Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rarely discussed releases by Montale that you hold in high regard

It's common knowledge that Black Oudh, Oudh Cuir dArabie, Red Vetyver, Oudh Lime & Attar are BN favs.. anything else from this line that is your mind is a stunning release?

of the ones i have sampled...
    Blue Amber
    Oudh Ambre

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rarely discussed releases by Montale that you hold in high regard

I really liked Taif Roses when I tested it. Hard to find now.

Post Thanks / Like

Mikeperez,

taif rose is easy to get.

Post Thanks / Like

i love golden oud and original oud
    somhow bithe doenst seem to be popular as black oud and red oud.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Aoud Saffran, maybe not the most original of fragrances (it really is just another take on teh standard rose/aoud/incense formula) but I like the bitter earthiness that the saffron adds to the mix.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

In the non-aoud line I recently sampled Sandflowers and it was like nothing I expected. It is a trully avant garde fragrance that manages to suggest the smell of sand, of suntanned skin with a minimal, totally modern composition that even brings to mind Secretions Magnifiques. Although I am big fan of the aoud line I never before thought that Pierre Montale is a great perfumer. Sandflowers has made me see him in a different light.
    Last edited by cpk; 12th February 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Poire & Aoud Forest

Post Thanks / Like

Poire huh? I have a sample which my wife really liked but when I emailed Montale about purchasing a bottle they sent me the following reply.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Montale fragrances.

Poire is not available. It was just a try but this fragrance will not be launched.
    Best regards,

Pierre, MONTALE Parfums 26 Place Vendôme 75001 Paris France ph: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 44 fax: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 43
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    In the non-aoud line I recently sampled Sandflowers and it was like nothing I expected. It is a trully avant garde fragrance that manages to suggest the smell of sand, of suntanned skin with a minimal, totally modern composition that even brings to mind Secretions Magnifiques. Although I am big fan of the aoud line I never before thought that Pierre Montale is a great perfumer. Sandflowers has made me see him in a different light.
    This sounds fascinating. Must get a sample.
    Vintage Guerlain, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, and other rare off-site sales.
    Frederic Malle, Guerlain, by Kilian, and Amouage splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Original Aoud

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I gotta try the rest of the Montale series it sounds amazing..though Black Aoud Samples are incredibly scarce...

Oh - Well, Hopefully one day some lovely Base-Note Brothers or Sisters can help a fellow associate out :P

ha!

- Love you all!

- Balava!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    This and Soleil de Capri.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    i love golden oud and original oud
    somhow bithe doenst seem to be popular as black oud and red oud.
    +1 on Golden Aoud from Montale. This is my personal favorite of the Montale rose oudh collection. It gets overlooked on Basenotes because it was characterized as feminine and also as "golden" due to the saffron. But, it is very much a rose predominant oud and is very masculine - not too sweet. I think it is finest and most well balanced fragrance of any of its type. The notes as listed on Luckyscent are: Bulgarian rose, geranium bourbon, patchhouli, leather, Jamaican capsicum pepper, aoud, saffron, teak-wood, Moroccan cedar -but nothing is feminine in those notes. Golden Aoud smells most similar to AMAZE by PotL and also quite similar to Midnight Aoud by Juliette has a Gun. These three all have similar notes and yes they all use saffron, but Golden Aoud is my favorite!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 14th February 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Crystal Flowers

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just a general comment: the amount of threads/discussion on Montale has dropped off significantly in the last year or so. Just my impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Crystal Flowers
    OH gosh, I love Crystal Flowers too!
    (But didn't dare say because I'm female and this is the male scent board. I gather any scent with 'Flower' in its name doesn't seem to some members here as a reccomendation for guys.)

It gives me an alcoholic rush, almost like fizzy cognac, before the florals come out.
    Last edited by nikkou; 15th February 2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: wrong html tags *blush*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...bluewillow.gif"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

Post Thanks / Like

Wild Aoud may surpass Aoud Lime as my favorite Aoud scent from Montale, as I am not a rose lover. Then there is my guilty pleasure, Patchouli Leaves, perhaps not a master work, but I haven't found a patchouli/amber fragrance that I like any better.

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Poire huh? I have a sample which my wife really liked but when I emailed Montale about purchasing a bottle they sent me the following reply.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Montale fragrances.

Poire is not available. It was just a try but this fragrance will not be launched.
    Best regards,

Pierre, MONTALE Parfums 26 Place Vendôme 75001 Paris France ph: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 44 fax: +33 (0)1 42 96 97 43
    Does anyone have anymore info on Poire? It's a pure pear scent which sounds interesting. I remember one of the CdG Leaves Series scents being like that and I loved it.

Does anyone have anymore info on Poire? It's a pure pear scent which sounds interesting. I remember one of the CdG Leaves Series scents being like that and I loved it.
    I remember seeing a bottle of it on ebay.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Musk to Musk is pretty good IMO. My lady finds it sexy on me...

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Musk to Musk is pretty good IMO. My lady finds it sexy on me...
    I like this one also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like Pure Gold from the recent "bronze bottle" series. I also have a strong pull towards Sandal Sliver.

Post Thanks / Like

Greyland and Steam Aoud. I actually sprayed some Steam Aoud on my arm last night before bed and kept waking up in the middle of the night, taking deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breathes.
    The Bark Bites Back.

It was only available at the Montale boutique on Place Vendome, on a trial basis for around 3 months if I remember correctly. I just luckily happened to stumble upon it when I was there the last time and picked up two bottles.

Greyland is great. Someone pointed out the similarities with Serge Noire.