Code of Conduct

Default wrapping up: a novice's next steps -

Well, I've been here a grand total of 3 days - and I came with a pretty thin background:
    Old Spice for knocking around the house and my small village; Canoe and Grey Flannel as utility players; Royal Copenhagen for dinner out and Eau Sauvage for special occasions.

With guidance from Basenotes posters, I think try Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur as a new utility player for the office or light social situations. And, to fulfill higher aspirations, something to supplement (or even replace) Eau Sauvage: Monsieur de Givenchy for summer day-dates; Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain Habit Rouge and Tiffany for Men for dressier evenings.

This should occupy me for the next 5 years, at least. Thanks all for your help (I'll stick around the neighborhood, just to keep informed).

Default Re: wrapping up: a novice's next steps -

Welcome to Basenotes, WNY-guy ! I hope you will enjoy the forum. I think your choices for enlarging your wardrobe are all good ones. Please let me put in a special recommendation for Tiffany for Men - it's one of the best in my collection. Now, don't be shy, and let us know how you and your new additions are getting along. - TricsMan

Excellent choices! Monsieur de Givenchy is fantastic, but it took me three or four wearings to figure out all the parts of it and that it was there on me even late into the day. If any of the new scents seem weird at first, fear not, because after a few days wearing them they can teach you more about what they offer.

But nothing is sure fire, of course. But the choices are very wise. We'll look forward to hearing how the new stuff works. It's really wonderful to try new things and change up too! Lucky you.
    Best.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Try wearing Tiffany for Men casually, you may be surprised with how much joy it can bring you on an otherwise regular day.

I'll further extend the Basenotes welcome, WNY_guy. You're really setting the bar high with your choices, all undisputed classics. Habit Rouge is one of my all-time favorites. I look forward to your impressions of it and the others.

I agree about wearing Tiffany for more than just formal nights out. It works with jeans too... But then I think anything really can work with any situation if you want it to.

Monsieur de Givenchy and Guerlain Habit Rouge are very good choices.

Sur la Plage

Tiffany for Men is an EXCELLENT choice!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread