Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: best oud = agarwood scents ???

From this day forward, I will recommend Ajmal's Lujain to anyone looking for an introduction to oud, especially the stinky kind.
    I don't know if there is real oil inside or not (they claim it's real, cultivated) but I don't care. It smells very good, and it's very affordable.

Green, tart, hay and fecal.
    45 bucks for 25ml edp

any other suggestions?

The smell of oud varies and can be very harsh, and sometimes not so much so. I've tried many from Montale's Aoud line and a few other ouds from other houses. As far as Montale goes, I really enjoy White Aoud (saffron/oud) and Black Aoud (roses/oud). I recently tried Royal Oud by Creed which was also very pleasant. I think it is just a matter of getting your hands on some samples and giving them a test run.

First of all with respect commarades oud is nearly vanishing by masssive poching untill the aragrwood specie has been included in Cites appendix.
    Second,oud oil can be distilled from infected part of the tree which occurs by the time.
    Thirdly,Agarwood trees are being infected synthetically to produce more fragrant material.
    What we may have as ouds todays are as follows:
    1/Oud oils made from low quality agarwoods .They are on sale as true agarwood oils however they are not because the oil being distilled is not mainly from infected part.
    2/Synthetic oud oils which are Agarwood bases meant to reconstitute Agarwood scent.They are made generally from Aroma chemicals.
    3/Agarwood reconstitutions The most famous of them are Givaudin's Black agar and Fermenich oud Blend
    Widely used by french Perfume houses to make their floral orientals or so called ouds destned to the western markets.
    4/ Arcadi boix Camps agarwood oils which better then the two latters .He spent around 30 years on research of agarwood captive moleculesto end up reconstituing many oud oils by almost 95 percent.
    5/True artisanal oud oil ,which is found in small batches or amounts made by a very few local distillators and adventurous entrepreneus like ensaroud.It is costful however it merits for its originality.

M7 aphrodisiatic compain and and weird brief "Torrid,male,and extremly sexy"made Note that is quality is known by connesseurs only and the are
    Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas, use Karanal boosted by mandarine with bitter and sweet facettes of myrrhe ,a cherry twist which remind me of le Boxeuses of the dreamer Serge Lutens. A a fumugating caramal note évoquing the fume of oud with hints of castoréum and indole to round it well .
    An impolite marketing compain.
    A well recieved perfume.
    an untrue oud by the end.
    French perfumery .

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed1988 View Post
    First of all with respect commarades oud is nearly vanishing by masssive poching untill the aragrwood specie has been included in Cites appendix.
    Second,oud oil can be distilled from infected part of the tree which occurs by the time.
    Thirdly,Agarwood trees are being infected synthetically to produce more fragrant material.
    What we may have as ouds todays are as follows:
    1/Oud oils made from low quality agarwoods .They are on sale as true agarwood oils however they are not because the oil being distilled is not mainly from infected part.
    2/Synthetic oud oils which are Agarwood bases meant to reconstitute Agarwood scent.They are made generally from Aroma chemicals.
    3/Agarwood reconstitutions The most famous of them are Givaudin's Black agar and Fermenich oud Blend
    Widely used by french Perfume houses to make their floral orientals or so called ouds destned to the western markets.
    4/ Arcadi boix Camps agarwood oils which better then the two latters .He spent around 30 years on research of agarwood captive moleculesto end up reconstituing many oud oils by almost 95 percent.
    5/True artisanal oud oil ,which is found in small batches or amounts made by a very few local distillators and adventurous entrepreneus like ensaroud.It is costful however it merits for its originality.

M7 aphrodisiatic compain and and weird brief "Torrid,male,and extremly sexy"made Note that is quality is known by connesseurs only and the are
    Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas, use Karanal boosted by mandarine with bitter and sweet facettes of myrrhe ,a cherry twist which remind me of le Boxeuses of the dreamer Serge Lutens. A a fumugating caramal note évoquing the fume of oud with hints of castoréum and indole to round it well .
    An impolite marketing compain.
    A well recieved perfume.
    an untrue oud by the end.
    French perfumery .
    Very interesting and helpful post Mohamed. Thank you!

I'm not very much into oud (to be honest, I find it a difficult note to appreciate), but among the things I do have, I'd probalby say TDC Oud Shamash or the obvious Montale Black Aoud. On a sidenote, I've noticed that my GF, who is not into fragrances at all, enjoys the smell of oud on me more than I enjoy wearing it (she loves both of the above)...

Oud Wood, hands down!

TDC OUD Shamash or Montale black oud all these ouds meant to reintroduce the west to the mystic oud oils However in fact they were destined to the middle eastern markets where oud is deeply rooted in perfuming traditions.
    Few where the perfumery houses which used real agarwood oil in their so called oud verisons and one of the latters TDC OUD Shamash which used a low quality Oud butter from Laos costing more than 14000 Euros per Kilo and sold by biolandes france company .
    I have tried the Laos oud butter once and it was absolutely stinky and I am sure that it is in very low quantity in OUD Shamash for three reasons:
    1/Cost reduction purpose.
    2/Risk of corrupting the blind,and for this reason it was over layed by spices,rose ,nagramotha(cypriol),vanilla,Toulou Balsam,and ambry notes.
    3/TDC's engagement for quality ingredients which I do respect.
    OUD butters are always different than oud oils and oud oils are also different in qualties.Even oud oils from different places ,Combodian,Laos,Assam, differ in nuances.
    True oud oils ar genuine and very smooth in scent they cannot be hated even if one does not like woody scents,and as for Bertrand Duchafour made an acceptable woody oriental but the name of the creation is a bit weird . Shamash god of the sun by Akkadians in mesopotamia.
    If it was named OUD Laos it was to be better recieved.

Creative directors are sometimes weird.

For ajmal they have a luxury range which I did not tested however I doubt all the rest of their ranges will include Givaudin's Fermenich'sand symrise's oudy bases as Ajmal admitted.
    We need to know that oud oil is e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e and quantities are not so important.
    An honest oud introduction is a bit expensive ut it merits if one have extra and extra monies.
    https://ensaroud.com/product/ultimate-oud-sampler/189
    The only OUD oils I trust to buy although they are very expensive.
    This man is doing a good job and he is among the last oud connesseurs.