anyone who would have them.

Today for work I wore:

For the evening, I'm switching to:

Between Tigrushka and I, we're going to make ELDO weirdly over-represented in this week's totals, I think...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??