Code of Conduct

Default Scent for a LIMO Driver?

So my dad is 48, and he drives a Lincoln Town Car, "not a stretch". He sometimes drives the rich of NYC, or some elderly people for a doctors office as a side job. Currently his two fragrances are Vera Wang for men, and Givenchey Very Irresistible.

This fragrance has to be preferably no more than $60, and obviously should not project like a monster since he is in a confined space the whole time.

Default Re: Scent for a LIMO Driver?

Baldessarini

If I were your dad I would wear one spray of Rive Gauche at the base of my neck by the collarbone. It smells beautiful and sophisticated when used in moderation.
    It costs around 20 bucks at scentedmonkey.com.
    He'll be the classiest car freshener ever (more tips)!
    Last edited by Spray; 15th February 2010 at 03:55 AM.

A former and very active BNer suggested Mambo for Men, actually (read the review in the BN directory). I'm not sure what a limo driver is supposed to smell like, so I don't know what to suggest. LOL.

Something discreet, I'm sure that the rich people he drives won't like to be overpowered by their limo driver.
    BVLGARI BLACK - light and liked by anyone anywhere anytime.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

+1 to Rive Gauche
    Actually, -1 to Bvlgari Black. I like it, I'm even wearing it right now. But it's really not for everyone.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 15th February 2010 at 11:02 PM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Make that another +1 to Rive Gauche and Black, great reccs.
    Any aromatic fougere would be nice, like Rive Gauche, Azzaro PH, Le Troisiemme Homme, Drakkar Noir etc.
    I also think that Aramis might suit him well also.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Cartier Roadster
    Ferrari Red
    Cadillac
    Corvette
    Jaguar Performance
    Lancetti Homme
    Michael Schumacher

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Something tells me that a discreet leather scent will be ideal. Your dad will be happy with his scent, the occupants will unconsciously perceive the scent as the natural smell of the plush leather of the car. That will enhance their experience in the car.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dependent

I think a very light application of Givenchy Gentleman would be rather fitting. But do note that it is a much different scent type compared to the 2 he is currently using.
    Last edited by MFJ; 15th February 2010 at 08:07 AM.

Gotta go with perfaddict here: Caron Pour un Homme

Green Irish Tweed
    Something long lasting, but not controversial

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    A former and very active BNer suggested Mambo for Men, actually (read the review in the BN directory). I'm not sure what a limo driver is supposed to smell like, so I don't know what to suggest. LOL.
    Ronnie, the Limo Driver for Howard Stern swears by it.

Don't think that Rive Gauche would be offensive in this case. It's subtle enough.

What is wrong about the Vera Wang for men? I'd say it is a safe choice; nice, subtle and inoffensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    What is wrong about the Vera Wang for men? I'd say it is a safe choice; nice, subtle and inoffensive.
    Just wana get somethin nice for summer

Dunno if Rive Gauche would be good for summer, even with one spray to the base of the neck. I'll actually give that one a try. Does anybody know any shops that u can smell it out, or u will definitely not find it in any department store?

Maybe one of the variations of Bvulgari Pour Homme? (Not! Bvlgari Black...)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    Just wana get somethin nice for summer

Dunno if Rive Gauche would be good for summer, even with one spray to the base of the neck. I'll actually give that one a try. Does anybody know any shops that u can smell it out, or u will definitely not find it in any department store?
    Rive Gauche is great year-round. If one shot to the neck is too much use Indie Guy's method- one shot to the chest. One shot to the chest created the legendary thread where he was bitten by a girl that said he smelled so freaking good! Go to perfumania.com and use their store locator to find the number of your nearest location. My local perfumania has almost every YSL scent.

Coincidentally, my dad is also a limo driver (although he drives a Mercedes) and, as a result, fragrance is always a concern for him. He recently asked me for advice and I hooked him up with a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc Collection. For the first time ever, he's getting one compliment after the other from his clients. In fact, just last week one of them asked him what cologne he was wearing and where they could get it.

Unfortunately, although the retail price was $60 when it was available over the holidays, it's no longer being produced. However, if he can get a bottle, your dad can't go wrong with NRMC.

- Brad
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Versace L Homme

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Ronnie, the Limo Driver for Howard Stern swears by it.
    I love that you brought this up. Mambo Man rocks!!!
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Don't let the sillage of a fragrance hold you back. As long as the scent is used in moderation, and covered by clothing, screamers will be more like low-talkers whispering.
    Last edited by Spray; 15th February 2010 at 03:18 PM.

A very good Aromatic Fougere would suffice here, some good ones have already been mentioned

One more thing about Rive Gauche: Guys that don't usually wear cologne would wear Rive Gauche because it's so manly, low-key, and classy.

It can be found for around $20 online:

amazon.com and scentedmonkey.com
    Last edited by Spray; 15th February 2010 at 03:57 PM.

I know Egoiste platinum is outa the price range, but what u guys think for that one? I can just pick Rive Gauche blind, since it's only like $20. Hey SPray where in NYC u from? Manhattan? I'm from jersey

I know Egoiste platinum is outa the price range, but what u guys think for that one? I can just pick Rive Gauche blind, since it's only like $20. Hey SPray where in NYC u from? Manhattan? I'm from jersey
    Manhattan in the house! Some people compare the smell of Rive Gauche to how you smell after leaving the barbershop - after the barber has slapped you around with his powder and tonic. I love that smell!
    Last edited by Spray; 15th February 2010 at 09:02 PM.

Roadster by Cartier
    Arpege PH
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Apart from Rive Gauche, Givenchy Gentleman, Versace L'Homme and Caron pour un Homme, which I solidly second,
    he might also consider to sample Monsieur de Givenchy, Eau Sauvage and Chanel pour Monsieur

Versace L'Homme

How is the process going, Metalica77?
    Last edited by Spray; 18th February 2010 at 03:47 AM.

Egoiste Platinum would be a really good one I think, Metalica. No shame wearing that and lots of positives too. It is rotten about the price point though, but still it isn't a $200 hard to find one.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.