Code of Conduct

Default Arabian Oud Prince Diaminy

Hello all -

I just noticed that the legendary Prince Diamini is now available on the Arabian Oud website. It is currently at half price - 2500 pounds. I believe this is the price for 60 ML, but need to confirm. I'm proposing a split done on this. Ideally we would have 7 people put up 400 pounds each, for 10ML each. This is enough to last anyone a lifetime. The cost would include shipping and the remainder as profit for the host of the split. I would also propose that we attempt to have a someone like kron, with signficant split experience handle the split, if he would agree to do so.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Arabian Oud Prince Diaminy

What does it smell like, have you sampled this?

Any more information would be appreciated.

It's hard to describe. It's a rose based scent but not the typical rose. It doesn't really smell like anything I can think of and I only had a very small sample. It smelled really good though, sorry that I can't be more descriptive. It's unique. The best I can say is that it's not smokey or overly incensy, and it's also not very citric.

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    It's hard to describe. It's a rose based scent but not the typical rose. It doesn't really smell like anything I can think of and I only had a very small sample. It smelled really good though, sorry that I can't be more descriptive. It's unique. The best I can say is that it's not smokey or overly incensy, and it's also not very citric.
    Does it have some oud?

Wow, this blows the price of Clive Christian scents right out of the water! :O
    UK Swap Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for decant swaps

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermès Parfum
    10)LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

There are two versions of it that are very similar but not the same. I think one of the versions has oud but not entirely sure and I don't know if that's the one I smelled, but if it does have oud what I can say is that it is not in the forefront. I didn't detect any in what I smelled. It also smelled different depending on if I used a lesser versus a larger amount. With the lesser amount it smelled like a VERY exquisite oriental. When I used more of it, the overall power of the fragrance sort of overtakes what I believe is the concept that the creator was going for and it ended up smelling like rose and tee tree oil to me - very very high quality rose and tea tree oil. Even this description just doesn't do it justice though. Despite the high price, it would have been worth it to get 10ml for $800 or even 5ml for $400 as 5ml would be enough for at least 5 years I think. As an example - the sample I got was a 10th of an ml and it lasted for 2 months...

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    There are two versions of it that are very similar but not the same. I think one of the versions has oud but not entirely sure and I don't know if that's the one I smelled, but if it does have oud what I can say is that it is not in the forefront. I didn't detect any in what I smelled. It also smelled different depending on if I used a lesser versus a larger amount. With the lesser amount it smelled like a VERY exquisite oriental. When I used more of it, the overall power of the fragrance sort of overtakes what I believe is the concept that the creator was going for and it ended up smelling like rose and tee tree oil to me - very very high quality rose and tea tree oil. Even this description just doesn't do it justice though. Despite the high price, it would have been worth it to get 10ml for $800 or even 5ml for $400 as 5ml would be enough for at least 5 years I think. As an example - the sample I got was a 10th of an ml and it lasted for 2 months...
    Where can I buy this sample? I got a sample a drop or 2 of Amouage Homage and was dissapointed. Maybe my nose is just spoilt.

Zahras may have it for sale in 3ml quantities. I don't think she offers samples of it. Maybe ask around the oud loverz group - someone there may have be able to sell you a sample.
    Last edited by litworth; 12th January 2014 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks.

I'd like to read some more reviews.

Here are notes for both attars:

Prince Bandzile Diamini - clove, orange blossom, himalayan balsam flower, egyptian musk, frankincense

Prince Majahonkhe Diamini - wild rose, oud, clove, pepper, ambergris

I wrote these down in the store in 2010 and haven't checked if they've changed the blends since.

Both are exclusive to the London store so I doubt zahra stocks Diamini.

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    Here are notes for both attars:

Prince Bandzile Diamini - clove, orange blossom, himalayan balsam flower, egyptian musk, frankincense

Prince Majahonkhe Diamini - wild rose, oud, clove, pepper, ambergris

I wrote these down in the store in 2010 and haven't checked if they've changed the blends since.

Both are exclusive to the London store so I doubt zahra stocks Diamini.
    Thanks. Do you think they're worth the astronomical prize?

That depends on whether you enjoy it enough to part with the cash. Both Diaminis def. have a big wow factor.. unfortunately, the main fixative that gives Bandzile Diamini its unreal longevity and strength soon turned into nauseating chemical stench for me which I could no longer stomach. . That single note will stay on fabric for weeks if not months. They should either replace the ingredient with a more natural smelling material or use less of it..it completely ruined the attar for me. I sold it.

Personally, I much prefer King Fahed blend which (per ml) is even more expensive than Diamini. The musk that anchors the notes in KF is a little dirty but I don't find its scent to be aggressive or chemical.

That depends on whether you enjoy it enough to part with the cash. Both Diaminis def. have a big wow factor.. unfortunately, the main fixative that gives Bandzile Diamini its unreal longevity and strength soon turned into nauseating chemical stench for me which I could no longer stomach. . That single note will stay on fabric for weeks if not months. They should either replace the ingredient with a more natural smelling material or use less of it..it completely ruined the attar for me. I sold it.

Personally, I much prefer King Fahed blend which (per ml) is even more expensive than Diamini. The musk that anchors the notes in KF is a little dirty but I don't find its scent to be aggressive or chemical.
    Chemicals? Wow, you'd expect such fragrances to be made of the most precious natural raw products.
    I've also heard alot of the KF. Would you mind describe that one a little more? Is it a natural deer musk?
    Musk Gazelle is another on the list of musks I'd like to try, I hope you know about this one aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetiver_Ind View Post
    Chemicals? Wow, you'd expect such fragrances to be made of the most precious natural raw products.
    I've also heard alot of the KF. Would you mind describe that one a little more? Is it a natural deer musk?
    Musk Gazelle is another on the list of musks I'd like to try, I hope you know about this one aswell.
    I'm not saying PD is made of chemicals, I've no problem with the concept of the fragrance or the other notes however, once all the 'good things' are gone what remains is this single ingredient which, apart from amplifying the delicious smelling orange blossom or carnation, adds an element to PD that my brain processes as 'nasty chemical smell' and the stuff becomes more apparent as the oil dries down. Your perception of it might be completely different (I can see the above mentioned tea tree oil connection) so you'll have to try this for yourself. Ambergris however, it is not. Also, keep in mind this was 2009-10, I don't know if it's still the same.

As for KF, it is just an exceptionally well blended oud/rose attar, smooth and deep that, unlike most oud/rose/musk mixtures I've tried, manages to smell unique. I doubt Arabian Oud uses deer musk in their top shelf mukhallats although I never asked them if they did.

I'm not saying PD is made of chemicals, I've no problem with the concept of the fragrance or the other notes however, once all the 'good things' are gone what remains is this single ingredient which, apart from amplifying the delicious smelling orange blossom or carnation, adds an element to PD that my brain processes as 'nasty chemical smell' and the stuff becomes more apparent as the oil dries down. Your perception of it might be completely different (I can see the above mentioned tea tree oil connection) so you'll have to try this for yourself. Ambergris however, it is not. Also, keep in mind this was 2009-10, I don't know if it's still the same.

As for KF, it is just an exceptionally well blended oud/rose attar, smooth and deep that, unlike most oud/rose/musk mixtures I've tried, manages to smell unique. I doubt Arabian Oud uses deer musk in their top shelf mukhallats although I never asked them if they did.

Sounds great. Do you know Musk Gazelle?

Anyone please add more information.

I'd love to have a bunch of B'noters do a split on Prince Damiani Blend and King Fahd blend. I'm trying to score only 1ml of each version of Damiani blends and King Fahd. But no one seems too have it. Or wants to do a split. :-(
    Last edited by Orgoglio italianO; 26th April 2014 at 05:22 AM.

Hello. I am new here. I had mail from Arabian Oud UK offering up to 70% off on
    all products up to May 6th'14. Please be on their mailing list so that you can
    keep track of great offers.

Welcome, Uday Laian - my impression is that AO have so many offers that the offer prices are almost 'normal' - but thanks for posting about the latest expired one.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Welcome, Uday Laian - my impression is that AO have so many offers that the offer prices are almost 'normal' - but thanks for posting about the latest expired one.
    haha lol. Throwing shade Ipp hh.