Code of Conduct

Default best fragrance shower gels

So I got my taxes back, so It's time to BUY $ BUY$ BUY$!!! No, not really, but I think I may get a few fragrance shower gels. I had shower gels from Dolce & Gabanna ph and Versace Blue jeans and they both smelled great! I'm thinking about getting the Blue jeans shower gel again and also the shower gel for Gucci Pour Homme 2. I'm trying to see if there is a shower gel for Creed MI, cuz I think the edt smells pretty darn good, but I know I will probably never own it, so why not atleast spring for the shower gel? I'll throw some alcohol on that sucka and stretch it into a cologne! lol J/k...

But are there any other fragrance shower gels worth looking at? I like orientals and gourmands. And yes, I did a search, btw, but I would like some CURRENT opinions.

Default Re: best fragrance shower gels

Funny enough, Axe Touch shower gel is my absolute favorite of all time, and I wish there was an EdT that smelled similar to it. Or maybe there is one and I just haven't smelled it.

I really like Commes des Garcons 2 Man, 1000 by Jean Patou, Eau de Merveilles by Hermes, Erolfa by Creed and Rain Bath by Neutrogena.

Crabtree & Evelynn have a West Indian Lime shower gel which I currently use and think is fantastic.

The best shower gels I have tried are Amouage's various offerings, whether Dia, Gold or Jubilation. I also don't think the gender of the shower gel makes a difference as they all smell very good. They are a bit pricey though!
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 11th February 2010 at 10:28 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Molton Brown Re - Charge Black Pepper

Hi Larwiz!
    It's easier for me to list what I don't care for, since the list is short - L'Occitaine's The Vert. Not that it's bad, just not right for me.

Ones that float my boat:
    • L'Occitaine Eau de Baux - even better than the EdT!
    • L'Occitaine Cade - think cedar shavings
    • Dior Homme - Fantastic! If you like Dior Homme, that is.
    • L'Instant Pour Homme - Very manly man
    • Infusion d'Homme - Possibly my favorite, which is curious since I don't care for the EdT at all.
    If the pleasure weren't so fleeting, I might just throw away my fumes and specialize in shower gels. The intensification of aromas from the heat, the feel of showering water on skin - it's all good!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 11th February 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Givenchy PI showergel works for me.
    It almost smells as strong as EdT! Nice stuff!

Despite its rather hefty price tag, I am particularly fond of the Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo shower gel. Potent and luxurious,it is a perfect companion to its fragrant brother.
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 12th February 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Creed's Original Vetiver shower gel rocks. And Creed shower gels are strong enough that you actually do smell like you're wearing the scent for a few hours afterward.

I also really like Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir gel, which is formulated differently than the cologne - it's more of a smoky cedar/red berry/tobacco scent in the gel.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

My favorite is Costes shower gel, but I like bars of soap better because I think they leave more scent behind on the skin.

i love old spice pure sport - the sad part is, i get more compliments on my shower gel scent than i do on my frags, ugh such is life.

I only have Encens Flamboyant... which is really nice in shower gel.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I'll second the Infusion d'Homme shower gel, that stuff is crazy good.
    I refuse to sink.

Neutrogena Rainbath and Clinique Happy shower gels are my favourites.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Tam Dao and Silver Mountain Water. Both are better than the actual colognes imo.
    But i just use Dove unscented bar soap most of the time. That stuff is expensive!
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

I think the Bulgari Aqua shower gel is excellent, even better than the cologne itself IMO.

Although mostly not scented with Bourjois frags, the shower gels by Bourjois are not just extremely affordable, but good value for money and quite few variations also have gourmand/Oriental notes, while the skin's sensation afterward and the persistence of these shower gel's fragrance notes are very pleasant.

I like Vetiver Extraordinaire shower gel, but it is seriously overpriced. For the money, Bath and Bodyworks Lemongrass Cardamom is fantastic.

4711 Shower gel is wonderful, especially in the morning. Cheap to boot.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Larwiz, I know you want that Kouros shower gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I really like Commes des Garcons 2 Man, 1000 by Jean Patou, Eau de Merveilles by Hermes, Erolfa by Creed and Rain Bath by Neutrogena.
    I've been meaning to try all the CDGs. I think I tried the third one, and found it quite similar to Burberry for men. Merveilles is sweet as hell. Kinda too sweet. Something in it reminded me of Third Man. That may translate into a workable shower gel though. I may have to consider this one. I saw a few mentions of Rain Bath in some of the other threads I looked at hmm. I may end up tyring it. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Black View Post
    Crabtree & Evelynn have a West Indian Lime shower gel which I currently use and think is fantastic.
    I imagine that smelling extremely citrucy refreshing. I'll have to look into that. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Hi Larwiz!
    It's easier for me to list what I don't care for, since the list is short - L'Occitaine's The Vert. Not that it's bad, just not right for me.

Ones that float my boat:
    • L'Occitaine Eau de Baux - even better than the EdT!
    • L'Occitaine Cade - think cedar shavings
    • Dior Homme - Fantastic! If you like Dior Homme, that is.
    • L'Instant Pour Homme - Very manly man
    • Infusion d'Homme - Possibly my favorite, which is curious since I don't care for the EdT at all.
    If the pleasure weren't so fleeting, I might just throw away my fumes and specialize in shower gels. The intensification of aromas from the heat, the feel of showering water on skin - it's all good!
    Baux is the only L'Occitane I've tried, and it is a solid fragrance. I can imagine the shower gel being quite delightful. I'll keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Creed's Original Vetiver shower gel rocks. And Creed shower gels are strong enough that you actually do smell like you're wearing the scent for a few hours afterward.

I also really like Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir gel, which is formulated differently than the cologne - it's more of a smoky cedar/red berry/tobacco scent in the gel.
    Interesting that you mentioned Pom Noir. I added the edt to my last sample batch that I ordered this week after trying it last month at a Nordstroms. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't get a chance to put it on my skin though, so I'm kinda anxious to recieve this one. I ordered it in a try 4 sample pack, so it comes with 3 other Jo Malones that I chose.

To everyone else: Thanx for responding. To Le Grand Duc: Ya know, I've been on the fence with Pi for a while now. I use to love it, but lately, I've been kinda iffy about it. Perhaps I just need to wear it a bit more. I dunno. But thanx for the suggestion.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    To Le Grand Duc: Ya know, I've been on the fence with Pi for a while now.
    Yeah, I know. Its an on/off scent for me too.
    But ppl around me seems to like it on me..!

Well here's my collection...mini shower gel reviews:

Pierre Cardin is very true to the cologne but leaves no scent residue.

Obsession is STRONG but soapier smelling than the cologne, and leaves the strongest/longest scent residue of all of mine.

London is nice, maybe a bit more appley and less woody than the cologne.

Corduroy smells more twiggy and less desserty than the cologne, and the bottle is really annoying to open and close.

Dunhill 1934 is watery and weak but pretty true to the cologne.

Envy is lousy. Ugh. Way too powdery.

B*Men is pretty true to the cologne.

Eucris is too thick...had to water it down. Surprisingly refreshing for such a non-fresh scent.

Weekend is really nice, and a great match to the cologne, but thin liquid so tricky to control. May still be my favorite.

D+G is very thick and fairly true to the cologne, but smells heavier which I think doesn't help.

Bulgari is interesting. Greener and plantier than the cologne. Bottle doesn't close as nicely as it should.

L'Eau par Kenzo is too dull and soap-like. But it looks different colors depending on if you look through the bottle the thin way or the thick way.

Eau de Paco Rabanne is too metallic and ivy-like. Very thick, creamy and opaque.

Gendarme and Mugler Cologne are both great soap smells, of course, with Gendarme being moist and lush, and Mugler being sharper, greener, and more citric. Gendarme separates over time into clearer and whiter layers.

Cool Water is really refreshing and very true to the cologne.

Old Guerlain Vetiver is almost too dirty and woody while you're using it, but the residue is a nice smell, close to the old cologne.

Polo Crest is pretty true to the cologne.

Lavender Fougere with Oak Moss and Geranium by Skin Below The Chin. This line is available at Wal-mart in the U.S.A. and is manufactured in Canada. Inexpensive and a wonderful scent --will leave your skin very conditioned.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'm currently using L'Occitane Eau de Baux shower gel, and it's fantastic! It just skips right to the drydown and lingers for an hour or two. Beautiful stuff.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I'm pleasantly surprised to see a less mainstream fragrance like Baux have so many fans of the shower gel version. This will probably be the first blind shower gel purchase. I'll be on the lookout for that Rainbath as well. Thanx you guys!

I really like the Jaipur homme shower gel. In fact, I think it smells better than the juice itself.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Magno shower gel. It smells a little woody and a little ambery and seems to melt slowly into the background, but provides good support for almost any scent I am likely to wear over it. Not too easy to find. It's made in Spain. Used to be more widely available in the States.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 13th February 2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I'll second the Infusion d'Homme shower gel, that stuff is crazy good.
    Me too. Fantastic stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Lavender Fougere with Oak Moss and Geranium by Skin Below The Chin. This line is available at Wal-mart in the U.S.A. and is manufactured in Canada. Inexpensive and a wonderful scent --will leave your skin very conditioned.
    Wow, something to look for next time I venture into a Wal-mart. I visited the Delicious Brands website and their products seem interesting and of quality. Thanks for the tip.

I like Eau de Baux by L'Occitane. I could bathe in it every day, but I want to leave some for DH.

I also like Encens Flamboyant shower gel.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 14th February 2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Evenstar

Acqua di Gio shower gel. Seriously, try it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I like Farmacia SS Annunziata Firenze
    Chia, Hyle, Nero....

Looks like the Baux shower gels go for about $20! That's a bit much, considering the price of most shower gels in the store. Anywho, I went to Target last night to see if they had this great Neutrogena Rain bath. I didn't see it, but after trying several shower gels that they did have, I came across Soapsoft Pomegranate & Mango. Man, I don't think I have smelled a bath product so fresh! I can't wait to shower with it! It smells great! I will still consider getting Baux if I can get a better price. I have a decant of baux edt, so I am a fan of the fragrance. But the shower gel is a bit much imo. For now, I'll try the Gucci Pour Homme 2shower gel and maybe the Rainbath if I can find it in the store or online for a reasonable price. Baux may come later...

One shower-gel which is just a stand-out for me is...."Obsession - For Men"

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Looks like the Baux shower gels go for about $20! That's a bit much, considering the price of most shower gels in the store. Anywho, I went to Target last night to see if they had this great Neutrogena Rain bath. I didn't see it, but after trying several shower gels that they did have, I came across Soapsoft Pomegranate & Mango. Man, I don't think I have smelled a bath product so fresh! I can't wait to shower with it! It smells great! I will still consider getting Baux if I can get a better price. I have a decant of baux edt, so I am a fan of the fragrance. But the shower gel is a bit much imo. For now, I'll try the Gucci Pour Homme 2shower gel and maybe the Rainbath if I can find it in the store or online for a reasonable price. Baux may come later...
    My entire family has been using it since Christmas when I got it, and there is about 1/4 of it left. So I'd say it would EASILY last 2 months for a single person.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

How are these body washes when it comes to moisturizing? I use dove deep moisture do these compare?

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    My entire family has been using it since Christmas when I got it, and there is about 1/4 of it left. So I'd say it would EASILY last 2 months for a single person.
    I went to the mall today and actually came across a L'Occitane store, unexpectedly. So I got the opportunity to try the shower gel. That thing smells JUST LIKE the edt. Just like it. Now I like the edt, but I dunno about showering in it. I think I would rather something a bit more citrucy rather than spicey when I shower. It's more refreshing.