Code of Conduct

Default Cartier enter niche market with Les Heures du Parfum

In case you hadnt heard Cartier have their eyes on your wallets.

They will be launching a niche line of 13 offerings called Les Heures du Parfum (the hours of perfume?) One for each hour of the day plus a "lucky 13" in honor of the number of the maison Cartier's first address at 13 Rue de la Paix in Paris.

Five will debut this year, and then two every year after. The new number one scent is called L'Heure Promise, or "the promised hour," and is representative of the beginning of new things, while the twelfth is called L'Heure Mystérieuse, or "the mysterious hour." All 13 will be created by in house nose Mathilde Laurent.

I've saved the best for last. They are expected to retail $255 for 75ml

Default Re: Cartier enter niche market with Les Heures du Parfum

Thanks for the information, Futami!!

Unfortunately every time I go to the Cartier boutiques I'm drawn to those "Tank" watches. Always wanted one of those, but gotta be careful of those eyes on my wallet at these places!

$255 for 75 ml.. I sure hope they are Eau de Parfum!

Although its a bit early to tell. It looks like some will be EDT while others will be EDP.

http://www.stylecaster.com/news/2700...tennial-scents

they sound amazing.. very expensive though.
    unico grande amore.

I so trust Miss Laurent, these are going to be GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post

That picture.. haha.. Can't I get an autographed one?
    unico grande amore.

Cartier has more rights than some other brands to make a bling-bling selective line

And I believe that Shalimar Light was made by Mathilde Laurent, wasn`t it?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post

Mmmm... I hope they smell as good as she looks...

Woof, woof!

Sur la Plage

Default Cartier - Les Heures de Parfum

I was talking to the Cartier rep at Saks, and she told me that a new line of Cartier fragrances was being launched in October in select Saks stores.

Here is some more information from Fragrantica:

The house of Cartier celebrates 100 years of their existence with an amazing unisex collection Les Heures de Parfum. Luxurious editions are fragrant references of Cartier's tradition inspired by moments in time – those that make life what it is.

Unisex quintet Les Heures de Parfum features engraved Roman numbers and appears in luxurious, red outer carton – typical and characteristic of Cartier. Golden details on their flacons and carton insinuate that highest quality ingredients were used in perfume compositions. The first five out of thirteen announced perfumes were created in collaboration with perfumer of the house of Mathilde Laurent. The numbers that mark the perfumes are not lined in chronological order (I, IV, X, XII and XIII) and they were presented as the first fragrant moments in time. XIII is a very important number for Cartier, since their boutique in Paris is situated at the 13 Rue de la Paix, Paris, and presents the historical moment in time important for Cartier brand.

L`Heure Promise I is the moment when everything begins! It is a blend of petit grain, fresh herbs, iris, sandalwood and musk. L`Heure Brilliant IV stands for a moment of love, gentleness, smile and freedom brought by linen seed, lemon, gin and aldehydic notes. L`Heure Folle X is a cheeky moment of nature presented by aromas of fruit enriched with carats – as Mathilde Laurent states; it incorporates red currant, pink pepper, grenadine, blueberry and black currant accompanied by a breeze of ivy, violet, boxwood, shiso and aldehydes.

L`Heure Mysterieuse XII is a very sensual and personal moment which will intoxicate you with aromas of jasmine, patchouli, coriander, elemi, incense and nutmeg. La Treizieme Heure XIII is the final fragrance of the collection – a dangerous and incredibly seductive moment! It incorporates notes of leather, mate, birch, bergamot, patchouli and vanilla.

L`Heure Promise, L`Heure Brilliant and L`Heure Folle are eau de toilette; while L`Heure Mystérieuse and La Treizième Heure are eau de parfum. The fragrances of the Les Heures de Parfum collection are sold separately in 75 ml flacons for 250 dollars.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Cartier - Les Heures de Parfum

Interesting stuff!! Thanks!!

When in the name of heaven did these companies decide the new level of entry for a nice fragrance was $200 plus...

I was so intrigued by two of the scents, well i was until i realized the two bottles would cost $500 for the both; that is just craziness.

Too bad.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I think it's marketing at work, those outrageous price tags.

Put a high price on anything and people will think it's *something.* I have some very cheap scents and some that are pricey...and price alone does not dictate quality, IMHO.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    When in the name of heaven did these companies decide the new level of entry for a nice fragrance was $200 plus...

I was so intrigued by two of the scents, well i was until i realized the two bottles would cost $500 for the both; that is just craziness.

Too bad.
    Yeah, the SA "failed" to mention the price to me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Friggin high prices. Ridiculous.

Default Cartier Les Heures du Parfum

A friend of mine just tried a bunch of these at Saks which just came in today. Apparently the bottles are gorgeous, heavy glass with a roman numeral engraved in them.

The two highlights for him - a very heavy incense one which has incredible potency, and a leather/patchouli. I wish I had more details at this time.. Sounds like Cartier is stepping up to contend with the big boys now.

Default Re: Cartier Les Heures du Parfum

Any idea of the ounces per bottle and the price?

I'm very excited to try these. I guess I trip down to Saks is in order. I found this note info on the web.

L`Heure Promise I is the moment when everything begins!
    It is a blend of petit grain, fresh herbs, iris, sandalwood and musk.

L`Heure Brilliant IV stands for a moment of love, gentleness, smile and freedom brought by linen seed, lemon, gin and aldehydic notes.

L`Heure Folle X is a cheeky moment of nature presented by aromas of fruit enriched with carats – as Mathilde Laurent states; it incorporates red currant, pink pepper, grenadine, blueberry and black currant accompanied by a breeze of ivy, violet, boxwood, shiso and aldehydes.

L`Heure Mysterieuse XII is a very sensual and personal moment which will intoxicate you with aromas of jasmine, patchouli, coriander, elemi, incense and nutmeg.

La Treizieme Heure XIII is the final fragrance of the collection – a dangerous and incredibly seductive moment! It incorporates notes of leather, mate, birch, bergamot, patchouli and vanilla.

75ml at $255

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    75ml at $255
    They have to be SDV-good to be worth it at these prices

But they do sound gorgeous

These prices are just becoming outrageous, especially when we know how much they really cost to produce. But i guess a high price tag = luxury and exclusiveness, regardless if the scent is pennies on the dollar to produce.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    These prices are just becoming outrageous, especially when we know how much they really cost to produce. But i guess a high price tag = luxury and exclusiveness, regardless if the scent is pennies on the dollar to produce.
    Agreed. However, I suppose the market can bear such a price as more and more of these "premium" fragrances are being released.

On the one hand, I am thrilled every time Cartier releases a new fragrance, I mean just look at my name lol.

On the other hand this pricing is obscene, and almost justifies the markup I'll pay for a 5ml sample from Theperfumedcourt because there is no way in hell I'm dropping close to 300 (after tax) for a little over 2 oz of juice. I don't care if it's magic jesus sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartierfan View Post
    On the one hand, I am thrilled every time Cartier releases a new fragrance, I mean just look at my name lol.

On the other hand this pricing is obscene, and almost justifies the markup I'll pay for a 5ml sample from Theperfumedcourt because there is no way in hell I'm dropping close to 300 (after tax) for a little over 2 oz of juice. I don't care if it's magic jesus sweat.
    Amen to that.

Sur la Plage

So I tried these at Saks yesterday. I thought they were all "nice", but none really blew me away - not anything I would spend $250 on for 75ml.

The two that I thought were the best were X (berries - unique and not overly sweet) and XIII (leather - reminded me of a lighter Cuir Pleine Fleur).

When I sampled these at Saks last week the SA wanted me to pre-order but also neglectedd to mention the price. They must realize most people are going to balk. The incense fragrance was very strong: it lasted through a shower. Cartier, on the whole not known for its exceptional fragrances, is probably seeing all these other houses release niche-type lines (Hermessence, L'Art et la Matiere, etc.) so they want in. Problem is the fragrances don't command those prices. The bottles and packaging were excellent...but really so what?

In spite of the high prices, I guess I'm at least one of the one willing to sample, if not even to purchase some of them once released. There's simply that certain something about the whole Cartier concept and Cartier image (doubled by some truly stunning frags)!

I tried them at Saks the other day, and--sadly--I totally fell in love with L`Heure Promise I. It's the perfect iris: not as harsh as that vicious queen, Luten's ISM, nor as delicate as Kilian's Prelude.. just right! The only problem--other than the price tag--is lack of longevity..

I got to sample most of this line at Saks recently and I have to agre with the previous posters. They are very nice but nothing moved me enough to pull out the wallet. Well I did like the iris one quite a bit, It has a great transparent iris note. But since I already own ISM and Prelude to Love I'm pretty much set for iris fragrances right now. Although I can totally see having it in my wardrobe if I came across a bottle at a discount. I was there to sample other stuff (Bond signature and Pure Oud) so I didn't skin test any of them. I'll probably make my way back there and spray myself down real soon. I think I need a second job just for fragrance money.

I`ve managed to get a special perfume set made by Cartier.
    Red carton box, with booklet (girls photos are great!) and all scents in 5 ml bottle-atomizers.
    Looks great and expensive!

I felt in love with L`Heure Brilliant IV (which is green sparkling cologne: green lime and green figue leaves) and La Treizieme Heure XIII (which is smoky flower, I better describe it as LeLabo Patchouli 24 accord (patchouli, birchtar, benjoin) made elegantly and easy to wear with narcissus absolute).

L`Heure Promise I is really good iris, but Iso E Super made me feel disappointed a bit.
    L`Heure Folle X - which is exclusive for USA for 10-12 months - is not for me. I just hate those fruit accords, while appreciate its beauty and femiminity. At least it`s better than usual fruity-berry gourmand feminines - as it`s fresh tart green.

L`Heure Mysterieuse XII is about incenses and made by light hand. Hymalayan temple, seldom visited. Fresh and transparent air.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has tried this. I like Roadster, Delices and Baiser du Dragon, but am interested in seeing more opinions.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Have these disappeared already? I've never seen them anywhere...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has tried this. I like Roadster, Delices and Baiser du Dragon, but am interested in seeing more opinions.
    I've taken large decants of La Treizieme Heure XIII twice now. For my money it's a work of art. It isn't something I personally can wear but I know of two separate women it is absolutely amazing on. It is certainly worth a test just to experience it.

I don't get ANY of the Patchouli 24 reference but the leather & narcissus absolute - YES.

I eventually went back and got a decent sample of the iris one. The top notes are awesome but after 20 mins the iris is gone nada zilch. All that's left for me was a boring hollow woods. Someone mentioned that there's loads of iso e super in there as well. I spring for a FB if the iris note stuck around for longer.

The XII hour was the most interesting one to me but like SoGent I cannot wear it. It's also the strongest I think.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Have these disappeared already? I've never seen them anywhere...
    Ditto

Futami: where did you see them in Miami? I checked at the Cartier boutique in Bal Harbour and they didn't have them. ((confused))

Sur la Plage

I was told selected Saks stores had them - Tampa being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ditto

Futami: where did you see them in Miami? I checked at the Cartier boutique in Bal Harbour and they didn't have them. ((confused))
    Mke: They have them at the Dadeland Saks. You let me know when ever you want to go check them out. I'll drive Im up for a outing.

Sur la Plage

The Saks SA told me they were getting a new one for fall - they didn't have further details.

I like the "clock face" bottles, but I am saving up for other new releases.

I must say I'm rather intrigued by XII and XIII, but like others, I'm priced out of the game unless it's holy grail material.

I wonder how these are selling. When I went to try them my regular SA wasnt there, the Cartier SA let me test them at the counter but I was not offered samples and I didn't ask. On a later visit to the store when I saw my regular SA they informed me that Cartier has a no sample policy. Since Im usually there a while I was made and given a generous sample when the Cartier SA wasnt looking. :P

So I guess Cartier are basically depending on impulse purchases at an extremely limited number of counters/doors worldwide.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I wonder how these are selling. When I went to try them my regular SA wasnt there, the Cartier SA let me test them at the counter but I was not offered samples and I didn't ask. On a later visit to the store when I saw my regular SA they informed me that Cartier has a no sample policy. Since Im usually there a while I was made and given a generous sample when the Cartier SA wasnt looking. :P

So I guess Cartier are basically depending on impulse purchases at an extremely limited number of counters/doors worldwide.
    Typical SA bulls*it.

Whatev'

Cartier is not launching one, but three new fragrances on their les heures du parfum line. They are planned for being launched in November. I have a friend who works in a fragrance shop in Belgium, and he told me that he tried the three new ones. He hadn't give me full details, although he told me:
    1) One of the launches will be focused on Lichie and Rose. He wasn't so excited about this one.
    2) One of the launches is a chypre with a aura that, according him, would be perfect for a vintage hermés fragrance. He describe me this one as: "Leather, chypre, a note animal and "pur sang" meaning like virile and passionate. You smell the horse, its saddle , the barn, the hay, the fresh air while riding the horse, the whole horse riding "
    3) A gourmand entry for the line. It seems that it's a fragrance focused on cacao at the opening. He told me "the start is pure cacao that changes into earthy soft delicate and playful"
    Hope that we have more details soon!

Has anyone tried any of these???? I want to know the best of this line????
    Im the be$t @ thi$

There hasn't been much buzz about these. I'd check out #12 (incense) and #13 (leather). The iris one was nice but too fleeting.

Also the prices don't shock me as much as they did originally. I think I can thank Xerjoff for that. Even so I haven't been moved enough to buy one.

I have 9 of them in my collection. My favorites are: LA TREIZIÈME HEURE XIII & L'HEURE FOUGUEUSE IV

L'Heure Fougueuese is my favourite so far. Yerbamate base which has a nice hay feel but there's way more to it than that. I went thru a bottle last summer,

L'Heure Defendue is a one for fans of the Borneo approach to patchouli - dark cacao, patchouli, cashmeran.

La Treizieme Heure is also great, it is conceived around the idea of 'smoke' as in perfume = par fumare, 'thru smoke' and has a great dark lapsang soochong tea thing going on.

Several of these still haven't found their way into The Directory - if you are interested I would recommend checking out the reviews on Grain de Musc which are quite comprehensive and also include some insight from carmencanada's interview with Mathilde Laurent.

I think they are too dear but these days, what can ya say? You get a nice red leather case for the bottle, but once it's empty, then what?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 6th January 2012 at 02:25 AM.