Code of Conduct

Default Chanel (Reform) Vs. Chanel (Vintage) *Opinions*

To be pertinent and explain the crux of this thread...I hear by stand through my judgment and can mellifluously *sorry about minor Jabberwocky * say that it shines through it's predecessor...this is just my opinion of course, it is completely transparent to your verdict.[sic]. I find the recent Antaeus to have more of a litigious edge to it...violent and crude...in the most affectionate ways!! it's beeswax is more prominent within..whereas the quondam selection is definitely consumed of a more floral base! I do still enjoy the Original Antaeus...find it amazingly sensual and proves to have some nuances of feminism But c'mon...the bitter/sweet quantities of the reformulation just adds a sturdier edge to it..I really
    am surprised about this ..though it makes my selection much easier...I can now happily walk up to my domestic chemist and...shazahhmm! A bunyanesque bottle of antaeus appears in me' good ole' jacks!

So to concluse and recapitulate all of this...anyone agree that the new reformulation is still a great success!

I'll post on this topic again to confer more thoughts!!

Take care My Basenote family!!

- Balava
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 19th February 2010 at 03:04 PM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Default Re: Chanel (Reform) Vs. Chanel (Vintage) *Opinions*

well i have smelled the current anateus and it is still very, very strong. still a sillage and longevity monster, and obviously not easy to wear on a daily basis. i wonder how strong the pre-formulation one is. probably 1 spray will last the whole month, if it is really indeed watered down.

scary...

and i love the reformulated one for what it is!
    Last edited by joey86; 19th February 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Old Antaeus is denser, softer, sweeter, warmer, more animalic. The new is still a good fragrance, but it's harsher and less sensual. (Old Antaeus wasn't really stronger than new, just different.)

I prefer vintage, hands down, but I can make do with the new in a pinch.

I got lost within all the advanced vocabulary and lingo...

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I try not to let reformulations limit my enjoyment of frags. However, the current version of Antaeus is at best a good shadow of the original which has been well described by tott.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I wonder why they reformulate a good thing. Is it because they cannot get the same quality ingredients as they did before? So frustrating to love an original and be disappointed with the reformulation because that is the only thing available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Old Antaeus is denser, softer, sweeter, warmer, more animalic. The new is still a good fragrance, but it's harsher and less sensual. (Old Antaeus wasn't really stronger than new, just different.)

Exactly what tott said. And this is true with most reformulations of the great classic fragrances - the new ones seem harsher and less rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I try not to let reformulations limit my enjoyment of frags. However, the current version of Antaeus is at best a good shadow of the original which has been well described by tott.
    Exactly. There are tons of great fragrances out there and I don't have time to waste with mediocre ones

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post

I think the same way about the fragrances per se, only i do enjoy both all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I wonder why they reformulate a good thing. Is it because they cannot get the same quality ingredients as they did before? So frustrating to love an original and be disappointed with the reformulation because that is the only thing available to you.
    A few reasons that I can think of...

1) The fragrance doesn't sell as well as it used to, so they want to reduce the production costs so that it is cheaper to make.

2) The company can no longer source one or more of the major aroma-chemicals.

3) Some of the major aroma-chemicals are either outlawed or have to to be greatly reduced due to new regulations...