Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Net for buying Creed?

Hi, I've been reading a lot about Creed Green Irish Tweed fakes on the net. I was thinking of just buying it direct from creed site or Neiman Marcus for 250$. However, I read that fragrancenet is a trusted site and has GIT for much less than 250. Will it be as fresh as buying from NM or Creed's site?

Any users have experience with this?

Also, is it a good blind buy? by the way, I LOVE cool water, but the reason GIT appeals to me is it's a more "natural" (creeds use high quality oils, yes?).

thank you

Default Re: Fragrance Net for buying Creed?

NOTHING is a safe blind buy...

That being said... GIT similar to CW so you may really like it, and downside you can probably sell it for not much loss here if you really hate it. Still, I'd highly suggest finding one at a store or even spending $5-10 and just buying a small sample. You really should just wear it 2-3 times before buying a whole bottle.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Well it's very hard to find a place nearby (NM is about 2 hour drive) and I don't feel like buying a vial for 4 dollars + 5$ shipping.

As you said, I suppose if I hate it, I can sell it here.

I also really enjoy Irish Spring body wash and soap. If that helps at all... I'm not a fan of REALLY green scents like Ralph Lauren or Polo? (green bottle with the horse on it, forgot the name. hate it). But if GIT smells anything like an improved Cool Water, I'd love it.

I'd suggest buying a tester if you could. You'll lose the Creed spray top; but that's it. Save the money, go from there.

I've purchased from Scentiments before, and the GIT alongside my Nieman Marcus bottle smells, looks, acts the same... for half the price. Or... search around here. Creed bottles tend to be sold around here on the norm; but they go quickly.

And yes... GIT smells quite a bit like Cool Water; better dry down though that's miles apart different (smoother, better imho).

I tried scentiments, sold out of 4 oz. I preffer a capped one, not tester. I'm nuts for complete packages.

I just read a forum thread about a guy getting a fake GIT from fragrancenet in november 2009, then immediately being refunded. Makes me wonder..where does Frag. net get the bottles from if something like that slipped in?

Yeah, my jury's out on this whole "Cool Water smells just like GIT." I think their opening notes are similar. So that's maybe-- a half hour. Then you've got 7-8 hours of something else. GIT is probably one of the modern classics for sure.

I know it's frustrating and it's easy for me to spend your money, but consider 5ml from TPC or another decenter to give it good test. It's $20 for the 5ml and that way the psychological block of the shipping cost won't be so daunting, plus you'll get several wearings out of it. More than you'd think.

I used Fragrancenet for MI, and I was satisfied it was real deal. I've read in other forums that Sentiments is okay too. People have reported it's fresh at both sites as well.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 15th February 2010 at 05:57 AM.

I have bought from fragrance net creed that had the same lot serial number as the Creed I bought from neiman marcus strange but true...I hope it's always that fresh from fragrancenet but I don't know

Is the serial number on the box outside? I may just buy online, then see how old the juice is before opening the box (so I can return it if it's old). Otherwise, once you open, no returns allowed. If it's on the bottle only, I guess I'm just taking a gamble.

Blog Entries

I actually did the GIT/Cool Water side-by-side comparison Saturday. For the first 30 minutes they smelled almost identical. I have no doubt if I had gotten someone else to spray them on me without watching, I wouldn't have been able to tell which was which. For the next 1.5 - 2 hours, they were still very similar on my skin. I think I still would have had a hard time determining which was which. After that they began to diverge a bit. The traditional Creed amber begins to emerge then, and GIT becomes more recognizable.

IMO, GIT is slightly better than Cool Water, and I'm sure if you love CW you will love GIT. However, for me, it's just not $100+ better than CW.

BINGO

Fragrancenet is a reputable seller of Creed. I have purchased two Creed's from them so far and they came in mint condition, full, and legitimate.

I have purchased several Creed fragrances from FragranceNet. They have all been genuine products.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

The few Creed products I purchased from FragranceNet have also been genuine.

The serial number is on the box and the bottle I think
    I read a while ago on here that some bottles from fragrancenet were scratched off
    but if mine came in that condition i'd sent it back
    boxes from creed are never sealed so you can open it up and see..

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    ...some bottles from fragrancenet were scratched off...
    I want to clarify this. It is common practice for grey market fragrances to have serial numbers removed. This is done to prevent manufacturers from tracking the circulation of their fragrances between different regions of the world. For example, if Creed sells for $150 in Dubai but $250 in the US, the Dubai distributer can sell the fragrance to a US company for $175 and turn a higher profit than they would selling it locally, while the US seller can then re-sell for $200. It's a win-win-win for everyone (distributer, reseller and consumer) but a bad thing for Creed. Hense measures are taken to prevent tracking the movements of these products.

Sur la Plage

I have had no problems with Fragrancenet.

I would get the GIT - it is a more mature version of Cool Water IMO.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th February 2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

damnit. they have sold out of the 4 oz bottle and smaller bottles. what a drag!

I called and they said they can put me on a email list, but no garuntee that they will have it in stock again. If they did, it would take around 2 weeks!

Anybody ever see this happen on fragrancenet? Did it come back in stock any time soon?

I bought a vial of it, SHOULD get it soon. If I do love it, I'm going to be totally sad I can't order it right away. I guess I could just get it from an authorized dealer and be sure I'm getting a 100% genuine, less likely old bottle
    Last edited by OldFriend; 17th February 2010 at 06:53 PM.

You can always buy from Scentiments, Scent Monkey, and Parfum1. Scent monkey has 2.5 oz for $113. That's a lot of juice for a decent price.
    Last edited by adonis; 17th February 2010 at 07:01 PM.

4 OZ all SOLD OUT on those sites. Also strawberrynet as well. Grey markey running a little slow, eh?

Damnit. Maybe I won't like it afterall and I won't feel so bad

Or like I said, I'll just buy from an authorized dealer. I would probably end up fussing over a grey market item anyway. "I wonder if it was sitting in a hot desert.. I wonder if it is a returned item and the original owner didn't take good care of it..." ECT....

If I'm spending this much, my first Niche/expensive cologne, might as well be the real, direct from manufacturer deal. This way I can at least know what the real thing is like. Then for subsequent purchases, i can buy online grey market, and know when I have a good bottle or not.

I haven't bought (and never will) Creed products from Fragrance Net, but I got an original Feminite du Bois EDP by Shiseido from them in great condition, so I'd trust them.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

I JUST RECIEVED MY CREED FROM FRAGRANCENET TODAY! LOT # ENDS in "08 SO IM GUESSING IT WAS MADE IN 2008 SMELLS FRESH AS CAN BE! I GET ABOUT 4 HOUR LONGEVITY BUT THATS EXPECTED. I HAVE BOUGHT OVER $1000 worth OF PRODUCTS FROM FRAGRANCENET.COM THEY SHIP SUPER FAST, THEIR ITEMS ARE 100% FRESH AND AUTHENTIC NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. ALSO THIS COST ME $123 WITH FREE UPS SHIPPING UNBELIEVABLE HOW PEOPLE PAY $250 FOR THIS DEFINATELY NOT WORTH $250 IN MY HONEST OPINION

Last edited by thierry mugler; 19th February 2010 at 02:08 AM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Blog Entries

You left your capslock on, Mr. JRWRITER. LOL. I'm getting a sample of this soon as well as Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed. Let's see if it lives up to the hype. Thankfully I haven't smelled Cool Water or Unforgivable on myself, nor would I care to.

Quote Originally Posted by thierry mugler View Post
    I JUST RECIEVED MY CREED FROM FRAGRANCENET TODAY! LOT # ENDS in "08 SO IM GUESSING IT WAS MADE IN 2008 SMELLS FRESH AS CAN BE! I GET ABOUT 4 HOUR LONGEVITY BUT THATS EXPECTED. I HAVE BOUGHT OVER $1000 worth OF PRODUCTS FROM FRAGRANCENET.COM THEY SHIP SUPER FAST, THEIR ITEMS ARE 100% FRESH AND AUTHENTIC NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. ALSO THIS COST ME $123 WITH FREE UPS SHIPPING UNBELIEVABLE HOW PEOPLE PAY $250 FOR THIS DEFINATELY NOT WORTH $250 IN MY HONEST OPINION
    Hmm, too bad they are sold out. but 4 hours? that's terrible. I thought it lasted long. The site said something like 14+ hours.

Good thing I'm getting a tester first. i was thinking I would be willing to pay $250 for it if it's that good smelling. but if it really lasts that short, no way in hell. I don't think i'd even pay $125 for something like that. ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldFriend View Post
    The site said something like 14+ hours.
    The thing with Fragrancenet.com's "Customer Scent Ratings" is that they're entered by customers. This includes "scent strength", "recommended age", "scent life", "recommended use", and "classification". Sometimes a fragrance will last 4-5 hours on one person or 8-10 hours on another. It's all subjective.

I personally prefer to pay the full price for a good bottle directly from the company. On my recent green irish tweed review (look below in my comments) I discuss why it's potentially scary to buy from an online retailer. GIT is a win, win situation. You'll be a happy guy.
    Please visit my videos! NY Fragrance Blog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYFragranceBlog

Quote Originally Posted by OldFriend View Post
    I just read a forum thread about a guy getting a fake GIT from fragrancenet in november 2009
    My first ever GIT and only purchase of a fragrance just got shipped from FragranceNet. How do I identify fake / real GIT?