Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Tobacco scent with best sillage and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post
    La Via del Profumo has yet another "tobacco" by the name of Chillum which features tobacco and sandalwood (and this is mysore sandalwood). As I own a small bottle of Tabac and a large sample of Chillum, it is easy to notice a certain similarity between the two - and both are of equal quality in terms of scent and wearability IMO. So, for those looking for a good "tobacco", I'd recommend Tabac or Chillum. For those looking for a very good "sandalwood", I'd recommend Chillum.
    Thank you, Delmar! Chillum - good to know!
    My undivided respect for the quality of these perfumes hasn't helped to get me further involved. That's why I quoted someone elses review. I do think AA's creations deserve being well known.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I am leaning towards sampling Fougere Bengale and was seduced by this description on the French Web site: "A blonde tobacco fougere...prized by dandies."

I want sillage AND longevity and my experience with this line (Cuir Ottoman) usu. has both.

I know that Cuir Ottoman can be had in the 50 ml and the 100 ml sizes, but I find that some places (U.S. niche dealers) do not carry 50 ml in the Fougere Bengale. The French site says both sizes are available. ???
    Last edited by Primrose; 15th February 2010 at 11:29 PM.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Vintage Tabarome or Odori if you want loose Cuban Tobacco leaves.
    But neither are floral or gourmand at all for TS
    Tobacco Vanille if you want sweetened Pipe Tobacco with some gourmand dried fruits and cocoa.
    Tobacco Vanille lasts well into the next day.

Honorable mention to some non-niche scents gourmand/floral pipe-tobacco scents:
    Demeter Whiskey Tobacco (easily the best of all Demeter's Pipe Tobaccos, sweet and lasting)
    Bogart Pour Homme (cherry Pipe Tobacco mixed with fresh leafy/floral notes and oakmoss, lasts forever)
    Last edited by DULLAH; 15th February 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I am leaning towards sampling Fougere Bengale and was seduced by this description on the French Web site: "A blonde tobacco fougere...prized by dandies."

I want sillage AND longevity and my experience with this line (Cuir Ottoman) usu. has both.

I know that Cuir Ottoman can be had in the 50 ml and the 100 ml sizes, but I find that some places (U.S. niche dealers) do not carry 50 ml in the Fougere Bengale. The French site says both sizes are available. ???
    Usually retailers only carry 100ml bottles. the official sites sells both. I am a big fan of FB, CO and Equistrius

3 more votes for:

Havana
    Tabarome
    Michael Kors
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 16th February 2010 at 12:19 AM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I'll third this choice. Just lasts forever and smells great. Not floral or gourmand, Primrose, but give it a shot !
    Number four for Acqua di Cuba - no question about it.

Fille en Aiguilles, what about this parfume? Is it a Tobacco scent with best sillage and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    Fille en Aiguilles, what about this parfume? Is it a Tobacco scent with best sillage and longevity?
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancere...rance/26131037

Bogart Pour Homme its cherry tobacco.

Cuba Gold has a tobacco dry down.

And off course, tobacco vanille. Ultra sweet tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus View Post
    Number four for Acqua di Cuba - no question about it.
    I am drawn to tobacco scents, and I have tried most of the ones mention. Agree with this. Easily the most convincing cigar tobacco.

I'm surprised there has been only a couple of mentions of Bogart Pour Homme on this thread. I mean, the guy wants "more bang for his buck" tobacco! What request could scream this fragrance's name any louder?

you mentioned you were also looking for a floral leather,
    so how about molinard - habanita if you don't already have it

Try Gabriela Sabatini, (womens) 1989.
    Donīt be put off by the fact itīs listed as a womens fragrance. Itīs very masculine. Itīs a well crafted cherry pipe tobacco fragrance with a touch of rich plum. It has great silliage and longtivity. The great thing is that it is very inexpensive. You should be able to find it very cheaply on the net.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Blog Entries

Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Scent Studios.

Temperament by Franck Olivier

I think Amouage tribute attar has a really smokey scent that lasts about two days. The tiny sample I received was good for about three wearing because it only takes two dabs. One on each wrist..

My favorite absolute and absolute favorite tobacco scent is from Soivohle Studio (Liz Zorn) - it is called MEERCHAUM. This is a very potent absolute perfume oil of tobacco and a leathery leafy green underbelly. It comes as an absolute oil and only takes the brush of a drop or two - the finest tobacco fragrance I've tried.

^that sounds amazing.

I can't echo the support for TF's Tobacco Vanille - it's awful. Powerful overwhelmingly sweet vanilla and tobacco plantation strength tobacco leaf. The two notes rape your olfactory lobes without any remorse. It's one of the few fragrances I have genuinely felt nauseous wearing.

Bogart pour homme? Yes
    Burberry London? Yes
    Michael Kors? Of course (no pun intended)
    Acqua di Cuba? Si senor.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Try Alt Innsbruck for a nice take on tobacco.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'm a huge Tobaco Vanille fan.

I smelled Michael Kors for Men twice today on 2 different people. I don't own it, but dammit I think it smells awesome and will purchase it soon.

Realities which I guess is called the poor man's D&G Pour Homme...has a nice tobacco note.

I have one called Tobacco Latino by Monotheme. Very inexpensive at Perfumania. Very much a pipe tobacco fragrance.

I love Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris but don't own it yet.

Havana is a huge tobacco bomb with awesome sillage and longevity and drydown.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Basenotes Member

Definitely recommend Bogart Pour Homme - Cherry Tobacco & Vanilla - great stuff!!!

Old thread, but get your hands on some Czech & Speake Cuba--vintage if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    3 more votes for:

Havana
    Tabarome
    Michael Kors
    y is ther no mention of balderssarini by hugo boss , the top note is tobacco .. what is wrong with u ppl