Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Good, the Bad, and the Wonderful. A tale of good service, Beauty Encounter

There has been much discussion about how poorly some on-line fragrance retailers package orders and some are good. For the first time I purchased from Beauty Encounter and received a bottle of fragrance from them today. I have to say that they packaged my bottle of Molinard Heliotrope completely encapsulated in three layers of bubble wrap that fit the box like a glove. Very impressive and great customer service. I will definitely buy from them again. Because they are located in my State I have to pay tax and their prices, though good, are not the lowest I had not bought from them but, the experience I had with their service and packaging makes me feel good about the slightly higher price. Consider me a Happy Camper and for the cynics; no, I don't work for them.

Default Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Wonderful. A tale of good service, Beauty Encounter

I've never had any problems with this company. Definitely recommended.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Default Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Wonderful. A tale of good service, Beauty Encounter

Thank you, Nick, for the post. The best packaging jobs I have seen are from Lucky Scent, Beauty Encounter and Beauty Habit.

One issue with Beauty Encounter, though. I bought a bottle of boxed perfume and the thing came in a BUBBLE ENVELOPE! No kidding!! Someone just threw the box into an envelope! I was slack-jawed. I immediately called the company for two issues; 1) the item was not new stock as a black marker line was drawn through the UPC lines and it had been shrink wrapped. This line has cellophane wrapping on new items, 2) I was not impressed with the shoddy packaging, as Beauty Encounter has always given me cardboard boxes with much bubble wrap over the item. I was given the run-around with the customer service staff about "restocking fees" for 10 minutes until I requested to speak to a manager. The issue was easily rectified and I received a shipping label for return the item a few days later. Perhaps this was packed by additonal holiday staff as I have always had great service with them. I have had 98% good service overall with Beauty Encounter.

With Lucky Scent, 100% satisfaction in great packaging. Ships out the next business day. You can also request a few samples with an order, including specific scents when you check out your order. They usu. include three sample vials per order. They use FedEx.

With Beauty Habit, also 100% satisfaction in great packaging. Ships our next business day. They include samples, but you cannot specify, and it usu. includes skincare items. A personally written note of thanks for each purchase from the warehouse packager is a nice touch. They use UPS.
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th February 2010 at 12:21 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hah! Nice job mate, I've brought twice from www.theperfumecourt.com and they're great!! though what has really impressed me is www.luckyscent.com they scent the perfume straight away and I received it within 1week, that's a distance from America to Australia, good effort! I must demise!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

My score on Beauty Encounter is only average. This past spring I took advantage of a free shipping offer on two perfumes. I received them in only two days and were well packed, but one was incorrect (M7 vs M7 Fresh). I contacted them that afternoon and was told the following day they were sending out the correct perfume and a return shipping label for the wrong item. The replacement item took TWO weeks to arrive because they used the absolute slowest shipping method and without tracking or delivery confirmation. If there were such as thing as 8th class shipping then they used 9th. I think the actual method was USPS Parcel Post. The replacement was poorly packaged upon arrival but luckily in good condition.

I will use them again but only if I do not have an alternative.

I hate to say it but the worst packaging I have to say was from Montale Paris . Unsealed boxes with no packing/bubble wrap just thrown into a flimsy cardboard box with a single piece of newspaper put in the bottom as protective packaging , absolutely dreadful

Lucky Scent is at the top of my list. I just got their Late Winter Special Offer Sample Pack, and it was a great bargain. They always have the listed items in stock, ship promptly, and pack well.

I've been satisfied with Beauty Encounter as well.

The worst packing job I've seen was from Demeter. They just threw unwrapped, unboxed bottles in a cardboard box. Not surprisingly, one of the bottles broke - not a pretty situation. To their credit, they issued a refund.

I've been happy wih Luckyscent, thePerfumeshoppe, and beauty encounter. Prompt service and well run.

Lucky Scent is also at the top of my list.