Code of Conduct

Post Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

What occasion can you imagine wearing this fragrance?

I know this fragrance doesn't suit me, I'm young + we're in 2010 not in the '70s. I only spray it on me when I stay home, I love it. But hope dies last, so, can anyone come up with a good occasion to wear it ?

thanks in advance.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Seventies night at the local disco. lol....... Seriously though this is a classic and best worn when YOU feel comfortable in wearing it as everyone is different.

I have smelled people wearing Paco Rabanne more frequently lately... there must be a retro fragrance thing happening here in SoCal. I like Paco, and would never feel self conscious wearing it... It's pretty versatile if applied lightly.

Just bought a bottle of this actually, and I'm 24. To me it's a pretty fresh herbal type thing that's really not too strong and I find dies pretty quickly, so I wear it lightly to the office, or out on the weekends. Mostly a day scent, sort of spring, maybe warm winter or cool summer too. I think it's a nice "fresh" scent when I don't feel like an aquatic or vetiver, etc
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I think it's pretty super too. Seems like the contrast to so much that's worn today that it's a great herbal delight.

I'd say pick a regular day and wear it through the day. See if it doesn't sort of feel and become appropriate no matter what you're doing.

As to its '70s/'80s origins, I think the actual smell is very restrained compared to a lot of the extravagant smells of those periods. I don't think there'd be any worry that such a calm herbal scent would be out of sync with our or any times.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Truthfully at any occasion

Sur la Plage

I would recommend using the oringal version for almost any occasion. I don't recommend the current formulation at all.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Any time,and any where you want to exhibit excellent taste!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I associate it with a typical "boardroom" atmosphere, a very distinguished country club or luxury restaurant, where usually wealthier and elderly, yet extremely elegant and well-groomed people gather. Nevertheless, I don't consider it a very dated frag and, due to its strong citrus-herbal notes, it might actually be suitable for semi-casual wear and/or occasions, as well as being worn anytime during summer and warmer temperatures.

Dude, whatta heck, just wear it. I put Azzaro PH on me just like that, I don't give a s**it I'm too young for it. Btw Paco Rabanne PH is my dads signature scent

I wear it to work - 1 spray. Excellent stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Dude, whatta heck, just wear it. I put Azzaro PH on me just like that, I don't give a s**it I'm too young for it. Btw Paco Rabanne PH is my dads signature scent
    Tasteful dad! Wisdom passed from father to son no doubt. Probably still more fragrance wisdom that could pass from son to father now!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Don't limit yourself with preconceived ideas about what would suit you or otherwise.

Be confident in your tastes and see through the smoke of "age barriers". If you want to wear Paco brother do so with pride
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

I wear it all the time. I think it's certainly office-wearable, though I suppose it depends on what your office is like. It certainly goes well with anything outdoors-y.
    I don't think it's anywhere near as dated as, say, the original RL Polo - it must be the patchouli that makes me think that way, though. That said, it's a little strong for very hot weather, IMO.

Paco PH is probably my favourite scent ever, and FWIW, it's my partner's favourite scent on me. She really does not like traditional '70's heavy hitters, either.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

You say you love it. No one has banned you from wearing it out. Life is too short for self-limitation.

PR is beautiful. Enjoy it to the full.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    You say you love it. No one has banned you from wearing it out. Life is too short for self-limitation.

PR is beautiful. Enjoy it to the full.
    What he just said.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Tasteful dad! Wisdom passed from father to son no doubt. Probably still more fragrance wisdom that could pass from son to father now!
    in fact I bought him Paco Rabanne PH for his birthday, he loved it instantly...next birthday I might purchase Givenchy Gentleman for him...years ago he was using Pino Silvestre original when it was obtainable. But now, son really knows much more even than mom...but she'd beat me if we were in a women fragrances debate, no doubt.

Been wanting it for a long time, and just placed an order last week. Tried it from the mini and had to get one.

IMO, wear it to office is appropriate, especially when you have a meeting.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Institution

I wear it when I'm leaving the gym (after a shower) on weekends - it seems to click perfectly w/ that sort of vibe, to me.

be happy, that you discovered it at young age and enjoy wearing it-there isn´t much better stuff out there. a perfect all year round for any occassion. My recommendation is PR in summer and Givenchy Gentleman in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88 View Post
    I wear it to work - 1 spray. Excellent stuff
    Same here, work frag. I spray more but early in the day so I won't get that ridiculous sillage, and try not to reapply too much during the day lest I want to kill my officemates. The sharp "green"-ness is a great pick-me-up during the day, and I like how I get whiffs of it every time I move

I think it's good for any age, any time. It's timeless; it's good with jeans and a T-shirt, or a tux. There's nothing wrong with smelling clean like soap.

I still think Paco Rabanne is one of the greatest men's scents ever. I never tire of it. I think it can be worn in any occasion, casual or with a tuxedo. At first sniff, it's a pretty macho smelling scent, but it's so good and versatile, I really feel that it molds itself to whoever is wearing it, regardless of age, appearance or personality.

I'll always have a bottle on my bureau.

I used to enjoy this when I was in my twenties. I then bought another bottle about a year ago and found it a bit sharp and just wondered whether this was a hindsight thing. However,I was recently able to buy an aftershave of PR from the 80s on ebay. It is less sharp and a bit more creamy and i have fallen in love with it all over again. It is so evocative of my youth!

Personally I find PR just a tad smoky but I think it's suitable for just about anything if you can get past that. It's clean and soapy. I'm not really a fan of it but it is very clean and inoffensive, as long as you apply it sparingly.

I cannot think of any occasion where you shouldn't wear this

Any occasion. Period.
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

I found the vintage to be much more my taste as it is much more muskier than the new stuff
    yum
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by joelarner View Post
    I used to enjoy this when I was in my twenties. I then bought another bottle about a year ago and found it a bit sharp and just wondered whether this was a hindsight thing. However,I was recently able to buy an aftershave of PR from the 80s on ebay. It is less sharp and a bit more creamy and i have fallen in love with it all over again. It is so evocative of my youth!
    I'm so jealous of you -- I've been looking for the original for some time, just to smell it again! Would you consider selling a little? It would mean a lot to me.
    June100

I'm going to say.......college football game. Big 10 college football game.....it smells like a clean victory...
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

work, dinner, formal event. it is a very mature and masculine frag, barber shop smell the ladies like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Truthfully at any occasion
    Agreed.. Dammit! -I miss that Sport version!!

I'd wear it on business meetings, is chic, uniform and not bedizen one little bit!!

I love it aswell :P

It is a more muskier, smokier version of Quorum!!

cheers!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Echoing all the comments above, I would simply say just wear it whenever you want to. Life is too short.

If I was to impart any advice before I 'shuffle off this mortal coil' it would be this - enjoy the good things in life NOW.

Hi trapper,

don´t care about the others!
    A scent you love is corresponding to your heart and to the deepest states of your consciousness, have the courage to wear it with pride and a smile in your face.
    It´s in the nature of perfumes, the essential thought, to express yourself!
    Scents are a perfect tool for grandstanding, don´t bother about the simple, mass market influenced meaning of the majority!!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I would recommend using the oringal version for almost any occasion. I don't recommend the current formulation at all.
    -Do you think they are so different?

Don't wear it to funerals. Everything else: you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Don't wear it to funerals. Everything else: you're good.
    Totally agree.

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme is a timeless classic and it's hard to imagine too many occasions where it is totally out of place.

For some reason I like like to wear it on cold, rainy days.

Just this minute popped into my local chemist for something & there on the counter was a svelte green tester bottle of Mr. Rabanne's finest! I couldn't resist so - after finding a bit of my body not already soused with Insensé - I had a good squirt: whoa! those opening notes! Gotta love 'em!

When you want to smell like soap.

Wear it when it's hot enough to wear a linen shirt. This and Kouros work best in these conditions.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M