Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD: Happy New Year!!! Year of the Tiger!!! 14 February 2010 ... And Happy Valentine also :)

... All is full of Love ...

Default Re: SotD: Happy New Year!!! Year of the Tiger!!! 14 February 2010 ... And Happy Valentine also :)

Happy Chinese New Year to you, too! My girlfriend is a Tiger.

(I'm a Rat...)

We're spending the day in San Francisco tomorrow, and I will be wearing Le No. 3 de Caron.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 13th February 2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD: Happy New Year!!! Year of the Tiger!!! 14 February 2010 ... And Happy Valentine also :)

I'm a cock. I mean, rooster. Yea, Chinese New Year is in full effect in this household. It was nice and sunny out so I wore YSL M7 Fresh. I haven't worn it in a while because it smelled sorta medicinal when I first started, but nowadays, it only reminds me of a bolder Hugo XY.

Edit: I got all confused because this was posted on Saturday morning (in my area). Today, I'm going to give Guerlain L'Instant a whirl. I've only sprayed it on my wrist and I thought it was okay, but it wasn't a fair assessment because I couldn't recall what it smelled like, I just knew I wouldn't mind wearing it.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 14th February 2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Wrong day. M7 Fresh was actually on Saturday.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

恭喜发财

Russ and I are both Dog Year people. Arf!
    Last edited by JaimeB; 13th February 2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Dependent

Water Pig signing in! Happy Lunar New Year to all who celebrate! May the year of the Tiger be a blessed and prosperous one to you! GONG XI FA CAI!

CREED
    Silver Mountain Water

Kung Hei Fat Choy to all from Hong Kong!

Amouage Homage today - my lucky scent

Happy Valentines Day! I'm going to start my day with Guerlain Vetiver.

Default Re: S o t D - Sunday, 14th February 2010

La Voile Rouge by Jeanne Arthes

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Habit Rouge EDP - Guerlain
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Donna Karan Black Cashmere
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Montale Black Aoud

Bond No9 Silver Factory in the morning; Creed GIT prior to going out for the evening

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens
    Douce Amère
    (2000)
    Christopher Sheldrake
    Oriental

------------------
    Top Notes: Absinth, Anise
    Middle Notes: Cinnamon, Tiare Flower, Jasmine, Lily,
    Base Notes: Chocolate Note, Vanilla, Musk, Cedar
    ------------------

"Bittersweet" indeed. Bitter wormwood (absinthe); sweet anise, cinnamon, tiaré flower, jasmine, lily, and vanilla; bittersweet chocolate note; then inedible powdery musk and woody cedar. What lingers on me is the opening of wormwood and anise, hauntingly filtered through the inedible base notes. I sprayed a tiny bit on my hand early one afternoon, and it remained in a subtle whisper of this four-note chord when I woke up the following morning. It is quiet, but not shy; soft, but not yielding. And now, it is being discontinued. Get it while you still can.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 14th February 2010 at 05:38 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Thanks chocolateguy, he gave me last night !!! Along with 20ml of Red Aoud as well.

Last edited by ohhmygod; 14th February 2010 at 06:18 AM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Gong Xi Fa Chai

Another Water pig here.

YSL L'Homme
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Wood Dragon here...

I actually have 2 more Guerlain fragrances in my wardrobe to go through to complete my little Guerlain Binge!

Sunday (Happy New Year!!) is Philtre d'Amour
    Last edited by mrclmind; 14th February 2010 at 06:49 AM.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

For this special day, I'm wearing Paco 1 Million.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Chanel - Antaeus

Basenotes Plus

L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Well, Happy New Year and Happy Valentines! (I'm a monkey, btw.)

Sotd: Chanel – Cuir de Russie edt

Le Parfum de Thérèse
    Wishlist is pointless.

Happy VD and Happy Chinese New Year!

Wearing Soivohle Oudh Lacquer.

Have a Stunning Sunday.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post

... All is full of Love ...
    The same here!

SOTE

Creed Virgin Island Water

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

The red rose chypre, Ungaro's Diva this morning. Later, who knows?
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

which brings me
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille today.

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès (2003, Jean-Claude Ellena)

Serge Lutens Rousse

Serge Lutens Gris Clair...

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Montale Black Aoud. Happy Valentine's Day! Happy New Year!

Notes include red rose, aoud, labdanum and sandalwood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Happy new year of the Tiger!

Wearing Quorum for valentine's day since it is my wife's favourite.
    I love cologne.

Happy New Year!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Town & Country
    by Crown Perfumery

Sadly discontinued, Town & Country was introduced in 1925.
    It is a crisp mossy masculine chypre with notes of clary sage, lavender,
    rosemary, wild thyme and musk.

It shares a number of notes with Blenheim Bouquet and
    is often compared to it. While I also have and love
    Blenheim Bouquet, Town & Country seems a little deeper
    and mossier and, to my nose, is the superior of the two.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Lalique pour Homme

Tom Ford Amber Absolute again

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Year of the Snake child here. I am in Bond No.9 Chinatown today in celebration of the Year of the Tiger!

Last edited by kbe; 14th February 2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Romance Silver

Busy doing DIY today so no valentine frag, however I do smell of post-shave distilled witch hazel. Which is a little bit funky.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

SotE:

Cerruti 1881 Intense
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dior Homme

Kouros....YSL
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Guerlain Shalimar EdP
    ~Mark~

Penhaligon's Neroli

Tommy Bahama for Men!

Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
    by Cacharel

Top Notes: Lavender, Lemon, Bergamot .
    Middle Notes: Nutmeg, Geranium, Carnation.
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Musk

Prada Infusion d'Homme
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Last night to bed was MPG Santal Noble. We're heading to brunch now and I put on Le Labo Rose 31 and a single shot of L'Erbolario China.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

BLACK AOUD Montale

..... to a concert of Schubert's B-flat Major and E-flat Major piano trios.

Basenotes Institution

Rose 31 by Le Labo (thanks NEoTY26)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir

Just like Brainpower 1972, Chanel Antaeus and like two fellow posters on this board I'm a water pig too, so happy new year!

Chic - Carolina Herrera

Montale Royal Aoud. After nearly three months of not reaching for Royal Aoud, I am wearing it two days in a row: it is odd that I reach for any scent two days in a row! While it is a touch medicinal on top, I find the drydown to be very sensual and very satisifying.

I'm a monkey. SOTD: Knize Forest. SOTE: Fille en Aiguilles (from a sample).

Dior Homme Intense for me

Santa Maria Novella
    Peau d'Espagne
    Last edited by ajmc; 14th February 2010 at 06:00 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Paul & Joe Bleu today.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Armani Privé Eau de Jade