Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default First Fragrance You Fell In Love With

You won't forget your first love, that said you won't forget the first fragrance you fell in love with.

My first was Eau Fraiche by Versace - 4 years ago.

Your turn.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: First Fragrance You Fell In Love With

Polo, during high school, shopping for school clothes at Nordstrom. Had to have it. Still love it to this day, I wish I could wear it now without it feeling.......old? played out? cliche? I wear it at home when I am alone, and it's still close to what it was that first time I smelled it almost 30 years ago. Outstanding.

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Salvador Dali, Le Roi Soleil... 14 years ago

Bvlgari Black made me go nuts 6 months ago, when all this craziness started.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I fell in love with Égoďste when I was about 15 years old.
    I know now, that is must have been very unflattering on
    such a young boy!

It's still my signature scent.
    I always have a bottle in my collection, always!

Dependent

Eau Sauvage. Smelling it on grandpa when I was a little boy in the late 80s early 90s and enjoying being splashed with it occasionally by him. It is still a wardrobe constant.
    Last edited by MFJ; 15th February 2010 at 07:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Mugler Cologne. First time I wore it, it was okay. Then the more I wore it and the more it lifted me up through some hard times with that citrus opening and comforting, clean, earthy, soapy dry down. I was a fan. Then I gave my 1 oz decant to my friend as a starter scent and bought a bottle of Paul Smith Story. My liking for Paul Smith Story was a rocky one, I kept wishing it did the vetiver thing as smoothly as Mugler. After wearing it for 4-5 months, it was time for me to get Mugler back. So I bought myself a Christmas present later that year and it was a gift set of Mugler Cologne. I haven't swayed away since. Although nowadays, Encre Noire might be that mistress on the side.

My very first fragrance was CKBe. I loved the sharp woodiness and the girls (I was 14) went mad for it. Then at 15 a friend had Cool Water and I loved it so much that I defected and bought a bottle.

Guerlain Homme 3years ago

Polo Blue... The 18-20 year old girls loved it, and it drove my ex-girlfriend nuts smelling it on me after we broke up
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

In 1973, when I was a Freshman in High School, my mother gave me a gift of Tabac Original. To this day, with over 100 fragrances in my wardrobe, I would still choose my lovely Tabac Original if I were exiled to a deserted island. It is the ultimate fragrance. My first love, and my last. I love it!!!

The first cologne I ever bought was Aramis, when I was a teenager. The last time I remember buying it was 1980.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Mochino Uomo? 16 years old

L'eau D'issey.

Escape Calvin Klein. Sweet Highschool memories. I had the shower gel lotion ..everything . Loved and adored this scent. Summer of 98' i worked my ass to save money for school clothes.. and just had to have a bottle of Escape. Funny , now I dont love it as much. But it was and will forever be my firwt fragrance love.

Mochino Uomo? 16 years old
    Great fragrance.

In college I got a bottle of Devin at Bloomingdales and it was my signature scent for years. I still love it, but it's too nostalgic for me to wear these days.

For me it was Dunhill Edition which I purchased in 1987.

the thing that started it all was hugo dark blue when it came out.
    early highschool, goodtimes

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    Great fragrance.
    Totaly agree , realy underrated fragrance but great elegant choice , I'm realy thinking about getting it again in near future

Canoe by Dana, when I was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    Totaly agree , realy underrated fragrance but great elegant choice , I'm realy thinking about getting it again in near future
    Uomo? is one of my all-time favorite fragrances. I have gotten compliments on it over the years, and I will never be without a bottle.

AD/Alain Delon

I wore it for years.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Sur la Plage

Ralph Lauren Polo (original)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    Uomo? is one of my all-time favorite fragrances. I have gotten compliments on it over the years, and I will never be without a bottle.
    I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this one ...

I don't know the name of it. The first time I was sent into a frenzy was when one of my teachers in school wore an amazing 1970s patchouli fragrance. I don't know if I would recognise it now, but it was vaguely like Givenchy Gentleman.

My first love that I knew the name of was Tuscany.

Balafre by Lancome

Either Polo Sport or Cool Water

I was rather poly-amorous... in frag terms since I fell in love, long before I could afford them, almost simultaneously with some of the first frags I passionately loved and I still do: Armani Eau pour Homme, YSL Opium PH, Ungaro III, Eau Sauvage and Chanel Antaeus
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 15th February 2010 at 10:19 PM.

PawelL

Kouros if memory serves me well.

i am not sure...
    i think fahrenheit or eau sauvage... i was 12 years old back then
    when i smelld bothe and read the names on the bottls.

The first fragrance that really made me feel a connection in a non-olfactory level was the original Jil Sander Man Pure. To this day it makes me feel strange when I wear it. A little later on it was DK Fuel for Men. Actually searching the intenet for it when it was discontinued is what led me to Basenotes. The rest, is my wardrobe....

i loved Georgio Beverly Hills when I was a teenager, and in my adulthood what led me into fragrance collecting was Givenchy's Pi. I still love the edp edition. I wish it was never discontinued.

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

Brut. I must have been 10 years old. My grandmother bought me a bottle at the drugstore. When I would go visit my grandparents in Florida, I would always get excited because I got to wear Brut when we would have dinner at the country club. She created a monster after that. When I was 15, she bought me a bottle of Chanel Egoiste and it spoiled me ever since.

Now everytime I purchase a fragrance I always ask myself if my grandmother would like it.

You guys are bringing back some memories! I think the Calvin Kleins are especially dear to me. I remember Eternity for Men and Obsession for Men were great, but Escape for Men and Ckbe were the two that i really couldn't put down.

Also, the one scent that got me INTO this whole thing in a big way was Hugo.

First smell i remember associating with good memories is a particular discontinued old spice after shave balm. My father used to wear this and would let me wear some on special occasions. Sadly i have not been able to find this again. But since realizing my love for smells in general i have had two immediate infatuations. The first time i smelled L'Homme by YSL i was absolutely overcome, and did not like it at all. However, i soon realized that this fragrance is one of understated class, and slowly unfolds the more you wear it. I have loved this fragrance ever since. Though safe in terms of mass appeal, it imparts a sence of confidence and class that i cannot begin to describe.
    The second fragrance i fell in love with is the Bond No. 9 Signature perfume. I still cannot discern any of the notes separately, but this perfume is intensely sensual. I get the rose accord and the powdery vanilla drydown from the tonka, but it is the hint of warm woodiness that sets this over the edge for me. I can only assume this is the oud. The first time i smelled this i was astounded; i have never smelled anything like it.

"Portugal ...something" by Muelhens (4711), my fathers hair grooming oil. Very orangey, I was three or four.

IA-33
    ...?" A rather fresh, concentrated perfume, from Germany. It was labeled after a Berlin car license plate (The Crown Prince, or Adolf d. Schreckliche, I forgot.)

Worth Je Reviens
    I sent to my mother from Paris. My first visit to Galéries Lafayette. I was 15, and the sales girls so adorable .... I went there many times before I chose what I thought was the best.

My own first was Musk byHarry Lehmann, already then a legend in Berlin, and to my knowledge the first and only 'perfume-by weight'- shop 7e-shop in Europe. It was springtime and I (18), although intensely in love, was still without a suitable object to embrace it with;-). My hopes were thatthis 'summer breeze musk' might make me attractive to certain others on the beach, the campus, or the plain corner bars beer in the evening. It finally worked, and the rest was easy. - Thank you for helping me across this threshold, Harry Lehmann !!
    Last edited by narcus; 16th February 2010 at 07:48 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

R de Revillon, my absolute first love. I didn't know it was created by Maurice Roucel!

And the second, Ungaro II. I was 18, 19...
    We accept reality easily, perhaps because we intuit that nothing is real...

I thought I was in love with English Leather, when I was in high school. Then I got a bottle of Moustache, thought I loved that, until somebody gave me Obsession for Men (the old one, very raucous vanilla). Then I thought I loved Fahrenheit. But I only recently found the true love of my life, Habit Rouge (although I could probably substitute almost anything by Guerlain).

old school Perry Ellis for men. Discontinued now, though. I think y'all call that one an "80's powerhouse." Love it. Makes me reminesce.

Burberry Touch
    JPG Le Male
    YSL M7
    Marc Jacobs for Men
    ....TURNED ME OUT..and then ON!

Knize Ten. It seemed so wonderful at first, but after the first month together I was left terribly disappointed. In this way first-love parallels are a little too close to home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana. Joel_Cairo sent a sample to me along with several others with the decants I had bought from him. It was love at first sniff.
    Last edited by kbe; 17th February 2010 at 02:21 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Halston 1-12. What's your sign, baby?

Scratch the L'eau D'issey! My Mom's Ex used to wear CK Eternity in the hot sun when we went to Martha's Vineyard.
    Imagine a 10-year old clepto stealing spritzes from the bathroom

Ha! woot! Mine was "Obsession - For Women" 4 Months ago!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

L'Heure Bleue. I was bitten by the Guerlain bug at the tender age of six or so.

for me it has to be eau savauge. my late granpa's stuffs always had that scent around them. i had no idea what was the scent until i tested eau savauge.

but after testing mitsouko, it took eau savauge's place.

Fahrenheit and Cool Water, about 14 years ago.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

This must be Cacharel Nemo for me, I fell in love from the first sniff and started looking into perfumery world since then.
    Last edited by Messer; 8th March 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Messer View Post
    This must Cacharel Nemo for me, I fell in love from the first sniff and started looking into perfumery world since then.
    Indeed that's a fragrance anyone will most likely fall in love with.

Blog Entries

In 1981 when I was a puppy it was Antaeus. My 1st adult drop dead love was Givenchy's Insense. It still just takes my breath when I smell it. Never found anything quite like it.
    jtd

Obsession, which I recently bought again after not having it in my collection the last 14 years! It was my "going out" scent during my bar hopping days, followed by CK One.

Candies for Men!

Blog Entries

First to fall in "love" with was the original Lagerfeld when it was released in 1978 (NOT the reformulated now labeled, "Lagerfeld Classic"). Simply, one the very best and most beautiful men's fragrance EVER created, and I sorely MISS it!!

Mitsouko - what else! ;-)

I bought the perfume at a time I when men didn't buy perfumes for themselves.
    I still don't actually wear it now, 20 years after I bought it. But
    I am surprised how many men share this love for Mitsouko nowadays.
    Last edited by narcus; 1st March 2010 at 06:11 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Fahrenheit.
    I wish it was possible to smell it again for the first time.

Aramis no doubt!!!

Tuscany in 1988. I remember getting a mini from a lovely SA. I would just touch the tiny bottle to my finger, and apply it to my neck. It was so potent people would compliment me on it hours later. It must have been very strong then.....

The only time a woman ever stopped me in the street to ask me what I was wearing, it was Tuscany. Nuff said.