Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Green Valley and Original Vetiver.

I own Original Vetiver, and it`s one of the best green fragrances i ever smelled. I have never tested out Green Valley. What is the main difference between those two? Which one do you think is the best? Are they very different?

Default Re: Creed Green Valley and Original Vetiver.

Hello!

Yes, they are very different. Green Valley smells like the name, it smells like clean cut grass (inspired by Golf) and doesn't have the smoothed off feel that GIT has. I think OV is a wonderful fragrance, but almost too much citrus IMO. If you like a more natural smelling green fragrance and don't mind that more natural light bitterness, then you'll really enjoy Green Valley.
    Please visit my videos! NY Fragrance Blog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYFragranceBlog

Post Thanks / Like

As jcepiano said, OV is quite citrusy. Green Valley is as natural a green as you can find IMO.

I'm a HUGE fan of Green Valley, it's Creed's most underrated fragrance by a mile.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, but prefer Green Valley much more. It has hints of mint and black currant, rounded out by a touch of vanilla in the base - so while it's "green", it also has a lot of other things going on with it. I think it's one of the more underrated modern Creeds that is often overlooked for whatever reason.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be in the minority thus far in this thread. I love OV because it's the greenest scent I have ever smelled. Green Valley, on the other hand, though it does have some greenness to it, I do NOT like. I don't like it because to me it smells too much like the mid-1990s styled light "fresh" scents like Eau d'Issey and Acqua di Gio with a green touch. I am not a fan at all of this type of fragrance.

On a positive note though, I will say that even though I don't like Green Valley, I can immediately tell that it is made of top notch ingredients. Not a cheap smell to be found in it. It does smell "expensive".

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack this thread, but does Green Valley last?

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are nothing alike. I prefer OV. Green Valley reminds me of aspects of Green Irish Tweed (violet leaf) and Silver Mountain Water (black currant).
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 14th February 2010 at 01:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    They are nothing alike. I prefer OV. Green Valley reminds me of aspects of Green Irish Tweed (violet leaf) and Silver Mountain Water (black currant).
    Very much agreed, I always thought that it reminded me of both of those.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I have both which are quite different. My preference is for Green Valley.

I own both and like them very much.....between the 2 Green Valley is the best.....Just a better scent all around.
    Gary

I do love Original Vetiver especially in the hot summer when it mixes in with your sweat and you project that soapy citrus fragrance. Thats when for me this scent really shines and when I go on holiday to a hot country this is what I will be packing. Have not tried Green Valley as its been discontinued where I'm from.

Post Thanks / Like

Maby Green Valley is more like Guerlain Vetiver?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcepiano View Post
    Hello!

Yes, they are very different. Green Valley smells like the name, it smells like clean cut grass (inspired by Golf) and doesn't have the smoothed off feel that GIT has. I think OV is a wonderful fragrance, but almost too much citrus IMO. If you like a more natural smelling green fragrance and don't mind that more natural light bitterness, then you'll really enjoy Green Valley.
    As he puts it, Green Valley was inspired by Golf and fresh cut grass or so I was told by the lady and Saks. However, to me it smells a little like Toborome Imperial with a little fresh grass added to it. However if you are looking for a fresh-clean grass smell, I would suggest Bond No9 Central Park.

I really like OV and Green Valley. As a matter of fact, they are some of my favorites Creed frags. You cannot go wrong with either one. I would probably add MI, Himalaya, and Toborome Imperial to this list. As far as Mountain Water and Virgin Island, I found them to be great scents but lacking in the longivity area.
    My next buys will be Original Vetiver, Millisime Imperial, and Central Park. I am going to wait until I have finished one of my present frags before I buy Green Valley unless I find it at a great price.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Although Green Valley has wonderful notes, I find OV much more wearable and thus the superior fragrance. i also believe it has better longevity and projection.

i think green valley and the vetiver made in 1948 smell very similar. compare the two and tell me if i am right or if i am just crazy.

I haven't smelled Green Valley yet but I have smelled Original Vetiver. It's a really good vetiver with a great neroli note. It's very similar to Mugler Cologne to which I prefer though, along with the price tag!
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I find green valley to be almost exactly like green irish tweed except more bitter and lacking in fleeting florals.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I haven't smelled Green Valley yet but I have smelled Original Vetiver. It's a really good vetiver with a great neroli note. It's very similar to Mugler Cologne to which I prefer though, along with the price tag!
    sharp picture man, back to the topic if you like orig vetiver you should smell the first vetiver and compare the two, the first one is a bit stronger vetiver and i prefer it over the new vetiver. As far as green valley i do not like the bitterness that it has, GIT smells more pleasing to the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    sharp picture man, back to the topic if you like orig vetiver you should smell the first vetiver and compare the two, the first one is a bit stronger vetiver and i prefer it over the new vetiver. As far as green valley i do not like the bitterness that it has, GIT smells more pleasing to the nose.
    Unfortunately, the Neiman Marcus here doesn't have testers for Green Valley or the older Vetiver and they're stiffs about not giving you samples. (Which is the reason I spend more time in Saks and Nordstroms). GIT is a great scent and I've found out I don't like "really" green fragrances that are typically pretty sharp so I suppose Green Valley would be no different. I suppose popularity speaks quite a bit with Creeds since it's definitely not a money issue about which one people buy.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Unfortunately, the Neiman Marcus here doesn't have testers for Green Valley or the older Vetiver and they're stiffs about not giving you samples. (Which is the reason I spend more time in Saks and Nordstroms). GIT is a great scent and I've found out I don't like "really" green fragrances that are typically pretty sharp so I suppose Green Valley would be no different. I suppose popularity speaks quite a bit with Creeds since it's definitely not a money issue about which one people buy.
    call different saks stores around they should have samples

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve now tested Green Valley (from a sample), and it was like I expected.. To bitter for my taste. I like it smoother. O-V is better!

I find Original Vetiver, while a great scent, to be way too linear. I remember someone on the site putting it perfectly as "you put it on and it just SITS there".

Green Valley has more complexion, more richness, and yes, more of the "Creed note" that you may or may not be a fan of. I am. Green Valley wins.

Post Thanks / Like

What are you guys smelling? There's nothing bitter about Green Valley, in fact, OV is FAR more bitter.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense