Code of Conduct

Default finally went with Tribute

After weeks of sampling 10 different Amouage fragrances and both attars, I finally went with Tribute and ordered a bottle yesterday. Truly amazing stuff. Took me a while though to justify the price .... but as one reviewer on the web observed, "- the money goes into the ingredients, not into some supermodel or celebrity's pocket. Hence, my respect."

Default Re: finally went with Tribute

There is a real quality and something special about those Amouage Attars they stand out imo as a fragrance above and beyond your usual fragrances. Good purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to buy samples of the Attars from Amouage direct or another stockist?
    I've tried all the other Amouage fragrances and purchased a few in recent years, but I've never come across the Attars to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a great purchase

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

If you can stomach the prices your best bet is the Perfumed Court, you can buy quite a few decants of the different attars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on Perfumed Court, I see they do ship Internationally so I'll have a good look on there.

Yes - Perfumed Court is where I got my attar samples. Great service. (BTW, I'm also selling them my limited edition of Creed Fleurs De Gardenia which was a blind buy for my wife 4 years ago but it wasn't for her. I've never seen any decants of it for sale anywhere, but you'll be able to get it from them shortly.)

Congrats on your investment ItalianStallion, Amouage certainly produces quality products. That small bottle is going to last a very long time and only get better with age.

The Amouage attars really are head and shoulders above the rest. they have over a dozen of them now you should try the other...but a little hard to come by. I have molook and the new Al mas coming. some reason amouage dosent even reply to you if you email their site.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    The Amouage attars really are head and shoulders above the rest. they have over a dozen of them now you should try the other...but a little hard to come by. I have molook and the new Al mas coming. some reason amouage dosent even reply to you if you email their site.
    I tried to purchase Al Andulus Attar from Harrod's over the phone. Thes salesman said he couldn't ship to the USA and gave me Amouage's e-mail saying they could ship direct for me. I e-mailed 1/13/10 and Claudia Gordge replied 2/15/10. Just a little over a month for a simple reply. Totally unacceptable to me. Hell I had already recieved a bottle of Al Andulus from Les Senteurs which ordered it for me and had Amouage ship it direcly to me. Claudia Gordge needs to be terminated IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I tried to purchase Al Andulus Attar from Harrod's over the phone. Thes salesman said he couldn't ship to the USA and gave me Amouage's e-mail saying they could ship direct for me. I e-mailed 1/13/10 and Claudia Gordge replied 2/15/10. Just a little over a month for a simple reply. Totally unacceptable to me. Hell I had already recieved a bottle of Al Andulus from Les Senteurs which ordered it for me and had Amouage ship it direcly to me. Claudia Gordge needs to be terminated IMO.
    I don't understand why Amouage doesn't offer the other attars in the U.S. :-(

Lucky guy, congrats on such a fantastic purchase from a fellow Amouage lover!

(I have yet to try Tribute...)

Post Thanks / Like

I really need to try Tribute
    but to be honest I have been, so far at least, very disappointed with Amouage.
    I think it is due to the fact that I have a lot of experience with traditional attars, and well, Amouages prices do no justify what I smell compared to other middle eastern attars out there.

But that's just me
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I am not alone on my purchase
    I bought tribute early January and I am enamored with it!!!
    Why is there no page for it though?
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Post Thanks / Like

The note that always wows me with most things Amouge is the frankincense. Supposedly they like to build fragrances around a particular Omani silver frankincense that is produced locally and as far as I can tell is a fantastic ingredient that is worthy "Tribute". Tribute Attar is an outstanding fragrance that is supremely masculine - very bold. I had both, but I opted to use Amouge Epic Man which I found to be a wonderful alcohol based perfume version of almost the same note profiles that are in Tribute Attar. Epic Man is expensive too but the ingredients are top quality - no doubt! However, in a side by side comparison the other day I noticed that Dirty English by Juicy smells very similar to Epic Man. So for much less money you can get the same kind of profiles with Dirty English as in Epic Man and as in Tribute Attar but for much less money. These three are very different from each other, but there is also lots of similarity. I think they fill a similar need in the wardrobe for this kind dark masculine incensey leather woods fragrance.

The listed notes for:

Tribute Attar - Rose Taifi, Jasmine, Saffron, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Tobacco, Leather, Patchouli, Vetiver.

Epic Man - pink pepper, saffron, geranium, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Leather, Patchouli, cumin, cardamom, mace essence, nutmeg, myrtle, myrrh, oud, sandalwood, musk

Dirty English - Mandarin, Bergamot, Blue Cypress, Cardamom, Caraway, Marjoram, Black Leather, Sandalwood, Atlas Cedar, Vetiver, Amber Musk, Agarwood, Black Moss Absolute, Ebony Wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Amouages prices do no justify what I smell compared to other middle eastern attars out there.

But that's just me
    You and me, both

I've toyed around with some traditional attars and while they aren't Amouage, they come pretty close -- my thoughts coincide with yours when it comes to shelling out Amouage prices for a little difference at the most.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I opted to use Amouge Epic Man which I found to be a wonderful alcohol based perfume version of almost the same note profiles that are in Tribute Attar. Epic Man is expensive too but the ingredients are top quality - no doubt! However, in a side by side comparison the other day I noticed that Dirty English by Juicy smells very similar to Epic Man. So for much less money you can get the same kind of profiles with Dirty English as in Epic Man and as in Tribute Attar but for much less money.
    Now we need the next step down, a dime store version of Tribute. Any thoughts? Tabu? Stetson?