Code of Conduct

Thread: Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Sport

The thing is, we all have our own views about how a sporty fragrance should smell like. some fragrance house's make it easy for us by offering a fragrance which bears the "sport" tag. I'm smitten by atleast two of them...

YSL Kouros Cologne Sport (powdery floral (jasmine) blended with incensed water & sandalwood)
    Cartier Santos eau de Sport (powdery, spicy, green & Intense.)

Some other fragrances which doesnt really bear the name sport but is quite sporty imho...
    Polo Explorer
    Luciano Soprani Sulky
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrate

Does this genre of scents impress you...? if so, what are your favorites?
    Last edited by jenson; 20th February 2010 at 04:38 PM.

Default Re: Sport

I often cadge a quick spray of Tiffany Sport for Men whenever I'm in a Tiffany store. Don't think I'd pay for it, but it's a nice, fresh version of Tiffany for Men. Plus -- Tiffany, Sport --it's just kind of a hilarious concept, right? Hard to resist the humor in this one.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in the hot & humid tropical climate, we can ill-afford to ignore this genre.
    I still enjoy these few:-

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren
    Silver Shadow Altitude by Davidoff
    Allure Homme Sports by Chanel
    Essential by Lacoste
    Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 20th February 2010 at 04:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't really care for ''sport'' flankers

Santos Eau de Sport is a spectacular fragrance and is one of my very favorite.

To me, Domenico Caraceni's Ivy League smells very sporty, like one has just finished playing polo. The topnotes of chamomile make it a little too soapy for my liking, but it's complimented with a great base that smells like fresh, wet grass.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    The thing is, we all have our own views about how a sporty fragrance should smell like. some fragrance house's make it easy for us by offering a fragrance which bears the "sport" tag. I'm smitten by atleast two of them...

YSL Kouros Cologne Sport (powdery floral (jasmine) blended with incensed water & sandalwood)
    Cartier Santos eau de Sport (powdery, spicy, green & Intense.)

Does this genre of scents impress you...? if so, what are your favorites?
    Those are the only 2 I like and own.

This is not my favorite genre of fragrances.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 20th February 2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I used to have a mini of Liz claibourne Sport and remember liking it a lot before
    it ran out on me. I also have a bottle of Chanel Allure Sport that has plenty
    of life left. However, I miss the soapy freshness of Liz and often bypass
    the unisexiness of Chanel for others in my collection.

The only "sport" I own is Guerlain Vetiver Sport, which I love and have a back up of.
    As a rule, I stay away from all "sport"-y flankers and scents especially if I'm not interested in the brand to begin with (e.g., Polo, Lacoste, etc.). However, I'll test certain ones at a store occasionally (like the Chanels) but don't end up attracted to them enough to make a purchse. My satisfaction for "fresh" and "casual" comes from other types of notes and scents (e.g. classic citrus or vetiver).

Cartier Roadster Sport
    Allure Homme Sport

Post Thanks / Like

The only sport I own is Nautica sport
    and I have had it before I got into the whole basenotes thing
    no new sport flanker out there really impresses me
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Speaking of Explorer, I was surprised by how similar the drydown was to Adidas Victory League, though the tops are quite different. I don't really mind if by "sport," they mean that they "freshened up" the top notes, just so long as the base is enjoyable. The only "sport" I own a bottle of is Sport Field, which is like a light version of Montana Parfum d'Homme (red box), though it's a bit more complex. In their "guide" book, TS claimed Higher by Dior was "sporty," or something to that effect, but I enjoy the dry herbal/woody pear thing going on, and don't think of it as "sporty" at all. Since I've avoided frags that have gotten bad reviews here or elsewhere, due to being typical "sport" type ones, I don't really know much about them. I had Adidas Moves a long time ago (gift), but gave it away soon after receiving it. I did have Tommy not too long ago, so if that is a typical "sport" frag, then I'd say it's a bit too simple for me.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 20th February 2010 at 08:14 PM.

Even Tide Detergent now has a Sport flanker.

tide_ff_sport.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    ...YSL Kouros Cologne Sport (powdery floral (jasmine) blended with incensed water & sandalwood)...
    I have a sample on the way . Hopefully, it will be my defacto Sport fragrance bottle. Although I have just realized getting a full bottle is difficult where I live. I'll report back on how I feel about this Kouros flanker.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

I use G. Nejman Le Sportif which I really like. It reminds me a little of one of the older Amouage fragrances for men, either Arcus or Cirrus, can't think which it is as they no longer make those two, but Le Sportif lasts a long time and is not in your face or overpowering like some other fragrances can be.

Composition: Description
    Head: Tangerine, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Melon
    Heart: Cyclamen, aquatic notes, Rosemary, Sage, Lily of the Valley
    Base: Patchouly, Ambergris, Musk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I use G. Nejman Le Sportif which I really like. It reminds me a little of one of the older Amouage fragrances for men, either Arcus or Cirrus, can't think which it is as they no longer make those two, but Le Sportif lasts a long time and is not in your face or overpowering like some other fragrances can be.

Composition: Description
    Head: Tangerine, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Melon
    Heart: Cyclamen, aquatic notes, Rosemary, Sage, Lily of the Valley
    Base: Patchouly, Ambergris, Musk
    I've been waiting to try this one. But Luckyscent which has the other 2 of the 3 doesn't have Le Sportif in yet. I know that First In Fragrance has them though.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I'm waiting for Chergui to come out in a light, sporty version.

Ha ha.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

YSL Kouros Cologne Sport
    Fred Hayman Touch Sport
    Hilfiger Athletics (sport, isn't it?)
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think I've found anything with the word "Sport" in it that I liked. Dior Homme Sport, I detest the most, that crap stings my nose and it reminds me of L'eau d'Issey, but a tad sythentic. I don't know what's the point of "Allure Cologne Sport". It seemed redundant. Allure Cologne Sport Cologne Sport Cologne Sport Sport Cologne Cologne Sporlogne.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Antaeus Sport is pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

While the concept of a sport flanker (or any flanker per se) doesn't ring any bells for me, I do have a quiet fondness for "golf/sport" scents. Grassy, vetiver scents.
    Trophee Lancome
    Royal Green by Seve Ballesteros
    and an honorable mention to Greenergy by Givenchy
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

My current favourites from the sport genre are Polo Sport, Silver Shadow Altitude and Allure Homme Sport. I find vetiver dominant frags like Paul Smith Story, Original Vetiver and Mugler Cologne to be sporty but in a old fashioned kind of way.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."