Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Men: Your natural pheromone dispersal and your private and axillary hair.

Yesterday I was going to talk about dispersal of your body's natural male pheromone cocktail and the detrimental effect of razoring your privates smooth, such a fad right now.. but a certain moderator took it in her own hands to nip the topic off without deigning to consult me.

I was about about to discuss a fragrance-related topic, not a grooming one.

So to put it short, don't razor if you want your full attractant ammunition as a man.

If you're interested in knowing more, you know where to find me.

Michael Storer, perfumer
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Men: Your natural pheromone dispersal and your private and axillary hair.

No wonder Zohan got all the women!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Men: Your natural pheromone dispersal and your private and axillary hair.

Michael, speaking from experience as a former Basenotes moderator, the title of your previous thread "Does a discussion about pubic hair have a place on this fragrance forum?" was sufficient enough to deem the answer a "No".
    There are other places on the Basenotes boards where such discourse would be more appropriate: the Male Fragrance Board was not it.

I dont feel it a fair call to suggest that the moderator who closed your topic ought to have consulted with you first. The onus is on YOU, the poster, to approach the moderators by PM if you have a query regarding the creation of a thread that you feel may or may not be well-placed or well-received.
    Why create a public post to seek approval for said public post?

I think the subject matter in question (ie: maintaining the presence of ones body hair in order to transmit ones own scent/pheromones more effectively to attract the opposite sex) is basic biology and speaks for itself. But as other members noted, the Mens Grooming or Off Topic boards would have been a smarter place to discuss it at length.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 17th February 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Is pubic hair a masterpiece?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    Yesterday I was going to talk about dispersal of your body's natural male pheromone cocktail and the detrimental effect of razoring your privates smooth, such a fad right now.. but a certain moderator took it in her own hands to nip the topic off without deigning to consult me.
    A tip of the hat to the moderator.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blahdy blahdy blah blah blah

Hairy men I salute you

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear

Post Thanks / Like

Micheal, the thread title could've perhaps been slightly more appropriate in manner. That being said, I, personally, have or see no qualm in discussing on such a topic. It speaks of pheromones -- which directly or indirectly does form a subject matter concerning perfume since it deals with naturally secreted aromas.

Perhaps moderating is the easiest power to abuse, or maybe it is easiest to never question?

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Call me crazy, I don't see the relevance this thread has.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    So to put it short, don't razor if you want your full attractant ammunition as a man.
    I would like to know what is the basis of this claim?

Post Thanks / Like

Michael,

I suspect you're too busy to search, but this topic (broadly) has already been broached on Basenotes, without incident to my knowledge.

Link here, for the sake of evidence.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/243...get-razor-burn!

Really, your presence here at all is something we should treasure. And I personally don't see why your intended post couldn't be accepted on this board.

Best regards,

Dr_Rudi

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Dr Rudi.

For the sake of evidence, it illustrates perfectly that this discussion indeed belongs in the Men's Grooming forum; not the Male Fragrance Board where it was originally posted.
    I reiterate that the subject matter itself is not taboo: but the forum in which the thread originally appeared was the incorrect one.
    The Mods done good.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried the shave job below once. A pre-puberty memory or two dipped into consciousness--for a few seconds in one sense I was 12 years old again. Some mild summertiime upper thigh chaffing occured during long walks. Actually, I mostly forgot about it until I noticed regrowth had occured. I did it during a period of celebacy so no feedback from others. Meh. Not really my cup of tea.
    Last edited by kbe; 18th February 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I tried the shave job below once. A pre-puberty memory or two dipped into consciousness--for a few seconds in one sense I was 12 years old again. Some mild summertiime upper thigh chaffing occured during long walks. Actually, I mostly forgot about it until I noticed regrowth had occured. I did it during a period of celebacy so no feedback from others. Meh. Not really my cup of tea.

okay. now i wanna shave mine and be a kid again.

*image of thierry mugler comes to mind*

*dies*

Post Thanks / Like

Irrespective whether this discussion is actually relevant or not, I think that no basic rules about one's attractiveness after choosing one option or the other (smooth or not) can be established, I guess it depends pretty much on the context, the potential partner and on many more variable factors