Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No!-vember

Default No!-vember

I enjoyed the Stobtober-thread and as we all (from time to time) need some help from others to stop buying... well, this is the NO!-VEMBER-thread. I guess we don't always succeed in our promises not to buy but, let's share our experiences.

I survived Stobtober... will I survive NO!-VEMBER? I'm planning not to buy anymore till 2015.

Wish me luck!

Default Re: No!-vember

*waits for Desist-ember*

I only got pure malt in October, I don't have any plans on getting anything else till I'm done college now.

For me, the outlook for November will be like October - normal purchasing.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Stoptober was a disaster

I am in for No-vember but only until 27th as I am going on holiday and plan to buy everything I see but until then, I am in

More like sellvember for me.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Coach - Leatherware #1

***For Sale*** - Hermes Bel Ami / Polo Crest / Aigner Suede / Encre Noire Sport / MIP EDP / CSP Vanille Mokha & Samples - Updated 03/30
    Wanted: None

Basenotes Plus

I told myself I was going to stop this month but I bought 7 bottles this month, BUUUT I got rid of some stuff to so its okay, lol! I am really not going to purchase anything in November though!!!!

I'd never survive, I'm already screwed,

But good luck OP

Ban-uary lol

I failed horribly for Stopober. I don't stand a chance for November.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD

Sign me up.

I predict that Cyber Thursday will be the downfall of many us.

I wasn't taking part in stoptober but I bought more than I have in a long time so it is definitely No-vember and Desistember for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I wasn't taking part in stoptober but I bought more than I have in a long time so it is definitely No-vember and Desistember for me.
    Just wait for Fib-ruary, when all of you addicts start lying about not buying bottles :P.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxerxes View Post
    just wait for fib-ruary, when all of you addicts start lying about not buying bottles .
    lol

This last month I have spent less on fragrance than in any month since getting into this hobby - by far. Not sure what November holds, but there are quite a few things I have my eye on, so I am not counting on another low month.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    7. Armani Priv - Oud Royal
    8. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. Brckner - Aoud 1

I think I should join your in No----vember! I also anticipate DECIDEagainstember! I did pretty badly in Stoptober! But, I did sell lots of stuff, so that is something.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

I reckon on doing well this month, but the arrival of overstock at discounters in time for the holidays may do me in.

Good luck. Trying to hold out until December.

None so far during October. With over 300 bottles it isn't a matter of will, rather of common sense.

Still Jersey and Eau de Cologne are in my list, but far away from today. And a 1l bottle of vintage Monsieur de Givenchy. And a 100 ml bottle of Signor Ricci 2. And a 100ml of Charles Jourdan. And on and on and on...

Last edited by Pollux; 1st November 2014 at 12:00 AM.

I bought nothing in stoptober. No!vember will be easy.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I will purchase a couple in No-vember... Not looking to add a large amount to my collection the rest of this year!!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I will purchase a couple in No-vember... Not looking to add a large amount to my collection the rest of this year!!!
    This is me. Will I buy? Yes. But I'll try my best to be sensible.

I'll try!

I'm in. I'm involved in a couple splits that haven't filled yet, and I'll probably buy some bottles for Christmas presents, but other than that, none for me thanks.

How is everybody doing?

I've done well so far - sometime in early Oct I made my last purchase, a vtg Chanel Egoiste splash version (what a lovely fragrance!!!) - since then nothing bought...Was thinking to stop till Nov, but might push myself until Jan 1 2015 b4 making any new purchases...

Vetiver Extraordinaire might be one of the first I'll buy, along with few vintages - in all under 500 is my hope...Then another hiatus till my bonus in mid April 2015 - now let's see if I'm able to keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I've done well so far - sometime in early Oct I made my last purchase, a vtg Chanel Egoiste splash version (what a lovely fragrance!!!) - since then nothing bought...Was thinking to stop till Nov, but might push myself until Jan 1 2015 b4 making any new purchases...

Vetiver Extraordinaire might be one of the first I'll buy, along with few vintages - in all under 500 is my hope...Then another hiatus till my bonus in mid April 2015 - now let's see if I'm able to keep that up.
    I sampled a bunch of vetiver-based fragrances and this one is at the top of my to buy list too.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    I sampled a bunch of vetiver-based fragrances and this one is at the top of my to buy list too.
    Agree - I have sampled this too many times & it was love from first sniff...With the Malle house having been bought by another corporation, I thought it was time to pull the trigger & buy this b4 it gets reformulated. My official sample is amazingly strong for a vetiver - lasts 20+ hrs - wonder how the current issue is with rgds to longevity / projection...

How is everybody doing?
    Doing well.

I made one purchase yesterday: A Lab on Fire's new Paris*L.A.

But I've been waiting on that one (it wasn't impulsive) and I purchased it with money I made from other bottles I've sold off this month.

Other than that, I have no plans to buy anything else and don't think I will.

I've only got another 5-9 FB purchases to make before I'm taking a looooong hiatus from bottle purchases. The circle shall be complete as far as I'm concerned.
    I shall still indulge in splits here and there (let's not talk about splits costing as much as bottles, and certainly not mention oud oils and attars) but I'm soooo close to having my 'holy grail' collection.
    So I'm in with No!-vember provided I don't spot any bargains for what's on my list
    What I'd like to try

Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian B2B, Incense Oud, Pure Oud/MFK Pluriel/Ensar Oud/AgarAura Oud

My UK Swapsies!

Need some Roja help: Need a Roja cap, any one (gave away my Fetish cap)
    Also my Harrods Oud bottle needs a cap
    Muchas gracias

It's still early, but very little temptation so far.

What a great idea. I've signed up for one split, but other than that, I'm in.
    Let the beauty we love, be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground. -Rumi

I only bought a few dacants last month, but I did purchase some additional decants a few hours ago. Once I get them in the mail, I will see on whether or not I will buy any full bottles. I'm sure there will be some good deals coming up in December for the holidays, so I will probably wait for those to come around....unless there are even better Black Friday deals.

I enjoyed the Stobtober-thread and as we all (from time to time) need some help from others to stop buying... well, this is the NO!-VEMBER-thread. I guess we don't always succeed in our promises not to buy but, let's share our experiences.

I survived Stobtober... will I survive NO!-VEMBER? I'm planning not to buy anymore till 2015.

Wish me luck!
    Good luck. I guess you need it.

Too bad - just bought vtg Monsieur Lanvin for a good price - couldn't resist, as it was @ 1/2 the regular price...Anyways, hopefully no more till Jan 1, 2015

Nobody likes a quitter.

I'm sticking to it. I did buy some oud wood chips the other day, but no fragrances as of yet!

Too bad - just bought vtg Monsieur Lanvin for a good price - couldn't resist, as it was @ 1/2 the regular price...Anyways, hopefully no more till Jan 1, 2015
    Just a minor hiccup. Now you're back on track!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I must admit October and Novenber went a little crazy on the purchases. I got about 12 bottles. I told my wife not to buy me anything for Christmas. Still have another 3 bottles coming in the mail! Wish me luck!

No-vember will be very expensive for me.. Contemplating virgin island water and aventus. Ouch

All the best with attaining your purpose successfully, however without renouncing to purchase a few favorites when the right time will eventually come (from 2015 onwards or so).

For me personally, this month will not be entirely purchase-free, simply for deciding to expand my modest collection with 1-2 affordable, quite easily available designer ambers.

this thread has arrived...much ..too late!
    "We are not old men and we're not worried about petty morals." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    I started it in Stoptober...

Basenotes Plus

I behaved well in October but would like to misbehave in November and December since it's the holiday season ( uhum ) and already bought a few scents.

Good luck guys!

I've been looking forever for this kind of thread on basenotes!

Yes, count me in! Although I bought something on the 5th of November (obviously before seeing this thread)! Maybe I could extend the no-buy into December?

I had no purchasing plans, but Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe is seriously tempting me...

Help me fellow Basenoters...

Basenotes Plus

This,

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    MDCLX Current Top XX:
    01 - Bel Ami (Vintage)
    02 - Davidof (1984)
    03 - Revillon PH
    04 - Paco Rabanne PH (Vintage)
    05 - Giorgio V.I.P.
    06 - Salvador Dali PH
    07 - Equipage (Vintage)
    08 - Zino Davidoff (Vintage)
    09 - Gucci PH (1976)
    10 - Gucci Nobile
    11 - Ungaro III (Vintage)
    12 - Francesco Smalto PH
    13 - Monsieur Givenchy (Vintage)
    14 - Givenchy Gentleman (Vintage)
    15 - Balenciaga PH
    16 - Lapidus PH
    17 - Kouros (Vintage)
    18 - Gucci PH (2003)
    19 - Kouros Fraicheur
    20 - Shiseido Basala

to me.. is Bingember!

I had no purchasing plans, but Cafe Noir by Ava Luxe is seriously tempting me...

Help me fellow Basenoters...
    Nope. Too late. Cafe Noir EDP by Ava Luxe ordered. Who was I kidding? This was never going to work in the lead up to Xmas.
    Might try again in Banuary or whatever we are going to call January

I purchased 6 creeds this month. Will not buy anything for 2 yrs, maybe spicebomb, pure cofee, or 2 empty burberry bottles I need to replace.

Nope. Too late. Cafe Noir EDP by Ava Luxe ordered. Who was I kidding?
    LOL!

How is everybody doing?
    I failed.

Bought two bottles of Dior Homme Parfum in a airport duty free. And then took advantage of the Bond No. 9 refill event by buying Harrods and I<3NY to receive New Haarlem.

Also wanted to grab back up bottles of Tea for Two, but it's no longer available on the L'Artisan website.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD

Well, I'm out. I was purchasing some fragrances for Xmas gifts and couldn't help but add a bottle of Rochas Moustache to my cart. It's Movember and I have a wicked stache going, plus, it was cheap and discontinued. Was unavoidable!

Good luck to everyone else!

The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
    Oscar Wilde

I almost caved in. My credit card is quivering in my wallet, but so far I am good. But if I were to find a nice incence scent I loved I have a feeling I would be in trouble.

Wondering if I can hold out until Fib-ruary. Time will tell, but I won't!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Guys I let you all down.

I ordered MDCI Invasion Barbare, Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and Heeley Vetiver Veritas.

Guys I let you all down.

I ordered MDCI Invasion Barbare, Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and Heeley Vetiver Veritas.
    Haha....WHOA!

You really went all out, eh?

At least you got some great stuff... ;0

I caved this month too. Buying Paris*L.A., Ambra Mediterranea, and a backup of Royal Oud.

Enjoy your new scents!

If one has money and needs some fragrance(s) I can't see why not to buy?
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Doing good so far.
    Dumped 3 bottles, bought none.
    I did however expand the amount of Gucci Pour Homme 2003 I have.
    $60 for 80ml. Making a 110ml decant out of samples. Cant wait to ramp my total up to 190ml on this one, cheap (relatively).
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Coach - Leatherware #1

***For Sale*** - Hermes Bel Ami / Polo Crest / Aigner Suede / Encre Noire Sport / MIP EDP / CSP Vanille Mokha & Samples - Updated 03/30
    Wanted: None