Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Saturday 13 February

Good morning!

Another day in Etat Libre d'Orange Divin' Enfant for me.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 13 February

Gaultier2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early riser, tigs!

Just sprayed on some Marc Jacobs Blush, but I think my lil' decant is past its prime. There's an acetone-like sharpness in the topnotes that I do not recall at all; the poor thing may be disintegrating.

Yesterday's was Reminiscence Musc, btw, for our resident numbers man. (Will you believe I almost wrote SMM? Sorry bluesoul)
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Institution

Black Orchid for me.

Have a great new day everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme feels just about right on this pale morning. It's like wearing the softest Suede.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

Mitsouko.

Montale Red Vetiver
    Last edited by Coconut; 13th February 2010 at 08:44 AM.

PG's 10 Aomassai

Fille en Aiguilles suits this cold, crisp morning.
    I am enjoying the development of this scent and
    one hour in it smells beautiful! Soft, spicy pine needles
    with a hint of powder - or maybe my skin turns all scents powdery!!

Eva Pasco

Terranova Gardenia.

Greetings,

May your weekend glow with the love and warmth of Valentine's Day...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A cool 41F at 7AM so I have put my cold weather Geir on today.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I feel prettyyyyyyyyy... Oh, so prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... In Montale Intense Tiaréeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! *sings*

Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrate!

I'm in Green Irish Tweed.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 13 February

Nice weekend everyone

Pierre Montale' s

BLACK AOUD

Notes of : Rose, French Labdanum, Musk, Patchouli, Mandarin Orange, Argwood
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Mitsouko EDP

Pre-VD Indian brunch with chaya and her B. Can't think of a better way to spend the day.
    I'm leaving for Fashion Week in NYC for three days to cover it for FashionTribes.com where I am the new Men's Style Editor.
    Should be fun. I just got my first piece posted there http://bit.ly/aAYcac
    For today I thought I'd wear Estee Lauder's fragrant expression of love for her husband.

Aramis JHL

My new Guerlain Mahora. First full day's wearing (I had put it on in the evening prior). Bringing the tropics to Minnesota (in my mind).
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

After Pilates, it will be Parfum de Therese. one of the most beautiful fragrances that I own. I have only a few sprays left. We consider its replacement a necessary purchase, right?

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Montale Musk to Musk.

Notes include white musk, nutmeg, aoud, teak wood, precious woods, grey amber and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm wearing Nahema today.

It's my son's birthday today, we will celebrate later.

Have a great Saturday!

thierry mugler's cologne summer flash
    Wishlist is pointless.

Good morning! I'm wearing Rose des Bois by profumo.it this morning, and I'm enjoying the anniversary weekend with my husband (7 years). I think we'll do a day trip to Charlottesville tomorrow. There's an old pharmacy there where I can buy old fashioned soaps & toiletries, and our favorite combination wine shop/restaurant as well. That will be our anniversary "treat" this year.

Enjoy the day.

Basenotes Plus

Gung hay fat choy to everyone who celebrates!
    Fleurry, happy birthday to your boy!
    SMM, I don't have to tell you to have a wonderful time with Chaya and B because I know you will. Enjoy! And please hug them for me, won't you?
    Lilybelle, happy anniversary!

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque

Enjoy the day, all!
    Last edited by tdem1961; 13th February 2010 at 01:43 PM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

It's drab and grey out today, so I've thrown on s sunny yellow shirt and spritzed some Lolita Lempicka. There! Much better!

Happy weekend!
    Last edited by mediterranée; 13th February 2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: better color

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Gung hay fat choy to everyone who celebrates!
    Fleurry, happy birthday to your boy!
    SMM, I don't have to tell you to have a wonderful time with Chaya and B because I know you will. Enjoy! And please hug them for me, won't you?
    Lilybelle, happy anniversary!
    Wow tdem, I can only echo your sentiments! (plus a huge "congrats" to the eloquent SMM on the fashion writing gig ~ so cool!)

Still giving Gucci by Gucci a test run, and yes, I still think is smells like a sister (or cousin at the very least) to Lovely by SJP. I had my daughter blind sniff my arm and she said "oh, you're wearing Lovely" ~ see what I mean?! I'm thinking to get some, it's sort of addicting. Plus, it lasts forever! (edp) Hope you all have a great start to this Valentine's weekend!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

SMM, I will insist on collecting your autograph when we meet. “I knew him when …”
    Lilybelle, may charms surround your weekend; your plans sound really lovely. How lucky Mr. Lilybelle is to be married to you.

The husband and daughter are participating in a 5k run this morning, so I have the house to myself. Blessed be! Of course I have to spend the time vacuuming and doing laundry, but I'm going to do it shirtless and smelling of heavy application of Mandragore.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sharing the house with Therese in l'Eau d'Hiver
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Hello everybody!

I'm wearing the exquisite Parfum Prive by La Perla, an incredibly beautiful chypre from the late 90s.

The notes include clementine, magnolia, sandalwood, musk, orchid, freesia, osmanthus, rosehip, ylang-ylang, vetiver, tobacco and oakmoss.

Happy Anniversary, lilybelle! I hope your weekend is filled to the brim with romance and joy!

Afternoon all,

what great plans you all have for the weekend, sounds fun! I'm taking my hubby to the pictures tomorrow as a Valentine's surprise. We're not very sentimental and usually don't celebrate things like wedding anniversary or the day of our engagement, but we've always made a special effort for Valentine's. I'm sort of hoping for a little something as my husband went to Paris last week, and we all know what that means in terms of range. He always carries a wish list full of fragrances from me with him. In any case, we'll celebrate with the kids with a nice family meal and cake, which was a wish from my 5-year-old daughter.

To the point of these ramblings; SoTD is Kingdom.

Wearing the lovely Ferre 20. Sadly, it's been d/c.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Weekend bliss!!!!! To get me jump started, a few sprays of Wazamba by Pd'Empire. Some slightly sweet incense and conifer. The sweetness keeps this unisex, but the notes and feel of it shift a bit masc, which I sometimes like. I feel uber powerful as I clean the house

Blog Entries

Caron - Tabac Blond

The sexiest scent I know. Warm, glorious amber and leather that inspires and delights.

SMM, Congratulations on your new assignment! Well done!
    Last edited by kumquat; 13th February 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Not much going on this morning, wearing the perennially underrated Baldessarini Ambre, the pairing of whiskey and apple makes it distinct, and it's my most consistent compliment-getter. I'm happy that yesterday I got to work two days' worth of SoTD posts and thus have a day off today. We're already at 1,832 entries as of Thursday! We'll be well over 55,000 by the end of the project, and hopefully I don't drive you all crazy before then.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Sotd is C&S #88.

Basenotes Plus

Lots to celebrate today! I'll add my neices' 13th birthday to SMM's new assignment, Lillybelle's anniversary & Fleurrys' family.

SOTD is Ave Luxe Cashmere Musk. So cosy.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Paloma Picasso today (and yesterday, as well). Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    I feel prettyyyyyyyyy... Oh, so prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... In Montale Intense Tiaréeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! *sings*

B- You do indeed smell pretty, but you forgot to twirl! Twirling is essential while singing this song

Gucci ENVY is for me today.

Quand vient la pluie
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Happy weekend to all!

Spent yesterday afternoon in Futur, wore Madini Sahara to bed. Also got a test in of Kilian Pure Oud before my shower.

This morning I spritzed on EL Knowing. Been awhile since I've worn this one.

Q - Shirtless? Does it improve the vacuuming experience?
    Cello- Love Wazamba! Beautiful top note is yummy
    SMM,Chaya and mates: Have a wonderful time!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Donna Karan Black Cashmere after sauna and before bed.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Habit Rouge (vintage Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain

After spending much of the evening last night, reading about Habit Rouge, it seemed almost inevitable to wear it today. I opted for some vintage EdT, which I only own a mini bottle of, as I much prefer the vintage EdC. Nonetheless, I wanted to wear it again to give it another full wearing experience.

Of course, the first thing that jumps out is the insane longevity (4 hours later, it smells like I just sprayed it on!) and the clashing of the vanilla and dusty/powdery resins. It, of course, reminds me of Shalimar - without the animalic civet / bergamot bite.

Those of you who love HR EdT, must do yourselves a favor and smell the vintage juice. What a softer, deeper, richer experience it is.

Congrat's Somerville Metro Man on your new 'position' with Fashiontribes.com - exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    B- You do indeed smell pretty, but you forgot to twirl! Twirling is essential while singing this song
    Oh!! I'm twirling now!!! I still smell sooooooooo gooooooooooooood... I also put a small piece of a sampler strip inside my new scent locket and it still smells powerful!

You all smell yummy today!
    Congratulations SMM, it seems you are up for a good time at brunch today and how wonderful we can read more reviews from you, albeit on a different subject.
    Happy birhtday to Fleurry's son and happy anniversary to lillybelle!

Inspired by the War of the Roses thread, I am wearing Nahema PdT for the first time (I had never even smelled this perfume) from a sample sent to me by a generous, good friend.
    Evenstar

What a fine-smelling bunch! SMM - you never fail to amaze!!

And one of you mentioned this a few posts back and I HAD to scurry out and get it based on the comments here:

And I gotta say I am not disappointed. A curious dry, fern-y opening with rounded, flowery underpinnings. Then there's a sort of saffron/patch thing going on (I really SHOULD check out the notes....) Helas - not much longevity but since I'm home admiring the snow (SNOW???!!!) that's not a problem.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    Q - Shirtless? Does it improve the vacuuming experience?
    Hey, I put some muscle into when I vacuum; plus the sunshine and the woodstove get it pretty hot in here in the morning. But, that's all done now—Yay! I'm showered, and the family's sweaty-stunk-up running clothes are in the washer. I'm kickin' back in Sel de Vetiver + Black Vetyver Cafe AND my honey won a raffle at the 5K, which means we have a bottle of Cabernet chilling on the floor in the back hall. Whoopee!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

After a shared bath with DH (hey it's Valentine's Eve!), enjoying (and A LOT!) FM Carnal Flower... Luckily I got a decent decant of this... Pheewww!!! Because I love it...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Slipping into Caron The Third Man late this afternoon. Whoa! I had totally forgotten just how great this frag is! Bravo!!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Have a lovely anniversary, Lilybelle!

I started the day in Provence Santé Tilleul (linden) but now have Rose des Bois on my left hand and Penhaligon's Bluebell on my right hand.

Sur la Plage

My SOTE is Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir - for Valentine's dinner with my husband.

Notes include Almond, Caraway Spice, Sambac Jasmine, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Vanilla, Musk, Mosses, Jucarunda Wood and Bitter Almond.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Nostalgie, you smell amaaaaaaaaazing

Cozy and lovely in l'Eau Ambree
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere and D&G Anthology La Force 11.

Hope everyone is prepared for Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    After Pilates, it will be Parfum de Therese. one of the most beautiful fragrances that I own. I have only a few sprays left. We consider its replacement a necessary purchase, right?
    Absolutely, Therese. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Antaeusintheair View Post
    My new Guerlain Mahora. First full day's wearing (I had put it on in the evening prior). Bringing the tropics to Minnesota (in my mind).
    Sounds like a great choice, from what I"ve heard about Mahora!

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    ...I'm leaving for Fashion Week in NYC for three days to cover it for FashionTribes.com where I am the new Men's Style Editor...
    Congratulations, SMM!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    ...I'm enjoying the anniversary weekend with my husband (7 years)...
    Congrats to you and hubby, lilybelle!

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Gung hay fat choy to everyone who celebrates!...
    Ditto this! Year of the [grrrrrrowl...] tiger!

I'm doing some sampling today. I THINK what I'm trying are two samples of Dragonfly Blue fragrance oils (Who sent me some profumo.it fragrances with these thrown in? I need to thank you properly and make sure that I know what I'm trying – I have had them for a while!) The samples are labeled Tivoli (a really lovely citrussy blend with, perhaps, some wisteria or hyacinth thrown in?) and Sandalwood. The Sandalwood is just exquisite! I would order some today IF I was sure that it is the Dragonfly Blue and IF I could be sure that the formula is the same as the sample I'm testing.
    Last edited by Haunani; 13th February 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Hey, I put some muscle into when I vacuum; plus the sunshine and the woodstove get it pretty hot in here in the morning. But, that's all done now—Yay! I'm showered, and the family's sweaty-stunk-up running clothes are in the washer. I'm kickin' back in Sel de Vetiver + Black Vetyver Cafe AND my honey won a raffle at the 5K, which means we have a bottle of Cabernet chilling on the floor in the back hall. Whoopee!
    Might have to try it sometime as a workout.

Enjoy the cabernet! Sounds like an early start to V-day to me...
    Last edited by Lessa; 13th February 2010 at 11:20 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Good evening!

My fiance and I are heading out soon for our Valentine's dinner, so I'm going for maximum romance in Guerlain's Chamade vintage extrait, plus a light spritz of the edt - I feel ravishing!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 13th February 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Hey! Where are Twolf and Tang??? I do hope they're not buried in a snowdrift!

Today it was Ormonde Jayne's Ta'if...

... happy to report the date last night was magnificent! Still on cloud nine. Now I have to go through the beautiful torment of waiting for him to call...

I'm wearing my Valentine's present today. I got it last night, the night it came in the mail, because my sweet husband can't wait to give me his gifts. So I've never gotten anything on the actual day, though we are getting better about Christmas. You know what, though? There is never a bad time to get a present. ;D

Davidoff Cool Water Woman Wave (henceforth known as CWWW, or Wave.)

His tastes run the exact opposite of mine. He loves light, citrus, and aquatic (the latter of which I explained to him last night..). He digs Tabu and Tabac Blond, and has slowly come around on 22. But he picked this one because he wants to smell me in it. I think that is so romantic. He also thought the bottle looked cool.

This is the first time I've ever worn an aquatic (unless UJALM counts, which I suppose it does, what else could it be? ). I can't pick out the notes yet because this genre is so unfamiliar to my nose, but I think I detect something green in here. A couple reviewers on its BN page say mellon, also, but not very sweet. I'm looking forward to further exploring this uncharted territory.

It was FM Lipstick Rose for me today.

Emma

I seem to be back into a Hypnotic Poison groove. And listening to Queen...somehow the two are related
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I wore Kai perfume oil.