Code of Conduct

Default soon to order Gucci Envy

I tried it long ago and liked it. I heard it is rare, discontinued. By your opinion is it worth having it? I'm open to more suggestions, but I'm pretty sure it is unobtainable in my country. What is the availability of this fragrance in your country?

Default Re: soon to order Gucci Envy

As far as Im aware, Envy has not been discontinued, though it has suffered a little from reformulation.

This is still one of the best mainstream releases to this day IMHO.
    It is available everywhere here in Denmark.

Ok, so you're all welcome to give me recommendations. Mayhaps you all change my mind. Gucci Envy and PH I are impossible to find in this part of Europe.

I think Envy is a good mainstream frag that almost anyone could wear frequently. It is by Tom Ford--very good reputation. Envy has been around for a while, so the price is getting reasonable. I hope you can get it without too much trouble.

you can get is easy over here though

Here in Slovenia is now also hard to find any Gucci scent except PH2 and Gucci by gucci, the same with YSL, only La nuit homme and Kouros is available. 1 year ago there was everything from both designers.
    Envy: I really like it, good for winter and summer evenings. Im not an expert but I can describe it as L'occitane Vetyver + sweet vanilla + some ginger, not totally similar notes, but wearable like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I think Envy is a good mainstream frag that almost anyone could wear frequently. It is by Tom Ford--very good reputation. Envy has been around for a while, so the price is getting reasonable. I hope you can get it without too much trouble.
    it's just that I've heard of it to be discountinued so many times. No perfume shop in Cro holds it. Mainstream in your area it might be, here a rarity

All these ˝old˝ scents are a rarity here.

Quote Originally Posted by seemon View Post
    Here in Slovenia is now also hard to find any Gucci scent except PH2 and Gucci by gucci, the same with YSL, only La nuit homme and Kouros is available. 1 year ago there was everything from both designers.
    Envy: I really like it, good for winter and summer evenings. Im not an expert but I can describe it as L'occitane Vetyver + sweet vanilla + some ginger, not totally similar notes, but wearable like this.
    Slovenia was a last bastion of Gucci scents in former Yugoslavia countries, now you've joined the club obviously...Gucci PH I, Envy and other are unobtainable. PH II, Gucci by Gucci PH - these are well stocked and the SA's tend to push them in your nose. PH II is really not bad, but I'm not overly impressed. Gucci by Gucci is very nice, but lacks projection immensely wich is a big turn off to me, otherwise it'd already be in my collection.

As of last September, Gucci Envy is still readily available in Belgrade, Serbia, so its still in the region.
    I think you ought to check the marketplace, or hold out until you can find some - its very much worth the effort.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 16th February 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    I think Envy is a good mainstream frag that almost anyone could wear frequently.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Sur la Plage

I really like it and recommend it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I tried it long ago and liked it. I heard it is rare, discontinued. By your opinion is it worth having it? I'm open to more suggestions, but I'm pretty sure it is unobtainable in my country. What is the availability of this fragrance in your country?
    Envy is one of few masculines that I really like because I usually prefer soft and sweet scents over spicy scents. It smells exactly as I would expect from green coloured fragrance. I'd like to own it sometimes in future.

In Slovakia its still easily available in shops & online but if you can't find it try scentmonkey.com. They ship everywhere and I bought Gucci PH2 there super cheap (for just bit higher price as Avon scents in my country ).

You already know my opinion about that one.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th February 2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: 3.1

In my country, it is pretty easily available and quite affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    You already know my opinion about that one.
    hell yeah Gucci Envy and Dior Homme are my must haves this year...

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I really like it and recommend it.
    What he said!

Hmmmm. I see a pattern.

I see plans within plans, within plans

Envy for Men is an awesome scent. However, if you absolutely cannot find a bottle, even online, two scents I'd recommend which I think are very similar to Envy are:

Eryo (Yves Rocher)
    Arpege Pour Homme (Lanvin)

Granted, these two don't have the sexy packaging and green juice that Envy has, but they are both very good spicy, woody orientals, capturing a very similar vibe to Envy's. They are also very inexpensive and easy to find online.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Envy for Men is an awesome scent. However, if you absolutely cannot find a bottle, even online, two scents I'd recommend which I think are very similar to Envy are:

Eryo (Yves Rocher)
    Arpege Pour Homme (Lanvin)

Granted, these two don't have the sexy packaging and green juice that Envy has, but they are both very good spicy, woody orientals, capturing a very similar vibe to Envy's. They are also very inexpensive and easy to find online.
    wow, tnx Who cares about the package...it's the stuff that matters!

Nothing to see here
    Last edited by Maxpower; 17th February 2010 at 12:11 PM.