Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Applying fragrance when your body is wet - increased Longjevity?

I've just been reading this really interesting Blog and wondered if anybody else had tried this method and what the results are. To summarise it involves, applying your frag to chest, neck. arms etc when your body is still wet from bath/shower and then rubbing the water and scent into your skin. Then applying Moisturiser (if you so wish ) and then a final spray of frag when you are dry and before you dress?

Some interesting ideas in here.

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/245...D-quot-Part-II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Applying fragrance when your body is wet - increased Longjevity?

I have extremely dry skin, anything that I put on my skin after about an hour after a shower until the moisturizer soaks in is basically a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

If your skin's wet then it's going to dilute the fragrance. When you get out of the shower your pores are open so your skin is more absorbent. My guess would be that the time to put moisturizer on is right after you get out of the shower and dry your skin. The key would be not to put on too much so that the fragrance would still be able to blend with your skin oil. Too much and your making a barrier to the fragrance.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Can't imagine applying fragrance to anything other than dry skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Read the blog in the link, it's an interest take on things

Post Thanks / Like

tried that before, didn't work....at all. I find better results just applying lotion on my skin, and spraying the frag afterwards. I have very dry skin, but it does the job for longevity

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I've sprayed perfume on my wet body was when i reapplied my perfume after a pool dip.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

Wet, most likely no. But when it's properly moisturized by non-drying body washes, other moisturizing cosmetic, body care, grooming products etc., then there might be some truth behind it.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Roja Dove stated in one of his videos that one should apply your fragrance, then put a light moisturizer over it. It will add to the longevity of the scent. Of course one would use unscented moisturizer.

Post Thanks / Like

unscented lotion + perfume = improved longevity and silliage

Post Thanks / Like

A good unscented lotion to use is Cetaphil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Roja Dove stated in one of his videos that one should apply your fragrance, then put a light moisturizer over it. It will add to the longevity of the scent. Of course one would use unscented moisturizer.
    I've tried it this way and it does extend the life of a fragrance, but it only works for me on really strong fragrances. Projection takes a hit and it changes the way the fragrance smells to an extent.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

I think fragheads are the only people who complain about having dry skin haha, many times my close friends have laughed at me for saying I wish my skin was a little more oily so that fragrances would last longer.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they are trying to emulate what one is supposed to do with designer shower gels when one doesn't own the shower gels (i.e. just before end of shower, step out of stream, apply small amount of shower gel to sponge, apply froth all over, turn down the heat of shower water, jump under and rinse - locking scent into pores).

Or it's a hybrid system - like mixing up your own balm ( a form of moisturizer) but applying it to chest and body instead of face. That often knocks off a few notes, and I've noticed it eventually knocks off longevity beyond a certain point.

Best way I've seen to increase longevity is to apply scent to certain spots, wait half a minute, then spray exactly over the previously sprayed points. Which increases longevity but doubles the consumption rate.
    Regards,
    Renato

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Best way I've seen to increase longevity is to apply scent to certain spots, wait half a minute, then spray exactly over the previously sprayed points. Which increases longevity but doubles the consumption rate.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Thanks Renato. Thats definitely something I will try later on
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille