Code of Conduct

Default Testing old colognes I got as gifts...

First up. British Sterling Silver...Anyone ever try this one? I found a small spray bottle of it that I presumably got as a gift and wore it to work the last two days. To me it is kind of like a less opressive British Sterling, smells a little cleaner, a little less powdery and seems to have better longevity. No complaints or compliments in regards to wearing it. It is not very strong up front for a cologne. I didn't mind it for what was a presumably cheap cologne.

Elvis. I've had a little bottle of this stuff for years, so I finally decided to try it. It smells strongly of apples up front to my nose if you take a whiff out of the bottle. Once this stuff hits your skin its everywhere. Hard to describe and complex. Seriously, I wouldn't even begin to know where to go with it. Anamalic, spices, tobacco, apples, amber, leather, smoke, like a conglomeration of everything. Its ok in the middle, just smells kinda spicy, ends with apples, nutmeg, cinnamon and smoke like a Christmas candle would smell. I don't really know if I like it, dislike it or what I'd consider it. It is also very strong for a cologne.

Dallas by Southfork, I'd presume it was named for the TV show. I know it was purhased at a dollar store (because I used to by Avon colognes from that dollar store in small bottles to test and ran across this one there, that was probably about 10 years ago). Pleasant clean fragrance. Kind of reminds me of something Avon would have come up with.

Default Re: Testing old colognes I got as gifts...

Sorry I can't help since I haven't tried those. But the concept of an Elvis or Dallas spray has a certain kitschy charm! I'd keep them for that alone.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas