Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Jo Malone Red Roses Chronicle: 4 bottles, includes mint, ice rose & honeycomb

RRFC seems to have entered the marketplace without much fanfare (meaning, Now Smell This didn't announce it). There's one review at MUA, and the reviewer gives this $95 package five stars.

The description: The Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle™ contains Red Roses Cologne 30ml, Moroccan Mint Leaf Cologne Accord 9ml, Ice Rose Cologne Accord 9ml and the Honeycomb Cologne Accord 9ml and comes creatively packaged in a story book gift box.

That Moroccan Mint Leaf sounds especially desirable.

Has anyone seen this at Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman or Saks?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Jo Malone Red Roses Chronicle: 4 bottles, includes mint, ice rose & honeycomb

My nose pricked up at the Morrocan Mint Leaf as well. Have not seen those yet, but will be looking.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 13th February 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: Jo Malone Red Roses Chronicle: 4 bottles, includes mint, ice rose & honeycomb

I did see some scattered rose petals on the display window of the local J Malone boutique. I didn't get a closer look though. Perhaps they are promoting these... But the Ice Rose Cologne sounds interesting to me.

Basenotes Institution

You are not the only one who's interested was piqued when they heard about this Quarry. Every time I pass by a Jo Malone counter, I stop by to see if they stock this. The SA's look at me like I'm crazy. I believe there is a JM store, in Aventura Mall now. Next time I am there, I will make it a point to drop in and see if they have it.

I love these small, limited edition, story-of-a-scent thingies. They also have one for their Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 13th February 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Rose + mint? Sounds a bit like Rosine Diabolo Rose. I'll have to smell it at Saks one of these weekends!

Blog Entries

These are limited editions that come out at Christmas time. But they skipped last year. They were exclusive to Neimans in SF.

There's one for Pomegranate Noir, too, that I was eyeing. If I remember correctly, the ancillary scents were raspberry, cedar, and pepper.

EDIT: 30Roses, if you haven't sniffed Red Roses, you're missing out. It's a good one!
    Last edited by rogalal; 14th February 2010 at 04:12 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    EDIT: 30Roses, if you haven't sniffed Red Roses, you're missing out. It's a good one!
    I have not smelled it-- our Saks doesn't have it.

Edited on 1/26/11: Have tried Red Roses in the past year, now that our local Nordstrom carries Malone; it's not for me.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 27th January 2012 at 12:17 AM.

The description:[I] The Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle™ contains Red Roses Cologne 30ml, Moroccan Mint Leaf Cologne Accord 9ml, Ice Rose Cologne Accord 9ml and the Honeycomb Cologne Accord 9ml and comes creatively packaged in a story book gift box.

The Nordstrom website has the set but instead of the 9ml Moroccan Mint & the 9ml Ice Rose, there's Scarlet Rose and Sweet Lemon (I'm guessing the same Sweet Lemon that came out with the limited edition Tea Scents last year.

Moroccan Mint sounds nice...

I had the Pom Noir one ages ago. Arga wood,Raspberry and Casablanca lily.
    DONNA