Code of Conduct

Default New Mitsouko drydown.

First off I apologise if this is like one Mitsouko thread too many

With the current EdP and parfum all I can smell after a while is an overwhelming sharpness. It's not that I am averse to sharpness -it is Mitsouko after all, but it is like this completely characterless note that's just sharp and nothing else.

I have two bottles of pre-reformulation EdT and the drydown is rather different, but I would expect that from a different formula. I don't know if what I am experiencing is due to the concentration or if it's the new formula that disagrees with me so much.

Has anyone found the same thing with the newer formulation?

Of course I don't expect the new perfume to be the same, but this just smells wrong to me. I thought my EdP bottle must have been wrong but I noticed the same thing in the parfum. It's a shame as the first hour or so is wonderful. Then it's like I have a knife stuck up my nose.

I'd love to know what other people think of the current parfum, which I think is great in the earlier stages.

Many thanks

Default Re: New Mitsouko drydown.

I have found the same with the current parfum - I think it's a dire re-formulation, but I get on fine with the EDP.

Basenotes Institution

I don't think the new parfum is bad( I did at first ) - it does take some getting used too. I actually find the new EDP sharper at first than the parfum extrait but the EDP mellows out quickly. The parfum extrait lacks some of the depth of the older versions I guess but it's more floral - 'more ethereal ' if you like.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th February 2010 at 11:48 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

For me it is the EDP that is too sharp. The extrait is more mellow and enjoyable to me (both of mine are modern releases).

I"m wearing vintage pure parfum today, and honestly I prefer the new EDP version (seems to 'sparkle' more).

However, this is like saying I like watching a shirtless Brad Pitt scene a little bit more than a shirtless George Clooney scene. (And really now, what's the difference between that?)

This is one of my favorite perfumes in any version except EDT, which just stinks (like Kanye West interruption)

Basenotes Institution

True ,the EDT is very poor as are most Guerlains.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with me

I dunno, MK, Chamade EDT has a nuclear half-life, for all intents and purposes...I thought it was quite lovely (even though I am an extrait person).

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I dunno, MK, Chamade EDT has a nuclear half-life, for all intents and purposes...I thought it was quite lovely (even though I am an extrait person).
    Thanks Asha - so there's hope with the EDTs !
    I just found Vol de Nuit EDT lasted all of 15 minutes on me and dittto Mitsouko , Shalimar. I will still wear the EDTs but I carry the bottle around to respray.

Treemoss IS sharper, greener, harsher and less gentle-aromatic-woody than oakmoss. Therefore New Mitsouko IS sharper, greener, harsher, - hoarser, less refined - in any concentration, than vintage. But some days, I actually choose the hoarse Mitsouko, to get this harsher and greener effect.