Code of Conduct

Default Comic on perfumes!

I found this comic about perfumes that's pretty much interesting. Its about a perfumer with a super sensitive nose and how he uses that, and his perfuming ability as well as his french cousin to solve mystery cases.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/0_no_soukoushi/

some may find it creepy because the author used many actual references to perfumes, including an explanation on how it affects the brain, as well as chemicals etc. And not to mention actual perfume mentioned in the comic.

imagine if luca turin or jean claude ellena could solve mystery cases based on perfume?! thats what the manga's about :X
    enjoy :x

Default Re: Comic on perfumes!

This is really interesting, because I heard that the concept of personal scents is still not "big" in Japan. Incense, flowers, scents for spaces... but not so much personal scents. I don't know how true this is, but the fact that a manga explores this issue is noteworthy. Mind you, much of manga is devoted to an obsession of one kind or another.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

WOW! Sounds great..hopefully is as good as it looks...cheers!

- Balava!!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    This is really interesting, because I heard that the concept of personal scents is still not "big" in Japan. Incense, flowers, scents for spaces... but not so much personal scents. I don't know how true this is, but the fact that a manga explores this issue is noteworthy. Mind you, much of manga is devoted to an obsession of one kind or another.
    It's definitely growing there but it is true personal scents is not "big" with the older generations in East Asia. It's most probably because bathing and cleanliness is such a big part of the culture and habit that there wasn't a need to mask any odours. Interesting to note that there was a time in history where bathing was thought to cause illness and only the witches bathed and they led long lives (until they were hunted down)
    Visit my blog at http://thescenter.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Quite interesting. Do we have that here in the US as well? hehehe..