Code of Conduct
    iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Default Please recommend me aquatic... something fresh

Can you recommend me please an aquatic scent, something like Bulgari Aqua PH or Davidoff Silver Shadow Attitude... but for woman, with pretty good longetivity and sillage.
    Is there anything like that?

Or if there isn't any... any other fresh (citrus maybe) frangrance good for hot summer days.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Please recommend me aquatic... something fresh

Have you checked the Blu Mediterraneo line by Aqua di Parma? They have some glorious scents, pretty fresh too...

Thumbs up Re: Please recommend me aquatic... something fresh

Emilio Pucci 's VIVARA

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hey! Thank You Both are really expensive in Poland and it would be a 'blind buy' - internet shop, because i have no idea where i can test it (so it better be good ).

Yhm... anything more...?

L'eau par Kenzo is lovely and fresh. Is that one distributed in Poland? Kenzo always seems to be pretty available.
    A couple of classic citrusses are O de Lancome and Clarins Eau Dynamisante.
    The trouble with citrus is that it doesn't seem to be as long lasting as a lot of other notes. But that's an excuse to apply again!

If you want to try samples of perfumes before you buy (always a good idea, I have found) there's a good site in Germany which has a sample service. http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/information.php?info_id=7

Happy hunting!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

@Wordbird: Thank you very much! There is no problem with availability of Kenzo, Clarins and Lancome. I'll check them for sure.

Hmm...To be perfectly honest, I really don't become that intrigued by most aquatics in existence, thus maybe erstwhile I would've definitely taken up Azzaro Chrome....Aswell as enjoying it now...I'd say that it still is a great scent for my senses.

Do try it

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I like Hermes Eau de Merveilles. Very fresh and sealike.

I love Roberto's suggestion, Pucci Vivara.

I also love this one...

Acqua di Gio for women. Very pretty floral aquatic scent.

@ineespenes: Hermes Eau de Merveilles. "Very fresh and sealike" - sound very interesting. I have to check it for sure. Sounds like what i am looking for.

@lilybelle: Thanks for Pucci Vivara vote. This is big unknown for me... Is it so good? I have to find sample of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KakiNimura View Post
    @lilybelle: Thanks for Pucci Vivara vote. This is big unknown for me... Is it so good? I have to find sample of it.
    It's very green, with white florals. To me, it smells like summer sunshine and a holiday in a resort town. It makes me smile

I'm not extremely familiar with this category, but I do have one that I love - Lanvin's Oxygène. Oxygène is very fresh like its name would indicate, but it's considered a Floral Aquatic, and it really is more more misty than airy. It's very wet, cool and refreshing over sheer florals and clean musk. The sandalwood gives it a creamy feel without adding warmth until the later drydown.

There's a prominent accord in it that reminds me very much of Jean Patou's Sublime but in a much sheerer formula, plus a big blast of sea-spray, or waterfall (again, I'm a complete noob when it comes to aquatics so I can't be sure if this is supposed to be ocean or pond or swimming pool...but it's wet!) It is very affordable (usually under $20 USD) and easy to locate.

Top notes - hyssop, white pepper, bergamot
    Middle Notes - rose, blue iris, gardenia
    Base Notes - white sandalwood, musk

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    It's very green, with white florals. To me, it smells like summer sunshine and a holiday in a resort town. It makes me smile
    You make Vivara sound very nice - so simply and beautifully put. Do you get an aquatic note from it too?

I'm fan of aquatics.

Aqua di Gio is almost identical to O Oui by lancome, only it has less lasting power.

I also rec. L'eau par Kenzo (femme)

also, I ad: L'eau d'Issey, A scent by Issey Myiake
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Don't know how available this is where you live..but online you can easily get a bottle, decant or sample: Creed's "Love in White"..a fresh white floral-rice aquatic(yeah, seems strange,I know)...in a "to die for" bottle! Normal sillage, but, here's the good part: excellent longevity!

Thumbs up Re: Please recommend me aquatic... something fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    You make Vivara sound very nice - so simply and beautifully put. Do you get an aquatic note from it too?
    Absolutely !!! Sun, Water and Salt...it is a wonderful perfume
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Awesome - maybe I'll explore a few more aquatics, myself. Thanks, Roberto!

Is anyone familiar with La Perla Blue? I love their fragrances and I've been intrigued by this one but I've never actually crossed paths with it.

And by the way, what are some of the notes that are responsible for aquatics? They seem to be more clearly defined, or specific, in masculines. And I've noticed that in feminines, the "aqua" is mostly attribute to aquatic flowers and plants - can it really be that obvious? Why would, for instance, water lilies make a fragrance smell wet? It can't be simple association because I have no idea what any aquatic plants smell like. I suppose it could be marketing, the name, the color, the bottle....I'm sort of a sucker for the whole shebang and tend to believe (if only superficially) what they want me to. That, and I covet pretty bottles of blue and teal juice.

I think Pucci Vivara's aquatic note is subtle -- not like a marine blast. It smells like being in an expensive Riviera resort town. As Roberto says...floral, salty, aquatic, and warm like golden sunshine. Acqua di Gio is more purely aquatic to my nose. I agree with the Lanvin Oxygène suggestion, too. That is such a nice fragrance! I get confused between aquatic and ozonic, honestly. They seem to be interchangeable as descriptors, but air and water are not the same to me. One is wet, and one is dry. I suppose misty air is not dry, though.

That's part of the confusion to me, lilybelle, and Oxygène doesn't make it any clearer. It seems like it's supposed to suggest cool air, but it's categorized as an aquatic, and none of the notes would suggest either.

Another one is Dune - I've seen it categorized as an aquatic, but to me it's the epitome of arid and dry....although when I close my eyes and concentrate on the idea of wetness, or the ocean, when I'm sniffing it (and I've done this) I can almost imagine it. I'm probably just too visually oriented (a sucker for marketing) to let my nose do the thinking - I've managed to do it but it takes great effort.

I like aquatics. Some that I enjoy that shouldn't be too hard to find:

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu – Casual & beachy, with a hint of sweetness
    L'Artisan Fleur de Liane – Wonderful green floral evoking a rainforest near the sea
    Diptyque Do Son – Watery, delicate tuberose fragrance. Perfect for humid summer days!

Hermes Eau de Mervielles – Sparkly orange opening, nice and salty light woods after that (I don't actually find it aquatic, but it's lovely)

Christian Dior Escale a Portofino – Not aquatic but a VERY refreshing summer citrus

I don't find Escale a Portofino aquatic at all. It's one of the best lemon fragrances around, but not aquatic, it smells VERY gourmand to me, like thick lemon cream with lemon peel rasping in home-made lemon waffers. Smells good,longlasting, good sillage... but far from being aquatic. Just an opinion...

E.d Merveilles is also far from aquatic, I think. It is also fresh, though... and has a deeper "pholosophy" behind it. But defo far from aquatic.

Edit-another one I must mention-E.Arden-Arden Beauty smells very very aquatic to my nose. It says it's floral green, I would say it's "aquatic green". Very nice.
    Last edited by w3pearl; 15th February 2010 at 06:37 PM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

If you can get hold of it: Laguna by Salvador Dali. Delightful!

Also +1 for the Aqua di Parma collection; the fig one is fresh without being too citrussy/cologne-like.

Eau Dynamissante is great, but not really a perfume; more of a splash. I always have some around and use it when it's unpleasantly hot, or when travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    That's part of the confusion to me, lilybelle, and Oxygène doesn't make it any clearer. It seems like it's supposed to suggest cool air, but it's categorized as an aquatic, and none of the notes would suggest either.

Another one is Dune - I've seen it categorized as an aquatic, but to me it's the epitome of arid and dry....although when I close my eyes and concentrate on the idea of wetness, or the ocean, when I'm sniffing it (and I've done this) I can almost imagine it. I'm probably just too visually oriented (a sucker for marketing) to let my nose do the thinking - I've managed to do it but it takes great effort.
    Yes, Dune is a bit arid...like a sun warmed sand dune in salty air, but it's not wet smelling to me either. And I am definitely a sucker for visuals, too!

Quote Originally Posted by w3pearl View Post
    I don't find Escale a Portofino aquatic at all...E.d Merveilles is also far from aquatic, I think. It is also fresh, though... and has a deeper "pholosophy" behind it. But defo far from aquatic...
    Agree completely that these two are not aquatic, but that they are very refreshing hot weather fragrances.

Thank you all for recommendations.
    Now it's time to go to Sephora and make some test and then buy the chosen one for my wife.

Once again, thank you all.

Not necessarily aquatic but just to add to the lovely refreshing category:

Kristiansand NY

Notes are : Crisp greens, mandarin, exotic spices, white lavender, clary sage, smoky woods, golden amber
    Last edited by lovethescents; 15th February 2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lys Mediterranee by Frederic Malle...Very feminine and very "fresh, watery Casa Blanca-like lilies". This one is on my wish list for summer.

I'll second in any case L'Eau d'Issey for an aquatic, refreshing scent with huge sillage! My fav. aquatic by far.
    Aqua di Giò is nice, too. It has a fruty aspect added.

Hesperidics:
    Aqua di Parma Colonia
    Ô de Lancome
    Clinique Happy
    Pamplelune (Guerlain)
    Dior's Escale a Portofino (refined citrus)
    Light Blue (refreshing, big sillage! Italy in a bottle...!)

Dune (which i am funnily wearing today) isn't aquatic at all. It's salty seasand baked dry in the sun - like on a dune. Add some broom and orange peels. A warm and ambery fragrance with some orangey hints, you might still try it.

Eau/Elixir de Merveilles aren't aquatic either. They're salty and refreshing but neither aquatic nor hesperidic.
    Last edited by lillie; 16th February 2010 at 11:16 AM.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

So I was intrigued by the Vivara suggestions and went to research it. Are you all taking about the new or the original or the Acqua variation? Has anyone tried the discontinued Vivara Super? The notes for that sound excellent.

Thanks.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric