Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I like many of Hilde's fragrances. They are a simple yet well done, lovely, and fun. My husband tends to like Hilde scents over any of the other things I shove under his nose to sniff. (Which I attribute to their simplicity and lack of oakmoss) Right now I am wearing a sample of Conafetto--a delicately sweet almond/orange blossom scent. Beautiful and playful. I would like a full bottle. But at $200 it seems ludicrous.

    Does anyone have any clue as to why Hilde Soliani fragrances are so expensive? (And most of the scents that were $175 have now jumped to $200 or more.) Are the ingredients all that special? What gives? As much as I like Conafetto I just can't rationalize spending $200 to smell like almond candy and orange blossoms--even high quality candy and flowers.

    Gosh...if she even came down to the $125-150 range, I might grab a bottle or two. And I think she'd still make a tidy profit, no? What gives with this line? Any opinions?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Where we on the same split of a bottle of Conafetto? Yeah, it's such a cheerful candy scent, I do love it, but the price of a bottle...ugh. (they didn't spend a lot of money on bottle design, that's for sure). It does last a very long time, I can smell it a day and a half after I applied it, so that might be a sign of quality ingredients.

    Solani, Profumum and Profumi del Forte, all Italian niche houses and all cost 200$+. At least the two others have nice bottles, Solani looks generic.

    To conclude; bottle splits is the way to go!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Shucks, No! I missed out on that bottle split. And Soliani ist a line that easily lends itself to a bottle split because the bottles are really so generic. If you are going to charge that much at least give us a better presentation. Patricia de Nicolai has generic bottles, too. And while her fragrances are well done, they are priced right. PdN may be the best bang for your niche buck, imo.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I remember a discussion regarding Profumum and their prices. The theory was that there had to be a significant price hike (by the distributor) when they were sold in the US. But people who had visited the shop in Rome could confirm that they were just as expensive in Euro. So the Italian lines are simply expensive, in all currencies.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Hmmm I would really love to sample this but it is not on TPC and Lucky Scent does not have any samples yet.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I also like the Hilde Soliani fragrances. I own two of them, Bell'Antonio and Dulcissimo (sorry, I refuse to use their ridiculous spelling), and have tried several others. I'd like to buy more of them.

    I bought mine in Italy last year but can't remember how much I paid. I don't remember them being as expensive as is mentioned here, but they may have been.

    Among Italian fragrances, I think Mazzolari and Santa Maria Novella are still a good bit less expensive than Profumum or Soliani. I'm not sure about Villoresi. It has been a while since I've bought any.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I also like the Hilde Soliani fragrances. I own two of them, Bell'Antonio and Dulcissimo (sorry, I refuse to use their ridiculous spelling), and have tried several others. I'd like to buy more of them.

    I bought mine in Italy last year but can't remember how much I paid. I don't remember them being as expensive as is mentioned here, but they may have been.

    Among Italian fragrances, I think Mazzolari and Santa Maria Novella are still a good bit less expensive than Profumum or Soliani. I'm not sure about Villoresi. It has been a while since I've bought any.
    I agree on the spelling, it's supremely off putting, like they are marketing them to 4 year olds, so I ignored the brand on principle . But now that I've had to admit that they have at least one very good scent, I will have to find a way to sample more of their stuff.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default

    Yes the spelling is mostly ridiculous!
    I also adore Conafetto but the price tag is off putting . I would buy a bottle otherwise .
    And yes - aren't the bottles really blah!?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Hmmm I would really love to sample this but it is not on TPC and Lucky Scent does not have any samples yet.
    I got my sample from Luckyscent a while back, so they did have it in stock. I'm sure they will again. Maybe ask when they expect to have samples available?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I had already made this question to myself too. I like their fragrances, but i cannot understand what makes them so expensive. Profumum is another line that for me cost much more than the scents deserves to cost.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I noticed that her fragrances are 100ml which would make it average priced. Most of the others are between 30-50ml for $100. Hers are $175-$200 for 100ml. I'd say it is priced the same or even cheaper per ml. Anyways, I am all for affordable scents. Still waiting on Conafetto samples to be available on Lucky Scent. I don't even want to know how much TPC is charging for it!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    I noticed that her fragrances are 100ml which would make it average priced. Most of the others are between 30-50ml for $100. Hers are $175-$200 for 100ml. I'd say it is priced the same or even cheaper per ml. Anyways, I am all for affordable scents. Still waiting on Conafetto samples to be available on Lucky Scent. I don't even want to know how much TPC is charging for it!
    Yes, I've thought about the size/price factor, too. Still, I'd like to see her offer smaller sizes, or even travel sizes as other perfume houses have smartly done. I'd be much more likely to buy a 50ml for $95-$130 than 100ml for $200. There is just something about crossing into the 200 range that makes me cautious. Oh...and TPC isn't carrying this one yet. And it doesn't look like it's on their buy list of for a while. So if we want it, we have no choice but to purchase a LARGE bottle at an INFLATED price.

  13. #13
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,586
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Conaffetto, what a nice name. I hadn't heard of this one; hopefully Luckyscent will have samples of it again. They are charging $200 for 100ml; I'm not sure I would buy it at that price. I agree that it should be available in a 50 ml size.

    What sort of orange blossom is it? Closer to Malone's, or L'Artisan's?


  14. #14

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Conaffetto, what a nice name. I hadn't heard of this one; hopefully Luckyscent will have samples of it again. They are charging $200 for 100ml; I'm not sure I would buy it at that price. I agree that it should be available in a 50 ml size.

    What sort of orange blossom is it? Closer to Malone's, or L'Artisan's?
    If my scent memory serves me correctly, I think the orange blossom in Conaffetto leans toward the Jo Malone side--without the initial squeeze of orange/citrus I get in JM.

    The almond in Conaffetto is unlike any almond I've smelled thus far. It really does have that hint of bitter almond along with the sweetness of a Jordan Almond candy. Very realistic. This is not overly sweet. And it's really is well done, imo. And if I could get my hands on another sample I would be able to tell if it's worth it for me to purchase a FB (gulp).

    The feel/tone of Conaffetto reminds me a tad of Heeley's Ophelia (light, sweet, joyful, lacy, pretty)...just add Jordan Almonds. It really is unique and I hope someone offers decants of it soon.

  15. #15
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,586
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Thanks for that, chaplain.

    I expect Luckyscent will make up some samples again. Back when they first got Traversée du Bosphore in, they had samples of it, then ran out of them, then after a little while they had them again-- I suppose someone has to take the time to hand-decant them.

    Edit: I emailed them and asked if they will be making samples available.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 6th August 2011 at 02:34 AM.


  16. #16

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Edit: I emailed them and asked if they will be making samples available.
    Please let us know what they say! Thanks

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee View Post
    Please let us know what they say! Thanks
    Ditto of thanks! I've been meaning to do that too...

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,586
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Yes, if I get a reply I'll post it right away.


  19. #19

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    This thread needs to die! Every time it pops up I take a sprits from my decant, and go; mmmm yummy, and that can't keep happening, 10 ml was supposed to last me a long time..

  20. #20

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    This thread needs to die! Every time it pops up I take a sprits from my decant, and go; mmmm yummy, and that can't keep happening, 10 ml was supposed to last me a long time..
    LOL!! Sorry, Furrypine! Enjoy while it lasts...

  21. #21

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    this thread needs to die! Every time it pops up i take a sprits from my decant, and go; mmmm yummy, and that can't keep happening, 10 ml was supposed to last me a long time..
    lol!!

  22. #22
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,586
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    I received the following reply from Luckyscent today:

    Thank you for your e-mail. We are unfortunately sold out of Conaffetto samples at this time, and are not certain when our next shipment from Hilde Soliani will be. Please check back in September, as we may have a better idea at that time.


  23. #23

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I received the following reply from Luckyscent today:

    Thank you for your e-mail. We are unfortunately sold out of Conaffetto samples at this time, and are not certain when our next shipment from Hilde Soliani will be. Please check back in September, as we may have a better idea at that time.
    Thanks, 30 Roses, for the update!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I received the following reply from Luckyscent today:

    Thank you for your e-mail. We are unfortunately sold out of Conaffetto samples at this time, and are not certain when our next shipment from Hilde Soliani will be. Please check back in September, as we may have a better idea at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplain View Post
    Thanks, 30 Roses, for the update!
    Yes 30 Roses, thank you so much for keeping us in the loop!

  25. #25
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,586
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hilde Soliani Prices?

    Samples of Hilde Soliani Conaffetto are back in stock at Luckyscent.


Similar Threads

  1. Hilde Soliani: Fraaagola Saalaaata
    By kayley123 in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th February 2012, 04:43 PM
  2. Hilde Soliani - CiocoSpezissimo
    By Mimi Gardenia in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th September 2011, 04:33 AM
  3. Hilde Soliani Fragrances
    By scentsitivity in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th September 2009, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000