Code of Conduct

Default Td'H - Parfum version worth the double price tag?

I'm definitely wanting to buy a bottle of Terre d'Hermes in the near future, and was wondering about the parfum version. I've tried the original edt and I absolutely love it, and I hear the parfum version is smoother and generally even better, but is it good enough to warrant the near-double price tag? I'm gonna try and get a sample of it from online, but in the mean time I just wanted some of your opinions on it.

Default Re: Td'H - Parfum version worth the double price tag?

I have both and yes, in my opinion while the parfum is smoother, both are good. If you can find a parfum tester, the price is much cheaper - i.e., I paid $70 for a 2.5 oz parfum tester.
    Last edited by ItalianStallion; 16th February 2010 at 02:19 PM.

Sur la Plage

IMO, yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

This question is very interesting to me ... I“m considering buying Terre d'Hermes but I could not test the EDP ... I prefer fragrances that project well and average longevity at least. I have read opinions about the EDP commenting that is close to skin ... is that correct? It was then I would go head-to by the EDT. Thanks and apologies for the intrusion in this thread but I think it best to post here and not create a new thread asking the same thing.

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I found it at Beauty Encounter for $85 (I think they have testers for less). That's $30 less than the retail of $115. Not a bad price.

Based on my sampling, no; on a value for money basis, stick with the EDT.

The Parfum opens a little differently to the EDT - the orange/citrus is 'lifted' or cleaner, but after that it settles almost identically to the EDT. With the advertising tag line as 'A new density' I was anticipating something with a little more oomph.

From the blurb:

"A new density of the classic Terre d'Hermes eau de toilette, Terre d'Hermes pure perfume carves out a new path in the universe of men's fragrances. This elegantly masculine scent underscores the facets of both mineral and woody blends by amplifying the vivacious sparkle of citrus scents with a note of shiso - a distinctive oriental spice with a zesty minty aroma."

Here's a few opinions you might consider:

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...rfum_20_2.html

http://www.peredepierre.com/2009/08/...um-hermes.html

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Terr...-ciel-946.html

I have both...............and would buy both again. FWIW I bought both in a Debenhams and they were similar price per ml (£64 for 75 ml parfum and £48 for 50 ml EdT, within 3 months of each other). Best advice is to try both - IMO parfum is deeper and rounder but EdT is fresher and has better sillage.

dnc

Hell yeah - go for it!

If you can get it for around the same as the EdT I'd go the parfum. But I don't think theres enough difference to warrant the extra price, especially when I already own a nearly full bottle of the original.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 17th February 2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

It depends on what you want from Terre D'Hermes.
    I find the edt far more versatile and lively than the parfum. The progression of notes (particularly top notes) is far better in the edt.
    The parfum goes directly to the base notes. I prefer the top & the middle notes to bloom before settling down to the base.

Besides the edt can be safely sprayed on slightly hot days. The parfum is far too rich to be used in hot climate.
    I have thought of layering the edt and the parfum and will do it anytime soon. I hope to get the best of both the worlds with this.

As for the price, ml per ml, the parfum is definitely twice the price of the edt. You can buy a smaller 12ml bottle of the parfum that
    regularly shows up on ebay. In any case you can't spray the parfum with abandon so a parfum mini is just the thing that you might need.

When buying those 12ml bottles, do be careful. I just had some trouble with one that was made by "Parfums of Hermes", but TdH EdT strength... so look closely.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads