Code of Conduct

Default Carolina Herrera Chic for men

is it collection worthy?

Tried it couple of days ago and it kind of intrigued me. L'instant de Guerlain PH is higher on my list to be quite frank, but soon after it Chic for men would follow, quite pleasant scent to me. What was your experience with it?

tnx in advance

Default Re: Carolina Herrera Chic for men

I really enjoyed it but I don't plan on buying a full bottle anytime soon.

I know it's not much of a hype, but where I'm from ppl hardly wear it, and it's kind of nice so I asked

It has a really nice tobacco note which lends it an interesting character for a modern fruity-fresh scent. Unfortunately, the tobacco fades quickly on me (and I think most), and what remained was not interesting enough. If the tobacco lasted through the frag, I would probably get a bottle.

i used a 100ml bottle and i have a new 50ml bottle now .... its of the top 5 fragances to me and i prefer it on L'instant ....

I just bought a bottle and only wore it once so far. My impression so far is that it is a good choice for the warmer weather. It's not an amazing scent but a good casual one. I have to wear it more times to get a better understanding of it.

It struck me as an any season scent with a strong accent on spring and summer. It does seem casual indeed.

Tnx guys!

i adore chic - but for me it's scent for special ocassion. i use it during weddings, official meetings and very speciall occasion like my master degree egzam . it's very sweet so for me is no way to wear it during hot weather.
    Last edited by da_markos; 14th February 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Not jumping up and down for this one.
    As a matter of fact, I am going to sell my bottle.
    It's only a 1oz bottle, but it is just not worth keeping....
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I think I will make this one my scent of the day if I end of going out somewhere today!

Chic is a fragrances I am not too crazy about. At first, I found it to be a nice fruity fragrance. Something that would be even better in the warmer months. But a couple of testings later told me that this fragrance just does not project or last enought for me. As well, the scent it self is not so special.

I feel if you can get ahold of Lancetti via Condotti, you will do much better than Chic, Zgb.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

tnx for responses ppl Always like to hear your opinions...

I wore this one twice today. The first time I applied it in the morning and then re-applied in the evening. I should also say that I spray on clothing so it really lingers for hours. I think this one smells great and I am liking it more than I did during my first wearing. Many can take this one as generic but I think it's wonderful and really mellows out after a bit. Spray on your clothing! I think I will wear this one tomorrow. Great bottle and spray mechanism as well.
    Last edited by Ronin; 17th February 2010 at 05:28 AM.

I've always enjoyed the earlier CH fragrances - Herrera for men, 212 Men (original) and Chic for men. Chic is second (212 is first) in my wardrobe when choosing something for it's PROJECTION, tenacity and versatility. If it's for everyday use, I'd highly recommend it. Be careful when applying - people can smell it from a mile away when too much is applied.

I find L'Instant to project in the same way on me only when I'm hot and perspiring.

I can still smell Chic from my clothes rather nicely from the day before.

Sur la Plage

Nothing worth owning IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like it. Watermelon and tobacco. Projects well, lasts quite awhile...and always garners lots of compliments from young ladies (if you care about that sort of feedback.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

yup, bought this one.....took it right back. was nota fan. too much like 212 but a little more buttery. Still not enough to get me to keep it .. but i commend those who can pull this one off

IMO No.

I had serious longevity issues with this scent.....It might be my skin.....This just did not last on me at all.....Gary

Watermelon top, sweet & spicy cinnamon heart, and Herrera's "house note/DNA" base of sweet musk & woods (powdered woods in this instance).

I liked it, but eventually sold it off because I found the top reminiscent of Millesime Imperial. Every time I would wear Chic, I would feel the desire to wear the superior MI instead (even in cooler weather). Just didn't see the need to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    Not jumping up and down for this one.
    As a matter of fact, I am going to sell my bottle.
    It's only a 1oz bottle, but it is just not worth keeping....
    1 year later : I never got rid my 1oz bottle of Chic. Tried it again on me and simply loved it. In the meantime I learned not to get rid of a fragrance right away if you don't like it. Just set it aside for awhile and try it again a couple weeks later.
    Longevity on me is about 10 hours.
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---