Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Does 212 Men Project on u

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, LIKE A BEAST!

12 85.71%
  • Nope

2 14.29%

Default Does 212 MEN Project Crazy on Anbody Else?

Either i have skin with great siliedge, but 212 Men projects like a BEAST on me. I sprayed one on each inner elbow at like 10:45am and my friend comes into the shop wear i work at around 4pm, and he said the whole shop smelled of my cologne.

For class i wear one shot to the neck, and my friends told me like 6 hours later that they can still smell it, but when i smell my wrist i can barely at all.

I'm beginning to think to just do 1 to the chest if i have that much projection people might be hating me in class.

Last week i did London to the neck, and for the first 30 min i heard was SNIFF SNIFF
    Last edited by Metalica77; 17th February 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Default Re: Does 212 MEN Project Crazy on Anbody Else?

Ohh yes. 212 Men is tenacious like a mofo. I sprayed it twice and my friend could smell me clearly from 10 feet away after having it on for 4-5 hours. I also remember applying it, taking a shower, applying GPHII and then ended up being able to smell the 212 more than the Gucci.

I just got it in November so I haven't experienced it in the heat of the summer, but it has been projecting a good bit and lasting a long time for the kind of fragrance it is. But to answer your question, yes, when I am in a warm room especially, I feel like its projecting a lot. It doesn't seem like its a bad thing for me though. I get more compliments with it that anything else since I have gotten it, and they aren't those compliments like they just notice you are wearing something like "what cologne are you wearing" its the good compliments like "damn you smell good!" My roommates have also taken a liking to it, I would apply in the morning around 9 before class and when I got out around 330 they could still notice it when I walked by and really liked it, which is good and bad since now they feel they have free roam in my cologne collection, but I don't mind. Its worth it not to smell axe in the house.

212 Men and d'Issey are fresh monsters on my skin. They put Chrome to shame!

Blog Entries

My sister said 212 smelled like Chinese incense and she hated it. I remembered sitting on the couch and asked if someone lit one up in the house. I thought it was the combination of 212 and what I was eating (Japanese curry). Then I wore it again a couple days later and said, "Ugh, it smells like incense." I still wore the hell out of it for the next several months though. Then I sold it.

Yes it does on me. It's the first fragrance I recommend when people ask for something with nuclear projection.
    Last edited by jellybean1973; 17th February 2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling

I've heard a positive opinion about this scent from an aquiantance of mine, am soon to give this scent a chance...supposed to be ice cold...

Blog Entries

Not even A*Men Pure Malt projected as much as 212 ever did. It's just that it's so damn synthetic like D&G Light Blue (in a good way, I suppose, but smoother). It's probably the only sillage monster I've ever owned and I never realized it because the fragrance just feels so transparent and mossy.

Honestly i didn't even know it was so RIDICULOUS. I wear one spray to the neck all time for class. For some reason nobody in my class likes to give complements Honlestly to fill up a whole room even if it's kinda pleasent is absolutly insane. I dunno how people are suggested to do 3 sprays of this stuff.

Offtopic-- but can u wear SMW to class?

no dont wear SMW to class, you'll kill everyone
    Last edited by Young Dro; 17th February 2010 at 02:07 PM.

@ Young Dro thx. Forgot to mention, i've never worn 212 men in the summer. I bought it in fall, for class and it's green so it's good for fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    no dont wear SMW to class, you'll kill everyone
    Well, I gotta say yes to this one. SMW is quite low key on my skin with near zero projection.
    212 projects like crazy for me and takes at least 3 washings to come out of clothing even if it's not directly applied to clothing.
    I'd have to say 212 and SMW are polar opposites for me.

212 was still pumping out good sillage 4 hours after initial application and a few guys in the office actually noticed. It's quite a feat for a fresh frag to still have good sillage after 4 hours in hot and humid weather.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 17th February 2010 at 03:11 PM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Yeah i can still smell it after 6 hours it has pretty good longevity and i recommended to anyone who can to smell really different and stand out this is what u could go for.

DAMN! I hate all of you, i cant even get a/men to project on my skin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyylicous View Post
    DAMN! I hate all of you, i cant even get a/men to project on my skin
    Neither can I. The only ones I've gotten to remotely project were Geir Ness (it's an Eau du Parfum) and 212 for Men. Everything else stayed within a foot or less range.

That can be the problem with 212 Men is that it has mega sillage and longevity also. Some guy put too much on and can't smell it any more but their 212 scent can take over room and choke you. I find that 212 Sexy Men is the same way also.

Blog Entries

I felt like the sprays I used from the in-store tester of 212 projected very well. I don't feel like I'm getting the same projection from my new full bottle. However, it's quite a bit colder right now than when I was testing it. I hope I don't have a weak bottle, but won't know for sure until it warms up. Nevertheless, this is my new love.

I think the "transparent musk" is responsible for the massive projection.

I was in the checkout line at Costco last week and I kept catching heavy whiffs of sandalwood and Assam-type oud, lots of it. My wife looked at me and asked "Did you bring that stinky oud with you?!"

Her family is from southern Thailand where oud is used for medicinal purposes on infants rather than for perfume. Whenever she smells it she's instantly reminded of medicine and the traumatizing smell as her aunt applied tiny drops of it on her little cousin.
    "You smell like the babies head!" She'll remark whenever I dabble with my Oriscent oils.

We realized the cashier was the one projecting it, so I leaned in and asked what he was wearing. Slightly uncomfortable, as if I asked him to show me his belly-button, he answered "212."

I later learned that 212 was released in 1999, well before the craze of adding agarwood accords to pop fragrances. Oud/agarwood is not mentioned in any fragrance pyramids nor is it listed as an accord to any of the 212 flankers. I still have yet to go sample it for myself.
    So now, until I get a chance to sample it, I'm wondering if he really was wearing 212 or if he was just lying to protect his secret scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    We realized the cashier was the one projecting it, so I leaned in and asked what he was wearing. Slightly uncomfortable, as if I asked him to show me his belly-button, he answered "212."
    lol
    Last edited by Spray; 18th February 2010 at 05:05 AM.

212 - egad, it's a nuclear bomb on me. Loved it in the store, but it's way too strong and chemical for my taste. I get red, watery eyes within a few minutes, and I look like I've been smoking weed, without the pleasant buzz that goes with that. No thanks.