Code of Conduct

Question Green Irish Tweed Questions

Hey Folks,

A couple of questions for you:

1 - Have you ever been approached by someone thinking you're wearing Cool Water when you're actually wearing GIT?

2 - Anyone here buy GIT from Fragrancenet or other online retailers and get a good deal AND good fresh juice?

Thanks to those of you who have visited my fragrance blog on Youtube!
    Please visit my videos! NY Fragrance Blog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYFragranceBlog

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed Questions

1. Nope. GIT is GIT. Lots of compliments. Never been mistaken for CW.

2. Yes, I have found some good deals online. It's spotty, though, when it comes to Creed. Been almost ripped-off a couple of times. Had to send back bottles that were either fake or had gone bad. Got my money back, in each case. Still, it's best to buy Creed in good department stores. That way you can smell the actual bottle you're buying before you lay out the cash. Some department store bottles can go bad, too. For that kind of money, you should make sure it's good before you buy.

I think most people who know CW and don't know GiT will mix them easily

yes you can find good deals from reputable online retailers with good juice
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

1 - No.

2 - Yes, I've purchased several Creeds from FragranceNet, and recieved fresh juice each time.

1. No
    2. N/A

Hey man, I watched a few of your reviews. Good stuff.

CW and GIT are similar for the first half hour and then diverge significantly.

Fragrancenet, Scentiments, Parfum1 all have good juice.

1. Yes
    2. No

Thing about GIT is that if you buy it at a discount from a online store you may run the risk of getting juice that is old. Which with GIT it means the tops notes may be non existent and you go straight to the ambergris dry down. With GIT buying it from a reputable store after smelling the tester may be the best bet.

I have a goal of testing Cool Water soon given all the comments about how similar it is to GIT, a favorite of mine. Based on Adonis' comments above, I have a guess all this "smells just like GIT" is indeed very fleeting. I have made many snap judgements based on a frags opening notes. Opening notes are important, but a scent does the bulk of its work a few hours in.

If Cool Water only smells like GIT for a half hour, then it in my view, it doesn't smell like GIT.

Does everyone know what smells EXACTLY like Fragrance Impressions "imitation Cool Water" ???
    Counterfeit Green irish Tweed.

I certainly don't have a problem with you bringing this up, but I really wish the GIT/Cool Water comparisons would just stop already. Honestly, I just don't get it. GIT is in a class by itself. I don't know if this helps, and some may disagree, but GIT is to Cool Water what New Haarlem is to Rochas Man.

People who know GIT would never mistake the two and people who only know Cool Water probably wouldn't be able to appreciate the difference.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

1. Nope
    2. Fresh fragrance all the time

Sur la Plage

1) No
    2) Yes
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

No.

Fragrancenet and Beauty encounter

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    GIT is in a class by itself. I don't know if this helps, and some may disagree, but GIT is to Cool Water what New Haarlem is to Rochas Man.
    It's more than that imo. But I agree that the comparisons are ridiculous.
    I chalk it up to 3 culprits:
    1. People who blind bought counterfeit GIT on eBay and reviewed it calling it an inferior copy of Cool Water, never having tested real GIT in a Nieman Marcus or such.
    2. People who sample fragrances by smelling the topnotes, before all the alcohol burns off, then discard the strip.
    3. People who are cheap and self deceptive, and extrovert it to reinforce these attributes.

Thanks for your responses. I just bought GIT from the Creed Boutique today and it is astonishing. I was told by the manager it is the most recent shipment. I see why it is so crucial to get a fresh creed. As a fresh one, it smells better than the tester in the store and actually doesn't seem SO close to CW. I wonder if older creeds are the reasons so much CW comparisons are out there. Thanks for your help!!!
    Please visit my videos! NY Fragrance Blog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYFragranceBlog

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    It's more than that imo. But I agree that the comparisons are ridiculous.
    I chalk it up to 3 culprits:
    1. People who blind bought counterfeit GIT on eBay and reviewed it calling it an inferior copy of Cool Water, never having tested real GIT in a Nieman Marcus or such.
    2. People who sample fragrances by smelling the topnotes, before all the alcohol burns off, then discard the strip.
    3. People who are cheap and self deceptive, and extrovert it to reinforce these attributes.
    Very well put Dullah. I am going to test Cool Water for myself, but I have long suspected the similarities lay mostly in the top notes.

Recently I was in a perfumeshop and tried CW. At first I didnt even want to. But many says CW smells like GIT, so I had to try it once. I agree there are SOME similarities between the 2 but nothing more than that.

Dont understand how people can compare them. I walked around for like 1 hour before I tossed the paper away. GIT smells nice for all occasions but im getting disgusted by CW, too chemical. I was even doublechecking the bottle just to make sure I was testing CW.
    Last edited by Hirons; 12th February 2010 at 11:34 PM.