Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 15th February 2009

Instead of waiting for the thread, why not creating it myself for once?

Wearing Fracas from yesterday... This is so powerful I still smell strong! I'll probably reapply during the day, because I fell hard in love...

Have a wonderful beginning of the week, you all!!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD Monday 15th February 2009

Starting the week in Dior Homme.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 15th February 2009

L' HEURE BLEUE, Eau de Parfum

GUERLAIN

Top Notes
    Anise, Coriander, Neroli, Bergamot, Lemon
    Heart Notes
    Carnation, Orchid, Jasmine, Cloves, Neroli, Heliotrope, Ylang-ylang, Rose
    Base Notes
    Iris, Sandalwood, Musk, Benzoin, Vanilla, Vetiver
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Aramis. Have a great Monday everyone!

Top notes: Artemisia, Bergamot, Cumin, Gardenia
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandal
    Base notes: Leather, Oakmoss, Castoreum, Amber

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hermès Amazone EdT for me.

Have a marvy Monday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Ivoire for me today.

Wearing my sample of Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile EDP - this is so lovely! I purchased a 5ml decant from TPC and managed to win a 4ml mini on ebay at the same time so hopefully that will stop me from needing to buy a bottle too soon! I just can't stop sniffing my wrist when I have this on
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Kewart, that's a good idea.
    I'm going to wear Ivoire too.

Hope you all have a marvvy Monday xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Thanks to Quarry...()

Can you see it? Iris Noire.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Covered in vanilla patches today:
    Il Profumo di Firenze/Zenzero - Starts off sharp & bracing, almost herbal - no ginger though? After that a mediocre vanilla. Meh.
    La Maison de la Vanille/Vanille Noire du Méxique - Very nice: fluffy. Vanilla, musk, lemon (?). Reminds me of Perfect Veil & Opal, only heavier on the vanilla. Not too sweet either.
    Comptoir Sud Pacifique/Matin Calin - EW. GEROFFME. This is the love child of the unholy union of Ava Luxe Milk, Calyso St Barth Léa and Lostmarc'h Lann-Ael.

In the interest of numbers, I'm declaring my fav of these three my Sotd: Vanille Noire du Méxique.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 15th February 2010 at 11:19 AM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

You might say I'm in a monogamous relationship with Terranova Gardenia. In fact, took advantage of their 10% off sale to replenish the cologne spray and perfume oil.

May your dreams launch adventures to explore untapped avenues of potential...

Happy belated birthday to turquoisewater!

Day 2 of Fashion Week for me. Looking forward to more of what I did yesterday.

For today in honor of Chaya discovering the green fairy last night I am wearing a fragrant version of the green fairy which Chaya introduced to me.

Slatkin Absinthe

Have a Majestic Monday everyone.

Good morning all. First of all happy belated birthday wishes to TurquoiseWater! I'm feeling a littlebit melancolic today My South African friends go back to Cape Town today. Wonder how long before I see them again now.Last time it took 7 years before I saw Jason again. The good thing about seeing someone so rarely is that at least you get time to miss them...And then it's even better once you meet To comfort myself a bit I'm in Chergui today.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 15th February 2010 at 11:55 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Scent mirroring Roberto this morning in L'Heure Bleue Edp
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

SMM - you sweetie !
    We'll have to meet and drink soon;-)
    [Knock 'em dead in NY- and kiss the dogs for me !]

(((((( Inees ))))))

Kewart, love- you're my pet project today ;-)
    And you smell divine.
    You, too, Wordiekin.

Eva, you waft beautifully....

I'm going for Vol de Nuit extrait -
    Inspired by a night w/ Fille D'Eve.

Funny- it appears that Ricci's can be very moody re : holding up over time [ I'm sure that this one may have had 'undue exposure' to heat or light, or both]
    But every Fille D'Eve I've ever smelled has a distinctly dusty mustiness.
    I don't mind, exactly- but it DOES affect whether or not I would choose to subject others to my rather eccentric pleasures ;-)
    Vol de Nuit seems very similar, but with much more 'flavor'.

Be well, sweet scented minions !
    And Happy Birthdays to our many players ;-)
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 15th February 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Datura Noir at the moment.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Nahema parfum on another snowy day.

Happy Monday!

Goodmorning! I'm heading into a busy week at work, in fact, I dread this week. To lighten my spirits a little, I'm wearing Mauboussin by Mauboussin. I haven't worn this in a while, and it always makes me smile throughout the day.

Hope your Monday sees you cruising through in good scent and spirits!

Good morning! I'm wearing the lovely Bvlgari pour Femme this morning.

Have a good day!

Kewart, that is simply the most gorgeous print ad I've seen! I tried Ivoire a couple years ago, but now I'll have to revisit it! Would be curious to find out who's artistic talent is responsible!

Remnants of 31 Rue Cambon are still wafting from my body - here and there - Baldufita's choice of Fracas sounds so temptingly luscious, I think that will be my pick today as well!

Back in the office this morning after 3 days off. Starting the week in PdN Odalisque.

Is it just me, or is it hard getting back to work in the morning after a Valentine evening?

Where did I put my Starbucks?
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Dior Homme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best iris of all IMHO - TDC's Bois d'Iris

Blog Entries

Running a bit late today, decked out in CdG Series 2: Red - Palisander. Excited that I got two days worth of data collection done again last night, so all I have to do is write today, and the next Scents of The Week column looks promising.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

In Aziyade today.

Basenotes Institution

Sous le Vent by Guerlain (thanks NEoTY26)

It takes everything that I love about Philtre d'Amour by Guerlain, strains out a bit of the bright, candied lemon and injects it into the most dazzling chypre accord. This scent makes me happy, when I wear it.

Blog Entries

Amouage - Gold!

A brilliant wave of aldehydes softened by gentle florals and sprinkled with spices.

The notes are; Frankincense, Rock Rose, Lily of the Valley, Orris, Jasmine, Myrrh, Musk, Cedarwood, and Sandalwood.
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th February 2010 at 02:40 PM.

Joining the iris crowd in Prada Infusion d'Iris today...soft, relaxing....

Hello everybody!

I'm in Galanos de Galanos vintage parfum today - deep mossy green, smooth and luxurious.

After receiving my massive parcel from the States, I'm in CherryBlossomDiva's Sophisticated Vanilla...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Cadjmere, wafting vanilla, coconut, sandalwood.

Good for you, Baldufita, for kicking things off.

I feel ya, Tao. For several months I put some Iris Noir on every single night. Then I was over it. Funny how this happens with a fragrance.

I like the lines in the woman's dress in petruccijc’s ad.

Let's take a corner booth at Starbucks, Lessa, and not come out until we're ready.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

House twin with kumquat, I am wearing Lyric today. Today the 2nd day of Chinese New Year and I enjoyed the fireworks and hotpot at a friend's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I like the lines in the woman's dress in petruccijc’s ad.
    And I like the color! Did you notice that the man is Ted Danson?

Woke up this morning with a hint of Angel body lotion around me from yesterday. It was a Valentine's gift from my husband.

Still, I decided it would be a good idea to wear Magical Moon for work anyway. It worked! But I don't think I'll do it again.
    Last edited by trikkirikki; 15th February 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning, Everyone!

I wore Clinique Wrappings body lotion last night but awoke with a headache this morning. Don't really care for this. So I am wearing Chanel Eau Premier as my SOTD today. Mmmmmm...that's better!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Just wearing BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion.

Hi everybody!
    Started the day sweet as can be in by Kilians "Love"...and will end it (I'm going out for Carnival with friends) in P.Picasso's Mon parfum..that'll be disguise enough!
    Baldufi! I'd love to love Fracas..but I always fail...instead, I'm dreaming of buying me some Bandit!
    Keep on smelling good,guys!!

Robert Piguet Baghari
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm going shopping with DD (school vacation) wearing AA Flora Nerolia.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Goodmorning! I'm heading into a busy week at work, in fact, I dread this week. To lighten my spirits a little, I'm wearing Mauboussin by Mauboussin. I haven't worn this in a while, and it always makes me smile throughout the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    ...Is it just me, or is it hard getting back to work in the morning after a Valentine evening?
    Where did I put my Starbucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Let's take a corner booth at Starbucks, Lessa, and not come out until we're ready.
    Well, I don't go back to work until tomorrow, but I'm dreading it, too. So I will see all three of you ladies at the coffee shop early a.m. OK? And Cello, I think I might go with Mauboussin tomorrow – thanks for the inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by hilaryjane View Post
    The best iris of all IMHO - TDC's Bois d'Iris
    My vote for best iris of all, also. You smell wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Kewart, that is simply the most gorgeous print ad I've seen! I tried Ivoire a couple years ago, but now I'll have to revisit it! Would be curious to find out who's artistic talent is responsible!...
    You know, Ubu, in that poll about advertising, I reported that I wasn't swayed by ads, but I have to admit that a good artistic poster or print ad does sometimes interest me in a fragrance. Those Caron ads of the past, for example, are just swoon-worthy!

Oh! My SotD! It is sunny and supposed to get to almost 70° here! I reached for my new bottle of Eau de Campagne. I'm just LOVING it!

I'm wearing Hypnotic Poison, which I've actually been wearing most of the weekend.

I have to admit that it took me years to learn to wear and appreciate this fragrance, and almost gave up on it. I received my first bottle years ago, when I was into more fresh/citrus-like fragrances. I was also living in Southeast Asia, with year-round tropical climate. So it may have been a combination of the hot sticky climate, and my own mentality about how (not) to wear fragrance that made HP absolutely unwearable for me at the time. However, I loved it in the bottle, and its smell has always haunted me.

Now that I'm back in cooler climes, and have acquired somewhat of an "education" in fragrances and their application, I decided to revisit this scent. I'm very glad I did! One or two light sprays applied from a distance, and my skin becomes enveloped in the most delicious spiced vanilla! Gone are the sharpness and bitterness I remembered, and I'm happy to include this in my wardrobe once again.

Thanks for reading! I really wanted to share this experience.

Basenotes Plus

Belated birthday greetings to Turquoisewater, hope you had a wonderful day!
    RHM, hope you're feeling better by now honey.

Annick Goutal Musc Nomade

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Today I'm testing a DIY perfume from Ankica, here on the forum. It's labeled PLIMA, and is a strong floral that starts out very sharp and then smells like a soap my mother used to buy (Dove? Camay?). It seems to be long-lasting and linear in the soapy phase. Not my style, really, since I'm not a big fan of florals, especially those with a lot of lily of the valley.

Blog Entries

Shalimar EDP layered with just a bit of EDT.

Chanel No5 extrait. I've been contemplating this a lot.

Oh my goodness Nakupai, you smell divine!

I'm in something a little strange today: Juliet by Juliet Stewart. Notes are: Amalfi lemons, basil, bergamot and Sicilian orange; middle notes of Mediterranean herbs, Italian jasmine and Madagascan vanilla; and base notes of amber and Oriental precious woods. Sound simple enough, no? It's very mossy and herbaceous. Certainly lovely, but not so much on me. Lovers of light chypres might enjoy this, I think. Anyone know it or try it?
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I'm wearing Bvlgari Black as SotA, totally by accident. Post afternoon bath, I thought I was reaching for a decant of Bvlgari Femme, but it turns out to have been Black. I love this. I was a bit intimidated by it before, expecting all the smoke and rubber that people talked about, and it turns out to be this lovely, subtle thing. You'd think curiosity would have made me try it, but it just never interested me. So count me among its fans now, better late than never.

I'll make a decision, right now.

Theorema

Have a great day!

For me it's Chanel's Beige. Defending a deposition today and looking damn sexy while doing it - the Chanel was just the trick to finish off the opposing counsel.

Basenotes Plus

Everyone smells intoxicating today- wearing some scents I never would have investigated had it not been for basenotes.

I think I have officially become the laziest person alive. I've had a 4 day weekend and am on my 4 th day of sleeping in till noon. Tomorrow is back to work!

Still undecided as to SOTD but it will be something BIG, which I can't get away with in the office- Fracas? Songes? Mahora?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lynnaea View Post
    For me it's Chanel's Beige. Defending a deposition today and looking damn sexy while doing it - the Chanel was just the trick to finish off the opposing counsel.
    all in the name of justice! Oh, you sly smart Texan

CBD Golden Botrytis

honey, dried fruits, quince, white flowers and amber.

Ubu, I agree that it is a gorgeous print ad for Ivoire, however my favorite is the one from 1990 where the lady hidden behind the wide brims of the hat in mute astonishment that her pearl string has broken with her hands in gloves on the sides. I will tell you later who the lady is, I have a temporary glitch in my memory.

I am wearing Guerlain Gourmand Coquin today, still windy and the school was cancelled.
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th February 2010 at 08:50 PM.

I took my almost untouched bottle of Lovely out of the cabinet so that i could photograph it and put it on my swap list since I never liked it.. Thought i"d give it one final farewell spritz and....well? ...You guessed it.
    Suddenly I like it.
    Suddenly I find it a very green, cool. modern patchouli. Maybe the green frag in the pink bottle is what put me off before. Maybe I never treid it on a snowy day before. The wonders of SOTD.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 15th February 2010 at 08:57 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Some stunning images above. Kumquat's is especially spectacular.

Wearing No 5 Eau Premiere today.

Happy Monday to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    ...The wonders of SOTD.
    You said it! It really is one of *those* days.

Switching things up to Ambrette 9 by Le Labo...it never recieves much love, but it's a great one for me!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Salvador Dali Pour Homme tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    And I like the color! Did you notice that the man is Ted Danson?
    Oh! Mmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    So I will see all three of you ladies at the coffee shop early a.m. OK?
    OK. But after you retire, you have to buy us all cookies.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Belated Happy Birthday, Turquoisewater!

Blue Amber, a comforting veil... (sad news and headache, today).
    At least I finaly had the time to make decants for a friend!