Code of Conduct

Default Summer fragrance

In your own opinion what are the top 3 summer fragrances and why????????

Default Re: Summer fragrance

Tough to say, it depends what you're into.
    Citrus? Woody? Spice? Chypre? Floral? Aquatic?
    Narrow it down more, and the answers may converge.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 9/17

Not saying they're the best, just ones I personally like:

Monsieur Balmain
    Virgin Island Water
    Sel Marin
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Right now, Bergamatto Marino, Dior Homme Eau for Men and Bulgari Aqua Mara.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I'm a woody spicy kinda guy,L'instant and L'instance Extreme are my signatures,probably looking for a very good citrus with GREAT longevity and projection.Not really into florals unless a smell a GREAT one.A very good acquatic would be great too...
    Last edited by SCENTMASTER "OG"; 12th May 2014 at 02:19 PM.

Chanel Edition Blanche
    Guerlain L'Homme Boisee
    Dior Sport 2008 version
    Aqua Fahrenheit

Check out Mancera Kumkat Wood, sounds like it's just what you're looking for. Fresh/spicy/woody/citrus...excellent summer fragrance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SCENTMASTER "OG" View Post
    I'm a woody spicy kinda guy,L'instant and L'instance Extreme are my signatures,probably looking for a very good citrus with GREAT longevity and projection.Not really into florals unless a smell a GREAT one.A very good acquatic would be great too...
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Hall of fame summer edition scents is subjective but mine are the following,
    1-MI
    2-Aventus
    3.GV by TF
    4- L'Humaniste
    5- Vetiver by Roja Dove
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

In my opinion and no particular order:

ADP Colonia
    Mugler Cologne
    Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte (but also other scents within the "Eau" range by Hermes, be it Pamplemousse Rose, Gentiane Blanche etc.)

Reason (applicable, in my opinion, to all three): both classic and modern EDC style, very suitable in summer due to the refreshing effect of citrus, is very well rendered in either of these scents, that are also versatile allrounders that offer an uncomplicated burst of coolness while keeping a certain natural, timeless, simple elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post

ADP Colonia
    Mugler Cologne
    Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte (but also other scents within the "Eau" range by Hermes, be it Pamplemousse Rose, Gentiane Blanche etc.)
    Reason (applicable, in my opinion, to all three): both classic and modern EDC style, very suitable in summer due to the refreshing effect of citrus, is very well rendered in either of these scents, that are also versatile allrounders that offer an uncomplicated burst of coolness while keeping a certain natural, timeless, simple elegance.
    Thank you sir....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post

ADP Colonia
    Mugler Cologne

Appreciate it,thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Check out Mancera Kumkat Wood, sounds like it's just what you're looking for. Fresh/spicy/woody/citrus...excellent summer fragrance IMO.
    Thanks,What about a GREAT aquatic fragrance with GREAT longevity and projection????

Almost impossible for me to choose the 3 best, but 3 I really enjoy are:

L'Humaniste

Guerlain Homme L'Eau

Almost Transparent Blue

But there's about 10 other summer frags I enjoy equally depending on the day.

I like Bond No. 9 Wall Street, but it's a very polarizing fragrance. I like it...and I've received nothing but compliments while wearing it. Another to consider would be Heeley Sel Marin.

Quote Originally Posted by SCENTMASTER "OG" View Post
    Thanks,What about a GREAT aquatic fragrance with GREAT longevity and projection????
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Virgin Island Water - Creed
    Yuzu Ab Irato 09 - PG
    Cedrat Enivrant - Atelier

Just off the top of my head, the first three that come to mind are....

Versace Eau Fraiche -- The hotter it is outside, the better this one smells.
    Heeley Sel Marin -- One of the best aquatics out there
    Creed Original Vetiver -- Vetivers are wonderful in the summer, and although this one doesn't have a lot of vetiver (despite the name), it performs well in the heat

Others include MI, VIW, Acqua di Gio, Bvlgari Aqva Marine

Blog Entries

I have two that I wear year round, but I think are best suited for warmer weather.

Bvlgari Aqva - my favorite aquatic
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche - extremely versatile appropriate from very casual to formal

My 3rd choice for summer is probably Mugler Cologne. It's just so clean smelling and refreshing.

I'm also sampling YSL L'homme Sport right now, and think it will be great in summer.

I've also seen Sel Marin mentioned a couple of times already. That's another great one. It's so hard to just choose 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    I have two that I wear year round, but I think are best suited for warmer weather.

Bvlgari Aqva - my favorite aquatic
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche - extremely versatile appropriate from very casual to formal

My 3rd choice for summer is probably Mugler Cologne. It's just so clean smelling and refreshing.

I'm also sampling YSL L'homme Sport right now, and think it will be great in summer.
    I've also seen Sel Marin mentioned a couple of times already. That's another great one. It's so hard to just choose 3.
    Thanks...

Mugler Cologne, Prada Infusion D'Homme, & I'll throw in the recent L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport Mint: All three cut through the high humidity of Montréal summers & have a distinctly lasting sillage.

Bergamote 22
    Neroli Extrait
    L'Humaniste
    Nio
    Jardin d'Amalfi

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I'm curious, what would your top 3 be for floral?

VIW > All

Edition Blanche and MI would be my runner ups, but fall far behind my love for VIW

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I'm curious, what would your top 3 be for floral?
    Thanks for asking, but I dont have enough experience with floral-centric summer scents.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 9/17

Wow, to narrow down my favorite summer scents to only 3? That would change daily, but right now, I would say:

1) Creed Aventus
    2) Creed Pure White Cologne - the ultimate HOT weather scent. Cooling, refreshing, unique, and pretty long lasting.
    3) Xerjoff Nio - just received a split of this, and I think it may get several wearings this summer. Will be ordering a full bottle soon.

Honorable mentions: TDC De Bachmakov, Creed Virgin Island Water, Creed Bois de Cedrat, Monsieur Balmain, BN9 Bleecker Street, by Kilian Straight to Heaven, Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Dior Homme Cologne 2013, Kenneth Cole Black, AdG Essenza, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Dior Homme Sport (2008 & 2012), Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, MFK Acqua Universalis Forte, Creed Jardin d'Amalfi, etc.....

I guess listing more than 3 is cheating... but when it comes to my favorite summer scents, no way I can only list 3!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Best? I have no idea but the 3 I will be wearing the most this summer are probably
    Azure Lime by Tom Ford
    Modoc by Xerjoff
    Energy C grapefruit by CdG

For the summer I like fruity floral so my choices are:
    Xerjoff Nio
    Millesime Imperial
    Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    HM: Xerjoff 1861
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

There are some great oceanic scents like Sel Marin, Erolfa and (my favorite) Maestrale that do very well in summer. I sometimes thinkmthatbitq is a little too obvious to try and smell like summer at the beach when you are actually at the seaside in summer. Better in some ways to invoke the memory of summer in other seasons, in some way. That said, I tend to wear lighter scents--like the ones above-and also wear GIT, Floris's JF and Aqua di Parma all summer long, with a few exceptions of warm, sultry scents (in moderation) on summer evenings, such as Zino and Bois du Portugal.

Virgin Island water is king. I would wear it everyday... But it might get boring, and I am not risking that....

Bond No.9 Coney Island, cuz that is just a great fragrance, pretty awesome all-around. It drys down nice for me.

Armani ADG, it's a good one, overused definitely, but I do wear it from time to time in the summer