Code of Conduct

Default Just bought....Giorgio Beverly Hills Men

I've just bought a bottle of Giorgio Beverly Hills Men

I'm blown away by how good this is!! The 118ml bottle was £12.00 brand new, boxed & sealed from Ebay!!

Does anyone else love this fragrance and think it is an underrated gem?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Just bought....Giorgio Beverly Hills Men

I love it! It's a fantastic fragrance and a great value.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To me it is a little too abrasive for today not a very complex scent by any means - yet I do find that Red is able to still if into todays world.

Great scent, very underated. good value. Enjoy

You just purchased one of the best! Wonderful juice!!!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Just got mine, after a 18-year separation. This frag is something else!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I had a bottle of this many years ago. Not bad, but it fell out of rotation... But 12 quid for 118ml sounds like quite a bargain to me.

Drugstore.com sells this for 39.99 while overstock.com sells it for a lot less. What do you think the reason is ? Recently I bought a Halston Z-14 from drugstore.com and it was much fresher than the Z-14 which I ordered from walmart...which actually was drop shipped from Elizabeth Arden directly.

Any thoughts ? Timing is important. I may want to bring it on an up coming trip.

Thanks

It's fabulous stuff. I don't wear it very often though. VIP is even better, btw.!

Just to have an idea of this one, there are something famous with the same vibe or similar smell?

Ps: I have a sample of Giorgio VIP. Is close to the original?

I think VIP has some similarities with Antaeus

Sound Scents

Very similar. VIP is a tad more refined. I like them about equal. The regular is the better value due to it's re-release. I got my 118 ml for $12.50... I think this one is under-rated and at that kind of price should be bought by all.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Yes, they are pretty close but VIP is noticeably more refined, IMO.

I just tried it last night right before bed. I didn't use much but I was still surprised by how weak it seemed. There was also a "synthetic" ambery quality I've noticed in the older frags (men's and women's). I'll have to wear it normally before I can write up a review. I have tried VIP, and I'd say if you want VIP but can't afford it, go for Moods Uomo instead. MU is closer to VIP than the original Giorgio Men is.

Hm... that's strange. I have and love Moods Uomo but I never made the connection with VIP. Moods is all about airy Patchouly and Rose while VIP is much denser and has a lot more going on (Amber, Honey, Patchouly, Cedar, etc).

Unfortunately never was a fan of this fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Unfortunately never was a fan of this fragrance.
    Why?

Great clubbing scent this is and a real powerhouse surrounding you in a cloud of honey and patchouli.

My guess is that there may be a significant difference between/among formulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    My guess is that there may be a significant difference between/among formulations.
    I don't think there is, Bigsly. This has already been confirmed by many reliable Basenoters. The newest formula, and it is the only one I have tried, is really good.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I don't think there is, Bigsly. This has already been confirmed by many reliable Basenoters. The newest formula, and it is the only one I have tried, is really good.
    The new formulation just doesn't compare to the old one. This is no surprise. I have recently bought *3 bottles of the new EA formulation and I agree with Bigsly that it is weak and un deserving of my money. If it works for someone else all the power to them.

I did not smell a difference between the 3 bottles...just a weak attempt to bring back an oldie.

When you say weak, I really hope you don't mean in strength !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    When you say weak, I really hope you don't mean in strength !
    Absolutely. I have timed it on my skin. It lasts for 1 hr before is starts to dissolve. By the time 2 hours is up it is hardly noticeable.

I did however spray a good amount on a * cotton shirt and it lasted for 2 days. However if a scent doesn't last on my body it is worthless. I get into the sweat factor. If it doesn't activate when I sweat then it does nothing for me.

Wow there must have been a reformulation because this is the strongest and long lasting fragrance in my collection. I get 16 hours and the sillage is Atomic in its strength. Even one spray is to much and I only wear this for parties and going to clubs as I find it to strong and long lasting for daily wear.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Absolutely. I have timed it on my skin. It lasts for 1 hr before is starts to dissolve. By the time 2 hours is up it is hardly noticeable....
    Well....I think there may have been something wrong with your sample or bottle ( whatever you had). I have the EA rereleased version in a sample, and it is atomic ( like Jack mentioned).

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I gave the EA version a regular wearing today (1 spray to chest). It's probably strong enough for me, but I won't go to two sprays because I find that this kind of frag can nauseate me. I think it's the combination of patchouli, amber, and wood, especially cedar. Here, there is sandalwood and cedar listed as notes, but they must be very mild, because I barely detect anything resembling wood and this frag doesn't bother me too much. There is also the possibility that it's too blended, because the new Givenchy Gentleman doesn't seem to bother me. GG has better note separation, so right now I'd guess it's the blending that is most likely to blame.

Anyway, Giorgio for Men does seem strong enough, but I could certainly imagine it being stronger. It has a bit of that "synthetic"/rubbery amber thing going that's common in many older frags, but it's not too bad. This is not really the kind of frag I enjoy most these days, but it does seem to be at least a decent formulation, unlike some others I've encountered. In other words, if there's too much blending of certain notes, an accord results that some people find nauseating.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 14th October 2011 at 10:58 PM.

Walnuts, walnuts, walnuts. 1 shot is all you'll need as far as application or trial.

As the day wore on, I liked it more and more. Any stronger, though, and I think it would have nauseated me. I'm glad I have a bottle, and I hope that I can continue to wear it every few weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Absolutely. I have timed it on my skin. It lasts for 1 hr before is starts to dissolve. By the time 2 hours is up it is hardly noticeable.

I did however spray a good amount on a * cotton shirt and it lasted for 2 days. However if a scent doesn't last on my body it is worthless. I get into the sweat factor. If it doesn't activate when I sweat then it does nothing for me.
    Interesting. On me Giorgio dies quickly as well. I think my skin is at times quite dry and the fragrance doesn't or can't develop.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just bought a bottle of the reformulated version from EA,and have to say it disappears off my skin within the hour, which is a shame as the smell itself is great. Has it ever been faked could I have a fake bottle perhaps?

Love it, Love it, Love it, just bought another 118ml bottle for £12, it is one of the few frags that is Dirt cheap but does not smell cheap, fantastic stuff......

double post
    Last edited by Russellneal; 19th January 2013 at 04:18 PM.

I have the latest formulation, wore it yesterday, and can say longevity is quite good.
    This one will never be confused for fem or unisex. A good one if you're man enough for the powerhouse frags.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Russellneal View Post
    Love it, Love it, Love it, just bought another 118ml bottle for £12, it is one of the few frags that is Dirt cheap but does not smell cheap, fantastic stuff......
    I couldn't agree more!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Dependent

This stuff is massive patchouli and some honey. But a little leather (birch tar) turned me off, so it was unfortunately a no-go. But very bold! My bottle had quite good longevity . . . 8+ hours on skin.

Guess I'll have to go back to the incredible Ungaro I to get my patchouli & honey fix.

Where are you guys buying these amazing bottles ? Remember the batch drama that I went through ? Has anyone picked up the distribution for this after EA dropped it or are people still playing roulette with EA ?

It's a scrubber for me!!

The new one is too strong for me, so one spray just above the navel and only in cold weather. Top note olfactory fatigue is likely why some say it doesn't last long. The original has too much patchouli for me, so I decided to swap or sell it.

This reminds me of Givenchy Gentleman with honey added to it. Longevity and sillage are waaaaay above average, approaching nuclear. Great stuff especially for the value! I love it.

I love it as well and is the only honey fragrance I like
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?