Code of Conduct

Default The surprising Kristiansand New York

Now let me start by saying I'm not affiliated with this house/company but had to share. I recently tried the new Kristiansand fragrance based on the forestial crispness of Norway and the urban heat of NYC. I can't sing it's praises enough. It's citrussy and cracked black pepper in the opening, followed by lavender and cream, and ambery woods. Marketed for men but totally unisex. Anyone else try it??

http://www.kristiansandnewyork.com/EN/
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Default Re: The surprising Kristiansand New York

I've tried it and actually put mine for sale on here.
    I do like it, but it reminds me far too much of a Rance fragrance that I also have, so I don't need two that smell similar.

I tried this today and just wow. It was supposedly inspired by By Man and they really are very similar (which is a very, VERY good thing). I'll definitely be purchasing a full bottle

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I tried this today and just wow. It was supposedly inspired by By Man and they really are very similar (which is a very, VERY good thing). I'll definitely be purchasing a full bottle
    It is a lot of fun, isn't it? I'd be curious to test it against the Rance that Craig mentions....wonder which one that might be? Also, somewhere in the heart, I detect similarities to Creed's Himalaya. Do you get that too? Like some sort of inadvertent gunpowder :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

I live only an hour by car from Kristiansand, and after reading this thread plus the link (thanks!!) I really regret not holding hubby with company today, when he visited Kristiansand to fix a thingy on the car. Bummer!
    Wonder how it would do for summer? I often find men´s scents (colognes, fougères) lighter, brighter and less cloying in the sun than my winter staples.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    I live only an hour by car from Kristiansand, and after reading this thread plus the link (thanks!!) I really regret not holding hubby with company today, when he visited Kristiansand to fix a thingy on the car. Bummer!
    Wonder how it would do for summer? I often find men´s scents (colognes, fougères) lighter, brighter and less cloying in the sun than my winter staples.
    Hmmmm.....interesting question, musse. The opening and heart are a resounding "yes!" for the heat but I wonder about the base? It is a bit sweet and incensey. I'm not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Hmmmm.....interesting question, musse. The opening and heart are a resounding "yes!" for the heat but I wonder about the base? It is a bit sweet and incensey. I'm not sure?
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. It would probably be great as a night time scent.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. It would probably be great as a night time scent.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    It is a lot of fun, isn't it? I'd be curious to test it against the Rance that Craig mentions....wonder which one that might be? Also, somewhere in the heart, I detect similarities to Creed's Himalaya. Do you get that too? Like some sort of inadvertent gunpowder :-)
    It smells like a sweeter version of Le Vainquer that it reminds me of

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It smells like a sweeter version of Le Vainquer that it reminds me of
    Hmmmm, don't know that one. I'll have to check it out. Thanks, Craig!

I've been working through my sample of Kristiansand NY and it's really growing on me. I'm typically NOT a fan of powdery fragrances, but this is one of the best powders I've encountered. It's clean, spiced and powder with lower notes of wood. Very warm and sensual. I'm considering getting a bottle of this in the future.

Blog Entries

We received a sample of Kristiansand New York (thanks, Britt!); I was curious about it, thanks to having talked about it with a BN friend who also wanted to try it, and was eager for Mr. 30R to try it. (I'm his chief enabler when it comes to perfume.)

When it arrived, I dabbed it on and mmm'ed as it evolved. I loved the spicy notes, found that it evolved smoothly and didn't dislike any phase of its development-- which is more than I can say about some of my husband's other fragrances. It wasn't loud, and it was different from anything else he owned. To me it's more creamy than powdery. The amber is warm but not sweet or cloying, as amber is too often for me. The dab lasted easily 4-5 hours. I felt confident that my husband would like it as much as I did. I didn't really see myself wearing it, though. Not that it couldn't be worn by women-- any scent can-- but I preferred to smell it on him.

Anyway, the following day he applied the whole sample vial-- about .7ml! Off we went on a date, while our daughter was in school. I could smell it all day and enjoyed being near it. He thought it lasted about 4 hours, so maybe it was the scent clinging to his shirt that I was smelling. Whatever-- it was very pleasant.

Unfortunately, he was not as thrilled-- he didn't dislike it, but said it wasn't strong enough or unusual enough. This is what happens after one's husband buys Amouage Tribute, I guess. He's been spoiled.

The vial was empty, but this afternoon I tapped it and rubbed the dabber on my hand to smell again. Too bad, I still like it!