Code of Conduct

Default Oranges in my forest: Pino Silvestre SPORT

News for all the Pino Silvestre fans. In 2008 Mavive/Pino launched a new scent, Pino Silvestre Sport Cologne . It is in the "classic" green pine-cone bottle, but the cap, label and box are yellow. The colour yellow is intended to convey a young, fresh image (and of course citrus).

Here are the notes:

Top: tangerine, ginger, petitgrain
    Mid: orange flowers, carnation, jasmin sambac, magnolia
    Base: white amber, vetiver, tolu balsam, musk

The product comes in the full range: cologne, deodorant spray, shower gel, bath gel, and refreshing tissues!

Anyone heard of this or tried it?
    Also, a reminder that Pino Fifty, Pino Blue and Pino Extreme have all been discontinued. If you like these, stock up. Mavive is concentrating its Pino efforts on variations of the pine-cone themed bottles.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 11th February 2010 at 10:50 PM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Oranges in my forest: Pino Silvestre SPORT

What an interesting grouping of notes! Does this come across as more spicy or more floral? (I am thinking the carnation adds a spike of spice to the composition...)
    Last edited by Primrose; 12th February 2010 at 02:31 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    What an interesting grouping of notes! Does this come across as more spicy or more floral? (I am thinking the carnation adds a spike of spice to the composition...)
    I agree, Primrose! It is an interesting combination of scents. I would have thought that lemon was a more natural accent to pine... except that there actually is no pine in Pino Silvestre (as my research has shown on other threads). But the orange emphasis is interesting. The carnation would add a nice spicy (clove?) note. And who knows about the "jasmin sambac?" I don't have this scent in my collection, in fact it isn't even on the Mavive website (likely an omission). I heard about it through my correspondence with the Mavive office. I hope someone has tried it and can comment on it.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

OdyM, thank you for the reply. I hope someone will post a review...

I wonder how the jasmine will play out in this unique melange of notes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Saw both Pino Silvestre and Pino Silvestre Sport making it in Manila shores just recently. I was wondering a bit why no mention of Sport from Pino's No.1 fan until now hehe Thanks for the heads up on Pino Blue being discontinued though, will check it out again, I'm a sucker for discontinued frags. Those 3 are the only ones available here in Manila now.

Hi- Just got the Pino Sport today. Still weighing it out. Loved it on the paper I sprayed... but there's a strange lingering medicinal feel here when I applied to my skin. Pino sport is popping up on eBay now and is very affordable. The lemons in the top notes are nice (I know there are no lemons listed but there is a distinct lemon vibe going on here). I am a little disappointed in the base. Still can't figure out what what medicine it reminds me of. Won't give up on it just yet.
    Last edited by SirScent; 24th April 2010 at 04:03 AM. Reason: poor spelling

Thank you SirScent -- our first report of an actual sniff experience! I'm delighted to hear about this.
    Yes, the yellow colour of the box and label is only part of the lemon vibe they want to evoke, I'm sure. Please feel free to post further notes.
    odysseusm

Hi odysseusm-
    Glad to be of help. I've decided I like this after wearing Pino Sport most of the day. After the initial lemon vibe it drys down to a kind of leathery musk? That's the best way I can describe it. I had a friend try this today who does not like citrus scents on the norm but they really liked Pino Sport. I'll mention again that this is available on eBay for about 19.95 including shipping on the 4.2 oz. bottle. Good Deal I think. Not certain if shipping will be more to Canada but still a good price. All My Best-SirScent

* bump *
    Anyone tried it recently ?