Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Saturday 20 February

Good morning!

Another day with rescue remedy aka Aroma M Geisha Rouge dabbed on my wristbone... perfume oils (especially spicy ones like this) are great when spraying anything feels like a waste because of flu. Oils don't fill the air and irritate your sore nose but stay close to skin and you can take a sniff every now and then to check if you can smell and if you can, be revived by them.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 20 February

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Basenotes Institution

One I haven't worn for sometime.... Beyond Love By Kilian . So wonderful ! I have forgotten just how wonderful it is !
    Hugs for 30 Roses and Tigs and all who need one- come on here !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Dior Dune

Poor Tigrushka! Get better soon.
    It's been raining lately here in Malaysia and I hope to stay away from cold and flu at all cost!

Blog Entries

Hopefully your nasty flu will disappear soon Tigrushka!

I've been stuck in a perfume rut lately. I'm just about to head back to my apartment (where 90% of my perfume lives), however over the last 2 months I've been back home staying with my Mum and Dad, so I had limited fragrance choices over that time. So for the time being, (until I can return to the rest of my babies), I'm wearing Fantasy by Britney Spears.

L'Heure Bleue

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is L'Artisan Dzongkha. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Notes include Lichee, Cardamom, Peony, Iris, Tea Leaves and Incense.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For work I'm in Feminite du bois. Get better soon Tigrushka!

I've changed my mind and switched to Apres l'Ondee

Basenotes Plus

Kingdom Pure Parfum.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 20th February 2010 at 11:12 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Caron's Narcisse Noir extrait de parfum (sample)

Last edited by Antaeusintheair; 20th February 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Tom Ford's Black Orchid...

Hello everybody!

I'm wearing the long-discontinued, incredibly sultry Deneuve today. I'm in the vintage original, but the LLP version is pretty darn good, and a much better choice than doing without.

Last edited by Evangeline; 20th February 2010 at 12:33 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Chevignon today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Spending my Saturday morning at work. Hard choice, but finally decided on SSS Cameo, a rose-violet musk with labdanum and ambergris. Very soothing.

Yesterday I also tried another Kumquat sample: Profumum Dolcis in Fundo. I'm really liking this one. Seems to be a very comforting creamy orange/vanilla. I could really grow to love this!

Went to bed in PdN Eau Turqoise. This is a fragrance I don't think about often enough. Sometimes it really hits the spot!

Hoping to do some more sample-testing over the weekend.

Have an excellent today, ya'll!
    Last edited by Lessa; 20th February 2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 20 February

Nice weekend everyone

Dominique Ropion's CARNAL FLOWER

EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FREDERIC MALLE

Superb perfume!!!!
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm a Bond gurrrrlll today - Gramercy Park (THANX Sloan_8013!!)

Minty rounded green at the start shades into white flowers over a tender musk. I lived for a few years on Gramercy Park and this is IT!!

I like it even better than my fave Central Park.Malheuresement'.! My bank statement does NOT.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Roberto, you smell FAB as usual!!
    I've spritzed myself with Hermes Eau des Merveilles for the morning. After some tennis and a shower, will either do some sampling, or pick a fav for my evening.
    Have a great weekend all!
    Last edited by cello; 20th February 2010 at 01:47 PM.

Parfums MDCI Paris - Invasion Barbare

Muscs Koublai Khan Serge Lutens my SotD

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 20 February

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Roberto, you smell FAB as usual!!
    I've spritzed myself with Hermes Eau des Merveilles for the morning. After some tennis and a shower, will either do some sampling, or pick a fav for my evening.
    Have a great weekend all!
    Lots of thanks Cello, but you also smell fabulous wearing Eau des Merveilles
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm working today, too. Wearing Cadjmere, again. Decant is getting low. You know what that means. [Bites knuckle.]
    It probably wouldn't be hard to arrange a bottle split with one of the BN boys.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Imperiale Extra Dry (vintage juice) by Guerlain

Off to the gym!

I am wearing CB Smoky Tobacco layered over CB Butterscotch. I hope to spend the afternoon with my Kindle and a bowl of popcorn and go to the theatre tonight. Calm and perfect day.

Giving Annick Goutal's Le Chevrefeuille a test drive today from a sample I recently obtained. Very nicely done honeysuckle, though it dries down to an excellent LOTV. I'm not a huge fan of LOTV, but I like this.

Off to clear the garden for spring planting. Wishing everyone a good and healthy Saturday!

SotD: Kilian Cruel Intentions from a sample

Tigs, feel better soon!

Blog Entries

Running a bit late, but was stopped in my tracks by Aramis Havana. This one's my favorite for a reason.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

This morning I'm sampling another of Ankica's creations, LG, which is a floral with what smells like ginger. Later, the plan is that I'll be sampling SL's Ambre Sultan. Amber lover that I am, this should be a treat.

My SOTD - A*Men Pure Malt, this stuff is amazing, someone described it as having a bowl of fresh berries with sweet pure malt whiskey poured all over it !!!!!! I'll just add caramels to the mix. Don't miss out getting a bottle of this if you can, it's one of those frags that make your mouth water when your smelling it. I had heard so many good reviews I bought 6 bottles before I smelled it and hope to get a few more.!!!!

Another day in Pleasures Delight. Husband wore Feuilles de Tabac. We were sweet and spicy patchouli-pals, respectively.

Woooooooooooooooonderful news in our house today so I'll spritz Guerlain 180 ans to celebrate!!
    What else could possibly work?

Started the day in the careful and quiet Costes No2 :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Ambre Narguile today

I'm wearing Nahema parfum today, plus a bit of Ava Luxe Rasa.

E., I love your word choice -- better than doing without. :-)
    Lovethescents, please tell us what's going on? Other BNers tried to make numerous educated guesses that have not been confirmed or denied. Not yet. Or, not that I know of.

30R., you and the whole family is in my prayers.

I wore Renato Balestra Diamant to work. Now that I am home for lunch, I am testing a couple of more and will wear something warm and woody for the evening shift.

Blog Entries

Sonoma Scent Studio - Jour Ensoleille
    Thank-you for the sample, Lessa!
    Jour Ensoleillé (sunny day) is a gentle chypre with a floral blend of orange blossom,
    tuberose, and jasmine over a soft woodsy, mossy base.
    This is a gorgeous green scent with hay notes. Very floral, too. Hurry up, Spring!
    Last edited by kumquat; 20th February 2010 at 07:05 PM.

SotD was Pure Oud from by Kilian (sample)...hmpfff...second day I sample this..and..I think I can finally say that this doesn't make it for me. First I get this burnt rubber thing...then I just get plain nothing. I was expecting soooo much from this..what a dissapointment.My Midnight Oud from Juliette has a Gun makes me much happier..

Blog Entries

Greetings all! I'm dipping my toes back in to this wonderful place. I get a little withdrawn during the winter, plus I've had some stuff going on, and I think I had been spending a little *too* much time here by last fall-- hanging out in the chat room, reading almost every post in all the forums and taking the time to reply to so many. Great fun, but I really overloaded. I needed a break.

Also, I've lately become extra-sensitive to smells. I'm usually ready to give up my incense and orientals when the weather turns warmer and the days get longer and brighter, but for the past couple of months only my mildest, most innocuous scents have had any appeal for me. So I'm usually reaching for my nice, but generic, Lucky No. Six. And who wants to read about that?!

I hope everyone has been well and I looking forward to reading what you all are up to these days! :wave:
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Blog Entries

Hey, an Aoud Girl! Welcome back. It's always nice to see you. Never boring at all. I wear some stuff over & over. I just don't write it down every time.

Yay, welcome back an_oud_girl! I've been having some sensitivity lately too, and have been in my very mild cologne-type frags for day wear. Now that we have SotD stats started again, I'll be you can sway the whole thing if you wear only a handful of frags BTW, better get your BMM bracket in!

SotD is Guerlain Chamade PDT, lightly dabbed. Doing it this way is perfect for giving the notes some space...

So glad to see you back here, Oud Girl! Missed you.

Everyone smells great today, but you boys are especially fragrant!

I'm testing two Parfums DelRae fragrances. Mythique is a very smooth and handsome iris blend, and Debut is a green lily of the valley in the general tradition of Diorissimo. I give these both four stars for excellence and loveliness, but neither quite captures my heart. So far Amoureuse is the only DelRae on my wish list!

Testing, testing, testing, this and that, but let's say
    Quand vient la pluie

The jury is out on this one. I think the sweetness overpowers potential complexity.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 20th February 2010 at 08:34 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

We love ya, Ouds Baby!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Twolf, okay.....I guess since I'll have to tell my employer I really should tell my favorite fumie friends.....I'm pregnant!!! Yayyy! We're so thrilled, I can't tell you :-) It's been an excruciating road, and it's only the beginning, but God-willing, our little boy will become a big brother! After that, I'll need another celebratory 180ans spritz ;-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Welcome back, an_oud_girl! You were missed!

Dior - Bois d' Argent from a sample today.

lovethescents
    , I am happy for you, congratulations!
    Last edited by *dora*; 20th February 2010 at 09:27 PM.

Blog Entries

An_Oud_Girl!!!! *wrapping you up in a big ol' bear hug* Missed you oodles, I'm so glad to see you again and know all is well! I think everybody needs to take some time off now and then. Will you play BMM with us?! I just filled out my very first bracket, and I'm so excited!
    Lovethescents, what glorious good news!!! Congratulations!!

Le Chevrefeuille... oh, VintageVogue, you've got me missing it. I let my decant run out, and I can see I'll have to replace it before Spring.

Woke up this morning to hear birds singing for the first time in months... never realized how much I missed them... it was like friends coming back after a long absence, just bursting with stories to tell!

Dior Homme

I wore this at work today, and little wafts of it made me smile... used to adore it for its lavender and sage top notes, but now I reach for it because of its rich drydown... amber, leather, patchouli.... I'm celebrating since I can finally smell again, and this masterpiece has me spellbound....

Love it.
    <3 ... I'm blind crazy in love... <3

Started the day in Samsara then was so happy to receive a very generous sample package from Dora, thank you so much! Trying not to sample too much at once but so far I'm comfortable in Gucci Accenti, Armani Gio and Gres Cabaret.
    Accenti - peaches, berries and honey, full bodied but not too rich. This is smooth and a pleasure to wear.
    Gio - instantly makes me feel wide awake and alert. Vibrant, uplifting with tuberose and gardenia.
    Cabaret - roses and incense.Soft fragrance which suggests autumn to me. Love the rose in Cabaret.

Congratulations lovethescents!!!! Wonderful news.
    Welcome back an_oud_girl!

Today I am wearing Shalimar EDP
    Evenstar

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Love's True Bluish Light today.

My bottle of Cuir Lancome came in the mail today. I'm very disappointed in the bottle, or rather the lid really. It is so loose and the spray mechanism seems loose too. Did I get a bad one or is this a common fault?

Congratulations, lovethescents!

Lovely pictures today, Kumquat and EM. I'm SO ready for spring! I did see a robin earlier this week ... maybe that means spring is coming? That poor robin was in hiding today, it was snowing this morning.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Shalimar Eau Legere.

Grats lovethescents!

Noir Epices for me today and I can't stop sniffing my wrists. Mmmmm.

HUGE hugs, (((((((Lovethescents!))))))) I'm stoked for you.

Good to see you, ((((oud girl!)))) Your sotd posts won't be any more boring than mine, I guarantee it.

Btw, I started a blog today. We watched Julie & Julia on Valentine's Day and I decided a blog would be fun. I mean, what the heck! It's called Vegicuriosity and is about stuff that I eat and cook.

SOTE: Black Amethyst (Bath & Body Works)

Congratulations to you and your family, lovethescents! I'm glad you decided to share your news with us!

My SotE is Divine EDP. I can tell it's good, but it's just too aldehydic/perfumey/fruity for my taste. :-(

What a good Saturday we are having! Perhaps, we all deserve some sort of break from all that bad news in January and February. Congratulations and many hugs to RHM, lovethescents, and an_oud_girl. EM, I heard someone chirping here too today around 1 pm, although the mercury never rose higher than 30 degrees F, and the cats start mewoing -- sure sign that spring is upon us (hahaha -- snow showers tomorrow and flurries on Tuesday, our radio said).

Cello came up with a great idea of chasing the winter blues away -- Five Star Fragrance week starts tomorrow. I encourage everyone to participate actively. If the mountain does not come to Mohammed, you know what to do!

I will start tonight -- in Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse. Dreamy and sweet violets with fruity raspberry undertones, slightly plastic-y but great nontheless. Thanks to 30R. for supplying me with a decant (my full bottle is long gone, dog gone it!)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

John Varvatos this mild evening
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Twolf, okay.....I guess since I'll have to tell my employer I really should tell my favorite fumie friends.....I'm pregnant!!! Yayyy! We're so thrilled, I can't tell you :-) It's been an excruciating road, and it's only the beginning, but God-willing, our little boy will become a big brother! After that, I'll need another celebratory 180ans spritz ;-)
    Congratulations!!! What Great News!!!
    am. Purple Label by RL
    pm. Signature Scent by Bond No.9
    Gary

Scrubbed off the less-than-divine Divine. Now sampling a new one for SotE. It is Acqua di Parma Profumo, and – OMG! – I am in HEAVEN. The prices on the web, however, are startling.

"Who has a bottle for sale, cheap?", she asked wistfully.

Look at the great Italian bottle design, too (it can be had, apparently, without the silly bulb atomizer thingie):

Congrats!! Lovethescent! What a wonderful news!

Congratulations lovethescents! What wonderful news!

I've decided to be predictable again tonight--wearing Serge Lutens MKK.

Good evening everyone!

We just returned from a fabulous night of the tastiest Indian food to be had in these parts, then some live jazz. I smelled wonderful through it all in Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum. And I was thrilled to receive several compliments - people always seems to respond to the sweet and luscious scents ....Pink Sugar never fails to get positive comments.

Great idea regarding the five-star fragrances, cello - I can start tonight with another spritz of Loukhoum before bed. I'll figure out the others each morning as I stand before them.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 21st February 2010 at 04:19 AM.