Code of Conduct
    PawelL

Default Giorgio For Men Projection

Hello,

Could anybody please explain what is the longevity/projection of the re-launched Giorgio For Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills?
    It's not available here in Poland, so I cannot test it.
    I'm considering a purchase, and I remember it was like a fragrant bomb when I used to wear it in the early 1990s.
    I mean, is it comparable to Kouros, RL Polo or Joop! Homme, in terms of 'power'?

Can you help?

Love and respect,
    P

Default Re: Giorgio For Men Projection

It has ample power. It lasts all day and I get mostly patchouli & leather. Projection is good but it wont rival joop or kouros. My point is this.. you will not be disappointed!!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

It's one of the strongest fragrances I own. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    It's one of the strongest fragrances I own. It has great sillage and longevity on my skin.
    Most definitely. It is not a wimpy fragrance and would not be described as light/ethereal - thankfully.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 14th February 2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

PawelL

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Most definitely. It is not a wimpy fragrance - thankfully.

Thank you!
    More opinions welcome.
    Love,
    P

* eee oooo , eeee oooo , eeee ooooo , *
    paging two roads , paging two roads , can you pick up two roads !

((((((((( ))))))))))))))))

Seriously , this is a stellar frag , a classic , like petruccij said its not light or ethereal .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Thanks for the shoutout, Dimi!

RoteRosen PM'd me about this but I would be glad to restate it here:

"...you will not have any worries about the longevity and sillage of Giorgio. A few sprays will last all day. I still get compliments long after I think the fragrance has faded away."

After many many fragrances, Giorgio for Men is still number one in my wardrobe.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I never found Giorgio had a problem with projection, it's definitely a powerhouse! I found it similar to Givenchy Gentleman, with the heavy doses of patchouli and leather, but found that it had more citrus and carnation. It's an excellent scent nonetheless.

Excellent indeed, this is a very good strong, rich EDT

Lieber Herrn RoteRosen:

I am a Flight Attendant with a major US carrier, and I had an extremely positive experience with Giorgio for Men on a flight a flight from Chicago to Munich last month. I spayed on 2 shots of Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills to the chest, one shot to each forearm (covered by a long sleeve poly/cotton cut and sewn shirt), and one shot to each backhand and then dabbed to the opposite sides of the neck. I worked Business Class galley on a Boeing 777, which means that I am in the galley 90% of the time cooking meals and setting up everything. I applied the Giorgio at 1300 hours, and walked into the aisle in Business Class after the main meal service when the dessert/fruit and cheese cart went out at 2100 (8 hours later), and a very elegantly dressed full-fare Arab passenger flagged me down from around 4 meters away in a window seat (my first time in the aisle all evening) and said, "what perfume are you wearing?" I initially thought, how in the world could he smell and single me out since I had been so far away from the action setting everything up (and both of my female co-workers working the aisles smelled lightly of frags), so I said, "I'm sorry if I applied too much." He said, "No, no, it's wonderful. It's absolutely wonderful! What is it?" So I wrote it down for him. The strange thing is that I later asked my two aisle attendants if they could smell me, and both of them said "Yes," but ONLY AFTER I mentioned it to them. Giorgio apparently has sillage like no other, and thankfully it apparently smells "wonderful!" Either our sophisticated Arab passenger either has a real good nose, or I over-applied - or both. Giorgio for Men is truly wonderful stuff!!! It has become one of my favorites since it has massive sillage and longevity, yet it apparently does not overwhelm. 5 stars to Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills!!!

Giorgio For Men is a really weak scent. I'd rank it right up there with Kouros and Quorum in terms of pure wimpiness.

All right, shamu....I give up!

LMFAO Shamu1

Having just purchased Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men I have to say I'm impressed by both the quality of the fragrance and its staying power and projection. I have worn it 3 days in a row now!! I find it very more-ish and although it isn't the typical thing I usually go for I am enjoying it immensely!!

Having 'discreetly' tested it in my office by spraying a very small amount on my left wrist I ended up discovering its power immediately!I couldn't smell anything else all day - it completely overpowered the 4-5 sprays of Gucci PH 2 which I'd applied earlier that morning!

The trick with the Giorgio is a spray on the chest and a small one on each wrist but no more - this will last all day and will still be on your clothes the next!! It is not as linear as some would have you believe changing lots in the first few hours and drying down into a warm, luxurious, ambery glow.

Great stuff!