Code of Conduct

Default Armani eau pour homme

In your opinion, is Armani eau pour homme the best designer 'Italian style' fragrance available?

By Italian style, I'm talking about that lemon/herbal vibe that I strongly associate with Italian fragrances.

Default Re: Armani eau pour homme

Don't know if it's the best, but the original one is a classic IMO however one would classify its style. Glad it's in my collection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Can't imagine anything more Italian than some of the Carthusia and Mazzolari names,especially among citruses. I have an old bottle of the Armani, original formula, and am glad to have it, but it's hard to see anything really different about it when compared to French eaux from the same era. And "Pour Homme" is probably a hint that it's not as Italian as it could be. Just my opinion, not an expert on the genre.

Eau Pour Homme is great. I am sure that there are greater scents out there, but every time I smell it just reminds me of visiting Rome. That laid back yet classy vibe.

Honorable mention to Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa as well. It also has that citrus/herbal style going on, at least on my skin.
    Last edited by santos89; 8th October 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't know if it's the best, but the original one is a classic IMO however one would classify its style. Glad it's in my collection.
    Same here regarding Armani Eau Pour Homme.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

For me, yes, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    Can't imagine anything more Italian than some of the Carthusia and Mazzolari names,especially among citruses. I have an old bottle of the Armani, original formula, and am glad to have it, but it's hard to see anything really different about it when compared to French eaux from the same era. And "Pour Homme" is probably a hint that it's not as Italian as it could be. Just my opinion, not an expert on the genre.
    Obviously, the name influences how it is perceived. If it was called Armani acqua per uomo it might feel more Italian.
    I wonder why they went for a French name for this?

The vintage certainly but the current formulation of Eau pour homme does not last at all unfortuntately.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Carthusia Numero Uno is probably what I'd say as most typical Italian Style fragrance, but it's not designer. So I guess you are right, Armani Eau Pour Homme it is (and yes, using french and not italian in it's name is very odd).

the vintage version was great..but not the best, for sure!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    The vintage certainly but the current formulation of Eau pour homme does not last at all unfortuntately.
    I find that projection settles down quite quickly, no surprise for a citrus fragrance, but I can detect it as a skin scent for at least 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    ...the best 'Italian style' fragrance available... that lemon/herbal vibe...
    You can't beat vintage Armani PH, but a current fragrance that hits the same spot (maybe better) is Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal.

In my opinion, quite likely yes. It has that certain well-balanced range of classic Mediterranean notes: definitely citrus and grassiness, but also certain chypre and woody hints, all this extremely harmoniously associated.

Versace L'Homme anyone?

I own vintage and current Versace L'homme but that one smells pretty different to me.

What is pretty similiar (imo) to Armani Eau pour homme is Trimaran by Yves Rocher but not many people own that fragrance.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)