Code of Conduct

Default C&S Cuba vs CdG Sequoia

Well they come in suspiciously similar packaging, and Cuba came 2nd in terms of its debut date.

After living with both awhile I think Sequoia is for ... beginnings and Cuba is for more advanced, decadent even jaded noses. Start with Sequoia and graduate to Cuba, the harder drug! What a strange concoction it is with its persistent mint, it's musk, and the rest of it which Sequoia has more or less to offer, while Sequoia's drydown disappoints a bit on me, going a tad tomatoey, Cuba is more fascinating as it goes on flashing its different facets at you. And it's far more dangerous.

Default Re: C&S Cuba vs CdG Sequoia

i very much like Cuba, while sequoia, I never wore more than once out of the sample vial.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

I have a full bottle of Cuba and it is quite complex and blended so well. I like the way the notes shift their accord ever time you smell the scent. A lot of people find the fecal note that appears in the tobacco musky dry down to be off-putting but its the same smell of the tobacco in a Cuban cigar. I find this harder to wear during the day as its a bit exotic in its rum mojito tobacco nature but it makes a great evening scent especially in the summer.

I really like both of these. I probably wear Sequoia more often, though sometimes I feel it gets a bit cloying.

Cuba is great! I've seen/read about the CdG Sequoia on LuckyScent and would like to try it. Not sure what your original point was that you were trying to make but from comparing the scent notes, it doesn't seem like they would be similar fragrance-wise.
    Last edited by markb; 13th February 2010 at 03:31 PM.
    ~Mark~

Basenotes Institution

I think these fragrances are too different to compare them in the same thread.

I like both, but I don't own Cuba yet. I hope to soon.

maybe once you do you'll begin to detect some similarities

I prefer Sequoia over Cuba

I think most people would, Max. I used to prefer it for sure, but then I got jaded, pure and simple, so to speak.

In my defense for discussing these in one thread, I notice there are many comparing Sequoia and Palisander, which I think is like apples and pineapples compared to putting these 2 in a category together!

Aramis Havana!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    I prefer Sequoia over Cuba
    Same here.

I don't find them at all alike. I like them both, but find Cuba the more unique of the two, by far. However, that "uniqueness" makes Sequoia a more "user friendly" scent. Personally, I prefer Cuba because I like its crazy cacophony of semi-discordant notes.