Code of Conduct

Default Things in my wardrobe that are about to run out - What should I replace them with?

By happy coincidence I'm about to finish various frags that I acquired before I joined BN, and I've got, shall we say, a significant birthday coming up in April.

What I'm thinking of is 'if you like A, then B is even better' etc.

The classic example, I guess would be replacing Cool Water with GIT.

So, here's what's running out -

CK - Obsession Night for Men

Montblanc - Homme Exceptionnel

Davidoff - Adventure

YSL - La Nuite de L'Homme

What I'm after here is direct ('better') replacements, not 'you should also have..' (although you can add some of those, too, if you're feeling charitable

Default Re: Things in my wardrobe that are about to run out - What should I replace them with?

John Varvatos to replace CK - Obsession Night for Men

Default Re: Things in my wardrobe that are about to run out - What should I replace them with?

I agree with the John Varvatos suggestion.

As to the Mont Blanc, I have that and really like it, so I would just get another if I were you. Sometimes, something just smells good and spending more money on something else does not necessarily mean you will get more pleasure out of it.

Davidoff Adventure, I don't know, mainly because I don't really like it, so there are plenty of routes you could go down.

As to the YSL, there are lots of fragrances which have those kind of "darker" notes which the YSL alludes to. Personally I think Armani Code would be a good replacement although I must admit it doesn't really float my boat. But if you want something really classy and not too expensive then to be honest I would go with Ungaro III. That's a true evening fragrance, elegant, classy, full of projection and seduction.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...