Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Rush for Men in stock at Beauty Encounter - What do you think of this discontinued fragrance?

It looks like Beauty Encounter happened across a stockpile! Gucci Rush is being listed for $55 for 3.4oz and $60 for 1.7oz. I'm surprised they're not marking it up 200-300% like the other online shops. It's too bad I didn't see this when they had their recent $25 off deal going, you guys could have gotten a much better deal.

I know it's pretty highly regarded around here and very rare since being out of production so I thought I'd give you guys the heads up to jump on this before they're scooped up and resold on eBay.

My apologies if this is a regular occurrence. I haven't seen it in stock anywhere since I registered here.

Here's the link for it: http://perfume.beautyencounter.com/s...=and&view=grid

I personally feel it's not that great. I found it along the lines of Gucci pour Homme but GpH is pretty "one note" and Rush has some incense mixed in with the very dominant cedar. I'm a big fan of incense but it just wasn't enough for me to pick up a bottle.

If you've had the opportunity to try it, what do you think? Do you think Gucci should have discontinued it?

Oh and I'm not sure when they started, but Beauty Encounter now sells Amouage and L'Artisan full bottles and carded samples.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 20th February 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gucci Rush for Men in stock at Beauty Encounter - What do you think of this discontinued fragran

Interesting, I wonder why the 3.4 oz. costs less than the 1.7 oz. bottle?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Gucci Rush for Men in stock at Beauty Encounter - What do you think of this discontinued fragran

When you click on to puchase, it is out of stock!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Interesting, I wonder why the 3.4 oz. costs less than the 1.7 oz. bottle?
    I actually see that kind of pricing scheme fairly regularly, especially with older fragrances. More commonly I see the smaller one is priced just $10 or $20 less than one twice its size and you end up feeling you need the next bigger bottle for value's sake. I've been resisting that urge lately considering the size of my collection and the limited space in which I have to store it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Picasso View Post
    When you click on to puchase, it is out of stock!
    Nuts! It looks as if either they didn't have much to sell or their web site has made it available by mistake. I placed it in my cart yesterday and had entered my credit card information before deciding against it after sampling it again at the last second.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 20th February 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a bottle a few months ago. From my test-wearing I thought it was a nicely done cedar and incense scent that'd work much better in the summer.
    I refuse to sink.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gucci Rush for Men in stock at Beauty Encounter

Thanks for posting this! I grabbed a bottle shortly after I saw your post and I was fortunate to get one as it appears to have sold out fast. It's a blind buy but I think I'll like it being a fan of wood and incense frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of it - may have been unique when it was launched two decades ago, but now it smells like a tired old dry cedar/synthy incense concept which has now evolved a lot (see the CdG incense series).
    -

Default Re: Gucci Rush for Men in stock at Beauty Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY911 View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I grabbed a bottle shortly after I saw your post and I was fortunate to get one as it appears to have sold out fast. It's a blind buy but I think I'll like it being a fan of wood and incense frags.
    Great you were able to land a bottle. It's good stuff IMO.

It's my go-to for clubbing. Lasts a long time. Strong incensey feel. Exotic. I like it, but don't wear it very often. Recommended, though, if you like something a little different. And the controversial packaging -- I think it's kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    It's my go-to for clubbing. Lasts a long time. Strong incensey feel. Exotic. I like it, but don't wear it very often. Recommended, though, if you like something a little different. And the controversial packaging -- I think it's kind of cool.
    Yeah, I really dig the bottle. Looks like an old school music cassette!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Great you were able to land a bottle. It's good stuff IMO.
    I'm glad you were able to grab a bottle! I was fearing it was a web site error. Please let us know what you think when you get it!
    Last edited by PorkFat; 20th February 2010 at 09:45 PM.