Code of Conduct

Question How to unscrew the cap on a Creed Flacon?

Hey guys....

I am tried rotating the cap anti clockwise but the thing does not move.
    Is there any particular procedure I need to follow to be able to open this?

Thanks

Default Re: How to unscrew the cap on a Creed Flacon?

My flacons have ground glass stoppers not screw caps.

Try 'rocking' the stopper by pushing upward on one side and then the opposite side. Keep doing this until the stopper budges. This is what has worked for me in the past.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    My flacons have ground glass stoppers not screw caps.

Try 'rocking' the stopper by pushing upward on one side and then the opposite side. Keep doing this until the stopper budges. This is what has worked for me in the past.
    Thanks for your advice Tworoads.

I think this stopper is made of glass too and is not really a screw top (it's without a thread).
    I'd give it a shot in the morning. For now, I've put it in the refrigerator thinking that it might ease up things a bit.

I had this problem with my Bois De Santal Flacon.
    I thought i was going to break it trying to twist it out.
    I couldn't get it out by hand, so I got one of those rubber pads, no luck.
    I was putting a huge amount of pressure pulling up on it,
    trying to twist clockwise, then counter, with no avail.
    I tried scraping into the crevice between with a pick, nothing there.
    I finally tilted the entire flacon upside down, in hope that a little of the juice could work itself into the tight fit between the neck and stopper. I then put lighter pressure pulling up on the stopper, and twisted more lightly counter-clockwise, and held that light pull for a good 15seconds, before the stopper finally budged a tiny bit.
    I'm not sure if it was sustained, lighter upward/counter-clockwise pressure....
    ....or just all that I did cumulatively...
    ...but i felt so relieved when I did get it open without breaking it.
    I was genuinely worried for that 15 minutes, thinking I had a default factice. LOL

Hey Gupts! I remember reading a post about this a while back and the solution was establishing a temperature difference between the flacon and the stopper, causing the bottle to expand a little and the stopper to shrink a little. something along the lines of gently warming the flacon and putting ice (frozen peas or something) around the stopper.

Good luck! As we both know, I have a very personal interest in this!

With stuck glass stopper - use something to tap it - with cloth or something soft wrapped around it... tapping the stopper makes it go loose and you'll be able to open the bottle. Just keep on tapping!

^^^ As Billy Madison says, "Just tap it, tappa tappa tappa"
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I had a tough time with my flacon today. But finally got it. Key it to have the flacon on solid ground or a stable surface when you tap it.

Care must always be taken when opening these IMO.

...throw the bottle as hard as you can against a ferro-concrete wall: the knife will cut both ways: a. you've got the cap, and b. you got rid of a mediocre product...!

This method also works for Dutch people that have views like a stuck record. To get rid of the mess on the wall afterwards you can wash it away with a common acid like Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise for Men.

To mop up the liquid simply use Toilet Roll/Luca Turin books (they are the same product)