Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Salvador Dali Pour Homme.

I wore Salvador Dali Pour Homme the other day from a bottle long languishing in one of my fragrance refrigerators. Upon wearing throughout the day I realized why I had like it from the beginning. Spice, incense and vanilla, clary sage, Sandalwood, cedar, and more envelop you and last all day. Unfortunately, I hear it is now discontinued so, got a back up bottle. If you have not tried this fragrance you are missing a very enjoyable experience IMO. Salvador Dali Pour Homme is sort of like Shalimar on steroids and other mind altering drugs. (LOL)

Default Re: Salvador Dali Pour Homme.

It's a very mystifying fragrance to me. I really enjoy it, but this is one that feels out of place in many settings (to me).

I think unfortunately I have come to sample it too late.
    Its a balls out frag that I would definitely have to wear a couple of times to get used to it, to get to love it that is.
    Considering it's unfortunately a rare gem and not blowing me away right from the start i'l prob stick to the more recent loves.
    but it's definitely one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    If you have not tried this fragrance you are missing a very enjoyable experience IMO.
    Yes, indeed.

Remember, although I said this story before on multiple occasions, this was the frag I wore for the very first time, as a teen and which gave me an anachronistically edgy and sophisticated style with only 14, when most of the guys were just wearing something to "get the girls".

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

It is a recent top quality addition to my wardrobe that will be subject to regular wearings. In fact I am going to wear it tonight.
    Last edited by kbe; 15th February 2010 at 09:56 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I keep two backup bottles tucked safely away!

It's so smokey, rosey and mossy with a boat-load of patchouli, incense and cold leather. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the intention of the nose who created it that SDpH is the olfactive equivalent of a trip -if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I keep two backup bottles tucked safely away!

It's so smokey, rosey and mossy with a boat-load of patchouli, incense and cold leather. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the intention of the nose who created it that SDpH is the olfactive equivalent of a trip -if you know what I mean
    Smells like an upscale occult store to me... and I mean that in the best way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Smells like an upscale occult store to me... and I mean that in the best way possible.
    Yeah, I can see that. Do you reemember one called The Cat's Eye in Long Beach?? That place is what SMN Patchouli and Borneo 1834 bring to mind when I smell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. Do you reemember one called The Cat's Eye in Long Beach?? That place is what SMN Patchouli and Borneo 1834 bring to mind when I smell them.
    The Eye of the Cat... Yes.. I used to like it but it got kind of filthy in there. You are probably too young to remember the Sorcerer's Shop in West Hollywood.. that place was pristine!!

I don't think this fragrance is discontinued - it is very unique and not for the mainstream. But only the homme and femme where the only fragrances that Salvador Dali himself collaborated on.

Salvador Dali pour homme is a beautiful scent. I associate it with Bohemian artist types. Belonging to the theatre community in my city, it's a favorite scent of mine to wear to coffee shop meetings where my friends and I convene to discuss scripts. I've worn it to art symposiums, outdoor concerts, museums etc.

I had actually been searching for a fragrance that would satisy a scent association with Puccini's "La Boheme"; something I had hoped that Rive Gauche pour homme would have done, because of it's name: "Left Bank." Despite the name, I found Rive Gauche too clean and antiseptic to represent the Left Bank of the era of the Puccini Opera. Happily, the Dali fragrance fulfilled this association purpose.

It is a wonderful scent for cold weather but, like Kouros, Salvador Dali pour homme blooms in hot weather. I have never worn more than one spray at a time, in any weather, as it is a sillage bomb.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 16th February 2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

This is a classic. It can be difficult to find a place to wear it sometimes, like Mrclmind says, but it's great to wear on a rainy night, walking down a sidewalk on a mysterious street where the water drizzles over the lips of gargoyles all the way down into your hair. Did I mention that you must be wearing a black shirt and coat. It helps if it's one of those days when you can't get Echo & the Bunnymen's version of "People Are Strange" out of your head. Sometimes it can be a bit weird-- last time I wore it, somebody close by thought they smelled asparagus-- I just assumed they were talking about the Dali. Still, an amazingly brooding brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    This is a classic. It can be difficult to find a place to wear it sometimes, like Mrclmind says, but it's great to wear on a rainy night, walking down a sidewalk on a mysterious street where the water drizzles over the lips of gargoyles all the way down into your hair. Did I mention that you must be wearing a black shirt and coat. It helps if it's one of those days when you can't get Echo & the Bunnymen's version of "People Are Strange" out of your head. Sometimes it can be a bit weird-- last time I wore it, somebody close by thought they smelled asparagus-- I just assumed they were talking about the Dali. Still, an amazingly brooding brew.
    That was awesome! I think maybe you could also be listening to an old Bauhaus recording and feel quite at home in that scenario.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

SDpH is one of a kind. Amazingly deep frag.

The reviews here on BaseNotes crack me up always.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Blog Entries

Salvador would have been well pleased I think. Surealism still lives in his work of fragrance as it affects our daily lives. Below are quotes from Slavador Dali.

"I don't do drugs, I am drugs!" "The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 16th February 2010 at 07:00 AM.

I have a small bottle of this but never wear it

there's only about a ton of it on ebay all cheap@