Code of Conduct

Default ? about original vetivers soapiness

I enjoy this scent. i especially enjoy the top notes of this fragrance very much, but half the time I wear this fragrance a rather stale, musty soapiness comes out. One reminiscent of a soap that you might remember your grandparents having. Does anyone else get that? Just a not, my OV is 100% legit and was bought at Neiman Marcus. It is the 2.5 oz and was about $270 bucks. Is this normal of this scent? I just can't seem to wear it without being self conscious that I may smell like, well old.

Default Re: ? about original vetivers soapiness

Personally don't get that soapiness you mention, but perhaps it's the iris note that is giving you that soapiness - just a hunch.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

While the citrusy top of OV reminds me of Lemon Pledge or Citronella, I can't say I've ever gotten a soapy vibe from it.

Agree with you. OV smells very soapy to me. Not old, I must say - this must probably be some association you had - but very soapy nonetheless. It doesn't smell much like vetiver to me.

So it's certainly a legitimate bottle. Given Creed's quality variation, it's possible that it's a batch where the soapiness is stronger.

cacio

Perhaps saying old was not the right word but maybe kind of an expensive hotel soap or something like that. Thanks for the answers guys. Anyone else smell the super strong soap? Btw, my wife asked me why it smells like old womans perfume as I sprayed it on this morning. That certainly doesn't help. I wanted to kick her out of the house!

I always thought it smelled like a better version of Mugler Cologne. Which was inspired by a soap, according to the press. So maybe by a degree of separation it was meant to smell somewhat soapy?

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    I always thought it smelled like a better version of Mugler Cologne. Which was inspired by a soap, according to the press. So maybe by a degree of separation it was meant to smell somewhat soapy?
    Ya I suppose. Don't gt me wrong, I actually do enjoy the soapiness. But the tester i tried was very citrusy with a very light soapiness and the bottle i took home was the opposite..lol..Perhaps as it evolves and the natural fruit oils ferment more it will be like the tester.. btw, the tester was near its end.. So who knows... I just thought it would be a bit more citrusy and young sporty rather than soapy and old and stuffy. So far I am having bad luck with two creeds that I bought being different from the testers which I absolutely loved. I'm inexperienced with creed so this could be how they evolve since they are more natural than most of my collection which consists of mostly designer frags.

I too agree with the soapiness... your description of this as reminding you of an expensive hotel soap is exactly how I feel about it. This is the reason I don't own a bottle of OV even though it smells pleasant enough.