Code of Conduct

Default Being surprised by Kristiansand

I posted a thread like this on the Female Discussion page but I probably should have done the same here since it's marketed for men. Now, let me start by saying I'm not affiliated with this house/company but had to share my thoughts . I recently tried the new Kristiansand fragrance based on the forestial crispness of Norway and the urban heat of NYC. I can't sing it's praises enough. It's citrussy and cracked black pepper in the opening, followed by lavender and cream, and ambery woods. I think it's totally unisex. Has anyone else tried it??

http://www.kristiansandnewyork.com/EN/

Looking to discuss :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Default Re: Being surprised by Kristiansand

No but I've been wanting to .... how sweet is the amber / wood drydown ?

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    No but I've been wanting to .... how sweet is the amber / wood drydown ?
    I wouldn't call it very sweet, that's for sure. It would certainly lean towards the more masculine end of the spectrum but this frag generally unisex.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    I wouldn't call it very sweet, that's for sure. It would certainly lean towards the more masculine end of the spectrum but this frag generally unisex.
    Thanks - test it i shall

I think the title of this thread is so appropriate, as I bought this on a blind buy and at first was not overly impressed --it's initial few experiences come across as a slightly sweet, peppery, amber powder type of fragrance. Something that has been done before in By Man as mentioned already. Though it does not get a lot of attention on the forums, and not entirely original, it is a high quality fragrance that is perfect for nighttime affairs especially this time of year in the cold. At a party last night, several people asked me what I was wearing and complimented me(and got much closer). Very nice fragrance!

I tried this a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, my nose was acting up and I couldn't get a good feel for it. Will have to sample it again at some point.

PS: Is this an EdC concentration?

KMF, I am looking at my bottle now, but strangely it does not say. I am not 100% sure, but would say it is perfume strength. You can feel the oil in it and the lasting power is very good. Stronger than an EdC for sure.