Code of Conduct

Default "Atleier Cologne" line at Neiman Marcus

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...avAction=index

I sampled quickly these and the citrus ones I kind of liked. Came away with some samples of the Orange Sanguine so will have to try it this weekend sometime...

I was told this line is "all natural"

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Atleier Cologne" line at Neiman Marcus

I sniffed them yesterday. Somehow, all four of them are built around a house accord of neroli mixed with orange blossom. I'm curious to see what you think after a full wearing.

My favorite was the oolong tea one, but I'm not a huge orange blossom fan, so I didn't try it on.

I'd like to know everyones' thoughts, because they kind of struck me as more like B&BW or L'Ociatane scents than like $160 niche scents. But if I'm missing something and they really are good, I'll have to make a point of trying them.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

The SA I spoke with said they were Van Cleef and Arpels. I liked one kinda but I only received a sample of the Orange Sanguine, which is kind of too sweet for me.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

oh really? they were by the van cleef and arpels and of course it's Atelier not Atleier I think!

and I should have pressed for neroli samples!

The SA said she had no samples, then grudgingly gave me the Orange Sanguine sample... in her drawer there seemed to be a lot of samples. I expressed interest in another one I don't remember but all she gave me was the Orange Sanguine.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

yeah and it's not so great really, perfumey and fades very quickly...

Wasn't all that impressed. Oolong smelled like Bvlgari Pour Homme. I almost went for the Orange, but I couldn't put my finger on what it smelled like until I was half-way home: John Varvatos Artisan. The Bois Blond was interesting, but ultimately too light for a brand bragging about 15-20 concentration.

The Van Cleef line was much more interesting - though a lot pricier with regards to 6.7oz vs 2.5oz.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    The SA said she had no samples, then grudgingly gave me the Orange Sanguine sample... in her drawer there seemed to be a lot of samples. I expressed interest in another one I don't remember but all she gave me was the Orange Sanguine.
    Yup. Drawers full of samples and no giving out to those specifically curious about the scents. Typical, as has been addressed on many a thread.

I tried the Neroli and was not impressed. Not very rich and the drydown went very thin very fast. If it were a shampoo I'd love it. For a $100+ bottle of scent, no thank you.